Planned Teen Pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for me the issue isn't two girls trying to concieve, cause in today's society it happens. I'm more intrigued as to where financial support, housing etc comes from :) xx

I could take a guess where it WONT come from and where it will end up coming from. :dohh:

Molly was a surprise and I honestly still have no idea when/how I managed to get pregnant through all the birth control, but obviously it happened. I love her very much already and would never regret her, but I also don't think I would have done this on purpose, kwim? I'm going to be 20 in October and I've been with my OH for three years, but...I think I would have rather been more financially stable! That being said, finances everywhere are pretty messed up atm, and I don't think a lot of people who are trying are superbly well off. Not that there's anything wrong with that ! But I did have a miscarriage last year, and honestly, it scared the HELL out of me. I wasn't ready and I was horrified that I had done something so irresponsible, accident or not. But I think being ready doesn't have a lot to do with age, since my aunt had her kids at 30 and she's...not a good parent. I will be a good mother and I know that, because I am willing to give up everything and do anything for her. But, I don't think a lot of younger people/people my age can really fathom what it is really like. My mom had my sister and I 18 months apart at 18 and 19. She struggled for our entire childhoods, but she did it. And she couldn't mean more to me. wow rant lol

Yeah for me the issue isn't two girls trying to concieve, cause in today's society it happens. I'm more intrigued as to where financial support, housing etc comes from :) xx

I could take a guess where it WONT come from and where it will end up coming from. :dohh:

Yeah but I don't want to make assumptions. I'm just intrigued thats all. I don't care what age anybody having children are( young or older) as long as they're not sponging of the gorvernment to raise it. xx

Although Aidan wasn't planned. I still 'spounged' off the goverment while I was studying payed off though as I am off benifits in september and in Uni.

I don't agree with girls TTC if they know they have no from of income i.e working
xx

I think it's a bit harsh to automatically assume that a 16 and almost 19 year old do not have any form of income and are benefit scroungers :/

Although Aidan wasn't planned. I still 'spounged' off the goverment while I was studying payed off though as I am off benifits in september and in Uni.

I don't agree with girls TTC if they know they have no from of income i.e working
xx

Didn't mean to offend at all. Benefits are there for people that need them like you hun! And I really respect the fact that you are working hard in order to not be on benefits in the long run. Its quite a bit different to plan a pregnancy knowing you have no income than it is to have an accidental one and then work to better yourself.

I think it's a bit harsh to automatically assume that a 16 and almost 19 year old do not have any form of income and are benefit scroungers :/

You say harsh I say realistic. Unless you live in a completely different world than I do where teenagers make great income and can all support themselves financially without their parents? This is not the case in the US at all.

I do not agree with getting pregnant on purpose knowing full well you will need benefits to support yourself and your child. No matter what age you are that is just WRONG. Accidental pregnancy happens and being on benefits while working to better yourself and your situation is completely different.

There are plenty of girls on here who work and can support their children. Don't make gross generalisations just because some people you know. It's just another shitty view on teen parents that is not needed.
No where did it say these two girls never worked and sat on their arse's all day. For all you know they could work 9-5, have an income each and just top up on benefits like WTC/Income Support etc. which many in the UK do.

No need to be harsh and judge without knowing them.

There are plenty of girls on here who work and can support their children. Don't make gross generalisations just because some people you know. It's just another shitty view on teen parents that is not needed.
No where did it say these two girls never worked and sat on their arse's all day. For all you know they could work 9-5, have an income each and just top up on benefits like WTC/Income Support etc. which many in the UK do.

No need to be harsh and judge without knowing them.

So you are telling me you think I am making a "gross generalisation" by thinking that a 16 year old girl who hasn't even finished high school yet doesn't have a 9-5 job?

Come on, really?

There is also the fact that she is with an 18/19 year old who could very well have a job, and could have left school and been employed at 16, almost 17. I've seen it done plenty of times.

Yes it is a gross generalisation - teens mothers cannot support theirselves is what I am seeing.

You are no one to judge these girls like that nor just assume they do this or that. It's not your place - you don't know them. Give them the benefit of the doubt and stop being so judgemental.

this thread has gone south!!
you both hold opinions, and i doubt either will accept each others view... so maybe best to just leave it?
xx

It just get's on my nerves when someone decides two teens cannot have any money and get all the government support they want and don't work basically.
As if there isn't enough stuff we have to deal with :dohh:

yeah, but she isn't gona accept it, just like you won't...

lol... listen to me all mature!!

xx

i'm going to pull an ally here ... i learnt from the best :)

Attachments

• can o wormies.jpg
    can o wormies.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 3
I get very confused with all these Ally's and Olivia's .... my birth name is Olivia, but i've been called Ally for years .................. my brain is just frazzled .. although it's 1.45am here :lol: x

RIGHT...to clear this up....

ive been getting my ass into gear for the past few weeks trying to get a job....

i HAVE finished high school thankyou very much..ive just completed my first year of college and plan to go to Lincoln university next summer. yes...with a baby. people make it work.

my partner has a v.well paid job.

i will get a job between now and the birth..trust me. i have a few days lined up for over the summer, but they're only helping out for little money..and i wanted something more permanent.

thankyou rubixcyoob for sticking up for me. ♥ i appreciate it a lot :)

we have a male friend lined up ready to "do the deed" when the time is right who has agreed to our t+c's.

im not just some stupid immature 16 year old. ditto for my partner. :)
i knew i'd get a bit of abuse when i posted it though.

thankyou for those who understand.
but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so im not going to try and change the minds of those who are against it/undecided. ill let you make your own judgement on this rather confusing situation.

xx

completely O/T here but I went to Lincoln uni from last sep and it's a reaaally good uni and they're so supportive, they go out of their way to help you so you'll have no probs going there and having a baby. they were so helpful when i found out i was pregnant, i just chose to withdraw for other reasons as well not really much to do with bubs. just thought i'd give a good review :haha: xxx

ive been getting my ass into gear for the past few weeks trying to get a job....

i HAVE finished high school thankyou very much..ive just completed my first year of college and plan to go to Lincoln university next summer. yes...with a baby. people make it work.

i will get a job between now and the birth..trust me. i have a few days lined up for over the summer, but they're only helping out for little money..and i wanted something more permanent.

thankyou rubixcyoob for sticking up for me. i appreciate it a lot :)

we have a male friend lined up ready to "do the deed" when the time is right who has agreed to our t+c's.

but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so im not going to try and change the minds of those who are against it/undecided. ill let you make your own judgement on this rather confusing situation.

xx

You don't need to justify yourself hun, all the best :hugs: xxxx

thankyou rubixcyoob for sticking up for me. ♥ i appreciate it a lot :)

xx

wow thats amazing :)

tbh i'd be a bit sceptical at a relationship lasting too long at 16 but thats only because none of my relationships have never really worked out :blush: but then i know alot of people who fell in love at 14/15/16 and are still together 50 or 60 years later! and are very much still in love so i definately admire you. 1 for being so open about your relationship with your OH, i dont know many 16 year olds who would be that open, and 2 for thinking things through properly before you made this decision. go you !!!!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"