Planned Teen Pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to argue, as I don't think its might right to question and torment anyone's relationships. :shrug:

I'd just like to add that a lot of teenagers date people who are older then 18, and yes being fourteen does change the situation a little bit from societys eyes but if they're confident, hes supporting her, and whats done is done, then I think everyone should just her be and enjoy her pregnancy. You can't really do anything but state your opinion, and even that turns into an argument. :flower:

For me, my pregnancy (that ended in a miscarriage) wasn't planned nor prevented. I knew it could happen, but didn't think it would. Currently were not trying nor preventing, as thats what we did for so long. We plan to actually try when were married, or when we feel mature enough to tell everyone our baby was on purpous! (so probably 18 or 19 lol) :thumbup:

I have a genuine question here, so please don't take offence :hugs:

If you would rather have a baby when you are married, and when you feel mature enough (which means that you don't feel mature enough now, and you aren't married) then why are you NTNP?

I am 23. If I found out that one of my guy friends who was around 20 years old was dating anyone under 16 the first thing I would do is call the police.

We all know what opinion the LAW has on this matter.

No matter how grown up I felt I was at 14, I was still a child. A 20 year old who would have sex with a girl this young is disgusting. To get her pregnant on purpose is just ridiculous and so sad to me. He is the adult in this situation and should have acted like one. Obviously has no idea. He needs to be put in jail so he can not hurt anymore children.

:nope: It saddens me that such young girls think they are ready to take on the responisbility of a child. Yes us teen mum do it but we didn'try and it is teh hardest thing in the world. Especially when you have an education to finish. I really hope the gilrs that arn't yet pregnant see some sense and start using protection. Thinking they are old enough to try for a baby at 13,14,15,16 etc shows their immaturity. After struggling it just saddens me that a young girl would choose to be in my situation or worse

Don't get me wrong I love my son to bits and I wouldn't change him for the world. He is my world. But I wish he had happened later in life. He didn't and I am still going to Uni etc but it is so hard and I don't think these young girls realise this
xx

Yeah I agree with Heather. It's one thing when you have an unplanned teen pregnancy and you do your best to bring the baby up and get on with your life also to provide for them. Once you decide to keep your child it's only half the struggle, and not one we would have chosen for ourselfs. Sure we do not regret our children what so ever, but given the choice a lot of teen mums would want to have waited, to finish education and get a steady career and home, to be able to completely 100% do the best for their child without simple worrys like "will I finish uni?" "will I be able to get a job?" etc.

Trying for a child at 13/14/15 is extremely immature to me. Sure a person may seem mature, but reality and perceptions are so different. It might be nice at that age to think of your own little baby, your family, someone to love etc. but the reality is there is long, sleepless nights, screaming, financial worryie, stereotypes, your life no longer being about you etc.

I'm not going to argue, as I don't think its might right to question and torment anyone's relationships. :shrug:

I'd just like to add that a lot of teenagers date people who are older then 18, and yes being fourteen does change the situation a little bit from societys eyes but if they're confident, hes supporting her, and whats done is done, then I think everyone should just her be and enjoy her pregnancy. You can't really do anything but state your opinion, and even that turns into an argument. :flower:

For me, my pregnancy (that ended in a miscarriage) wasn't planned nor prevented. I knew it could happen, but didn't think it would. Currently were not trying nor preventing, as thats what we did for so long. We plan to actually try when were married, or when we feel mature enough to tell everyone our baby was on purpous! (so probably 18 or 19 lol) :thumbup:

I have a genuine question here, so please don't take offence :hugs:

If you would rather have a baby when you are married, and when you feel mature enough (which means that you don't feel mature enough now, and you aren't married) then why are you NTNP?

I dont get offended online very easily. . :winkwink:
I guess I just didn't phrase myself like I wanted too. I think that if I were pregnant now, I could be just as mature as if I were married or 1-2 years older. We partially wanted to start trying soon, but decided that we didn't want to "try" for a while. We kind of just want whats going to happen to happen. We did use protection until a few weeks ago since you can be more fertile after a miscarriage. I'm not in denial anymore, as I know for a FACT that I could get pregnant. :haha: Were kind of just trying to go with the flow of things I guess. (Sorry if this is confusing, I'm a bit mad at someone right now so my minds not in the right place)

Just so you know, I do get everyone's point of view, I just didn't want to repeat anyone else and make it more of a hassle for the OP to reply to everyone. :flower:

I was 17 (nearly 18) when we decided that we wanted a baby, and started trying right away, believing that it would take a long time as my mum struggled to conceive (took her 7 years to get me).

About a month later, found out we were expecting and I am now 23 weeks.

Best decision we have ever made xx

thought i'd join this ^-^
im Lora and im waiting to start trying to conceive for a little while.
im 16 and 11 months...and i know there is a huge amount of stigma and stereotypes attached to "the average 16 year old" who doesn't have a clue about anything to do with life because they've barely lived.

but please, just hear me out.
myself and my partner Jess lost our accidental baby 2 months ago now....and things arent too great.
i believe we've proved ourself as a couple that we are so young (she is 18, nearly 19) and yet survived the early birth and death of our little girl Evie May.

we're not looking to replace her...but all we can think about is babies. i've been broody practically all of my life and so has she.

neither of us have had easy lives, Jess in particular has been through some things that.....absolutely nobody should have to endure. and im absolutely amazed that she has survived all of them....just.

when Jess was pregnant, both of our lives started to pick up and we had a new meaning, a new reason to be happy and enjoy life.
that was sadly taken away from us and has left a....pure ache in our hearts.

despite Jess being older, more mature and officially an adult, we decided on myself being the one who would try to conceive. this is due to the problems we had with Evie May....we don't want to risk it again and im honestly not sure if Jess could survive losing a third baby.

a mum at 17? most probably not the dream life i had planned when i was a wee lass - though i did want kids young - ...but it may just help to close up the wounds the loss of our little girl left behind. and it may just keep us both going. which is what im hoping for.

thankyou for reading,
i do fully understand if you don't agree with this..but everyone's entitled to their own opinion :)
so please don't patronize me. i may be young in years, but ive been through a lot and have become sadly wiser than i should do.

thankyou again :)
Lora x

Nope, my little bundle wasn't planned at all.
I think it's reckless for people my age and a little older to try to have a baby.
I think if you're in a committed relationship, and both people are willing to help with raising and paying for the child and it's needs, then go for it. And have fun ;)

thought i'd join this ^-^
im Lora and im waiting to start trying to conceive for a little while.
im 16 and 11 months...and i know there is a huge amount of stigma and stereotypes attached to "the average 16 year old" who doesn't have a clue about anything to do with life because they've barely lived.

but please, just hear me out.
myself and my partner Jess lost our accidental baby 2 months ago now....and things arent too great.
i believe we've proved ourself as a couple that we are so young (she is 18, nearly 19) and yet survived the early birth and death of our little girl Evie May.

we're not looking to replace her...but all we can think about is babies. i've been broody practically all of my life and so has she.

neither of us have had easy lives, Jess in particular has been through some things that.....absolutely nobody should have to endure. and im absolutely amazed that she has survived all of them....just.

when Jess was pregnant, both of our lives started to pick up and we had a new meaning, a new reason to be happy and enjoy life.
that was sadly taken away from us and has left a....pure ache in our hearts.

despite Jess being older, more mature and officially an adult, we decided on myself being the one who would try to conceive. this is due to the problems we had with Evie May....we don't want to risk it again and im honestly not sure if Jess could survive losing a third baby.

a mum at 17? most probably not the dream life i had planned when i was a wee lass - though i did want kids young - ...but it may just help to close up the wounds the loss of our little girl left behind. and it may just keep us both going. which is what im hoping for.

thankyou for reading,
i do fully understand if you don't agree with this..but everyone's entitled to their own opinion :)
so please don't patronize me. i may be young in years, but ive been through a lot and have become sadly wiser than i should do.

thankyou again :)
Lora x

I am just a little confused. First of all I am very sorry for your loss. What I don't understand is that you are both female and yet somehow had an accidental pregnancy? What I also don't understand is how you are going to ttc? I understand how babies are made (obviously lol) I just dont really get who you are going to ttc with since you are both female?

I dont think its a good idea but its your life to choose your own path. I'm sure you will learn a lot from your own experiences as I have learned from mine. I wish you luck and hope everything works out for you both with whatever you decide. Sorry if my curiosity has offended you in anyway. xx

Al the girls that are TRYINg at 16 ,17 etc can you support your self and your baby. Do you or your partner have jobs? Own home etc?
xx

I don't think being married should even come into it. Phil and I have been engaged for almost 3 years and we couldn't afford to get married AND have Evelyn. We were always going to have children first because that's our priority. We're in a loving comitted relationship, have a steady income so Evelyn has everything that she needs and to me, that's all that matters. Although i'm not a teen anymore, I have lots of friends who are/were teen mothers and do a fantastic job so as long as the baby has a stable home to be born into, I don't at all see a problem with TTC at a young age.

i too don't understand, how two girls in a relationship end up having an accidental pregnancy?
theres kinda something vital missing if it was a commited relationship? ;)

not that i am having a go. i was engaged to a woman, and close to trying for a baby when i was a teen. i'm glad now that i saw sense.

I think I remember their post actually. Both girls at the time had boyfriends but were in love. The one carrying the baby was impregnanted by her ex. Not sure what happened to the lads but they got together so it would be two mummies and a daddy :)
As for two girls ttc there is AI, Sperm Donors etc.

I think I remember their post actually. Both girls at the time had boyfriends but were in love. The one carrying the baby was impregnanted by her ex. Not sure what happened to the lads but they got together so it would be two mummies and a daddy :)
As for two girls ttc there is AI, Sperm Donors etc.

I understand how you could get pregnant without a man involved but I didn't understand how a 16-17 year old could get access to that treatment ikywim. Thanks for clearing that one up..

Anyways how'd the sweep go?

Yeah for me the issue isn't two girls trying to concieve, cause in today's society it happens. I'm more intrigued as to where financial support, housing etc comes from :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back