piercing baby's ears???

I agree with Eskimobabys that this isn't really a big thing for everyone to argue about whether we agree with it or not. Surely everyone should respect everyone else's opinion no matter what we think of it. If someone pieces there child’s ears it does not affect you and therefore you shouldn't preach at them for the decision they made. And if someone believes that it is wrong to do again you shouldn't try to make them believe your view is right as for them it isn't.
Please can we draw a line now and all agree to disagree and stop trying to change people opinions as it’s there’s to have.

Sorry if that sounded patronising but we’re all mums here and should be supporting each other and i hate it when posts get like this.

If thats for me yes that does sound wrong as I never said it was wrong for any one else to do it just how I felt about it towards my child. dont care what you do with your child dosnt effect me. I dont try and make any one see it my way, long as I live by MY way thats all that matters in MY world. Disagreeing dosnt mean I have a picket sign shouting about it.

Im not trying to have a go at poeple who do choose to pierce. I am just passionate about my reasons for not choosing piercing for my daughters, and am just voicing my resons and opinions. Im not trying to change peoples minds or ridicule anyones choices. At the end of the day if someone I cared about got thier baby's ears pieced I wouldnt say anything negative about it. xxx

I won't be. All my reasons have been beautifully voiced within these 6 pages.

If this one is a girl, I want to get her ears pierced when she's around 3 months old.

If this one is a girl, I want to get her ears pierced when she's around 3 months old.

I always love your posts Seity, so straight forward with out a care what others think.:thumbup:

I wouldn't get DD's ears pierced yet but when she asks and I feel she understands that it will hurt and they need to be looked/not messed around with after i'll probably let her. I don't have a exact age in mind tbh but in some ways i'd prefer she had them done at an age where I can have a hand in the aftercare so I can check it's done properly.

Before she was born I said No, she wouldn't be getting them done but OH wanted to get them done. Now that she's here he's changed his mind, too.

We will get them done if she wants them, when she is old enough to decide for herself. My ears got pierced when I was 3 months old, Although I don't hate my mom for it but I wish I would have had a choice.

Would you be ok with it if a member of your family came up to you and left 2 puncture marks on your body without your consent for a non-medical reason?

I got my ears pierced as a newborn, so: yes. I was always grateful to have pierced ears and not remember the pain, anticipation, etc.

Would you be ok with it if a member of your family came up to you and left 2 puncture marks on your body without your consent for a non-medical reason?

I got my ears pierced as a newborn, so: yes. I was always grateful to have pierced ears and not remember the pain, anticipation, etc.

I was 9 and I can't remember the pain or the anticipation.... And I got to make the decision for myself!

When I was 23 I had a baby ripped from my insides during a c-section. I can't remember the pain from that either. :haha:

When I was 23 I had a baby ripped from my insides during a c-section. I can't remember the pain from that either. :haha:

what with no spinal or epi pain relief? did you sign a form to? I had to. And it was an emergency. ear piercing isnt an emergency.

what with no spinal or epi pain relief? did you sign a form to? I had to. And it was an emergency. ear piercing isnt an emergency.

I think you missed my sarcastic point.

Just because I don't remember the pain from it, doesn't mean it didn't affect/change me.

Mine was an emergency, too and no, I didn't sign any paper work for anything.

Whit- were you not thinking positively enough? ;)

:rofl:

I suppose not.

My whole pregnancy I should have thought "my body is NOT going to have spasms from the epidural" and maybe it wouldn't have happened!

:winkwink:

are we really comparing ear piercing to having surgery? i dont think you can compare the two, its just earrings!:)

Just because I don't remember the pain from it, doesn't mean it didn't affect/change me.

You dont remember feeling pain because you where under anaesthetic. You are an adult not a child and it was necessary. I dont even know why you are comparing the two.

I agree with Eskimobabys that this isn't really a big thing for everyone to argue about whether we agree with it or not. Surely everyone should respect everyone else's opinion no matter what we think of it. If someone pieces there child’s ears it does not affect you and therefore you shouldn't preach at them for the decision they made. And if someone believes that it is wrong to do again you shouldn't try to make them believe your view is right as for them it isn't.
Please can we draw a line now and all agree to disagree and stop trying to change people opinions as it’s there’s to have.

Sorry if that sounded patronising but we’re all mums here and should be supporting each other and i hate it when posts get like this.

Ditto. Everyone has stated their opinions but somehow its still going on and oooooon. Now it feels like the people who are against it are just here to ride on their high horse.

are we really comparing ear piercing to having surgery? i dont think you can compare the two, its just earrings!:)

You dont remember feeling pain because you where under anaesthetic. You are an adult not a child and it was necessary. I dont even know why you are comparing the two.

:dohh:

I was just joking, sheesh.

This isn't a such a serious topic to me, you know why? Because I don't care what someone else does with their child. I know what I'll do with my child and that's all that matters.

Whit, your daughter will never be on Jersey Shore without several piercings. You should start her early.

:dohh:

I was just joking, sheesh.

This isn't a such a serious topic to me, you know why? Because I don't care what someone else does with their child. I know what I'll do with my child and that's all that matters.

i knew you were joking! i was mostly talking about people comparing earrings to circumcision. i never knew myself what a huge topic this was, having only gotten the internet a few months ago, but i thought it was normal to get your girl babies ears pierced! i was not prepared to be called a bad mom, who likes to inflict pain on my child for the sake of vanity! i really dont care if another mom doesnt want to pierce their babys ears, but it would be nice to refrain from calling it cruel or saying we dont think our babys are cute enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->