Plan B ... BFP

mschief

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my bumpy ride to my bfp...

I had sex a few weeks ago for the first time in months and 16 hours after we were done it was decided that we should take plan b just in case the pull out method didn't work.

little did we know that was the day that I ovulated.

8dpo I started having really bad gas and bloating
9dpo the bloating was severe and i felt constipated, stuffy nose and shortness of breath

10dpo slept 12 hours, nausea, swollen tender breasts and sensitive nipples which i just chopped up to it being the Plan B because it is one of the labelled side effects along with the bloating and gas I just assumed AF was well on her way and the stuffy nose was just because I was coming down with a cold :shrug:

11dpo I noticed I was getting up 3-4 times/night to go pee and nothing could be held in which again I pee often when AF is on her way so I wasn't concerned.

12dpo I slept for 12 hours, was extremely exhausted, cramping and bloating and yellow-ish cm and the above noted symptoms.

13dpo the above symptoms I am now getting used to because AF is due a day from now not thinking anything of it I go to go write my midterm and in the middle of the midterm I started feeling dizzy, nauseous, and confused. I don't get nervous during exams, actually the complete opposite I was acing this one and was half way through it while everyone was still on page 2, towards the end I counted 3 hot flashes in the middle of a cold classroom. That's when I decided maybe I should test because Hot flashes aren't a normal PMS symptom for me... needless to say when I got home I took a dollar store test and initially it came out as a really faint positive and 5 mins later it was a little darker.

14dpo my appetite is on and off, I am now nervous that this is a CP because of the plan b and the fact it was a faint positive so I wasn't really in tune with my symptoms minus the fact I noted that: I had really itchy armpits, 3 days straight I had really loose stool (TMI) and increased cm.

15dpo (Today): I woke up cramping and still experiencing all the same symptoms as 13dpo, so after running to the toilet for what was yet another loose bm, I noticed spotting in my discharge it was a little pink and then after that I wiped clean so I decided to go to the walkin clinic and test there again and this time around the test was a solid positive :bfp::bfp:

I have never experienced any of this before and no matter what I googled about becoming pregnant after taking Plan B none of these symptoms were there and nobody followed up with what happened after getting a BFP.

I am 4 weeks and 1 day and hope to help someone with this wacky story and symptoms (Like itchy armpits? really?)
and maybe I can get an answer to if I should be concerned about the health of my baby after taking the plan b? It obviously didn't work because I already ovulated so if i had the pink discharge was implantation successful?

Guess I won't know until I see my family dr.

20160222160151.jpg

20160224154857.jpg

20160224155028.jpg

20160224154851.jpg

Not got any personal experience I'm afraid but my friend was pregnant after using plan B...not sure what the outcome would have been as she opted for a termination. See what your doctor says, they might send you for an early scan to see if everything's ok. Good luck :)

If implantation wasnt successful you wouldnt have gotten a bfp. In any case, Im sure everything is fine. Im not sure how Plan B works but I would imagine they would account for this type of situation when developing it. Definitely mention something to your doc about it though and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->