Please be my WTT buddie

Another good friend is pregnant on accident. Her husband has 1 freaking testicle. I feel so pathetic about myself. Happy for them, but sad for me. Story of my life on this TTC journey.

Another good friend is pregnant on accident. Her husband has 1 freaking testicle. I feel so pathetic about myself. Happy for them, but sad for me. Story of my life on this TTC journey.
Keep the faith!! Did it just happen immediately or did they try a while? Seeing pregnancies pop up everywhere is so tough but keep the faith.

Oh nevermind, I just realized you said by accident.

Keep the faith!! Did it just happen immediately or did they try a while? Seeing pregnancies pop up everywhere is so tough but keep the faith.

Oh nevermind, I just realized you said by accident.

The last time we grabbed dinner together (not so long ago) she said that it would be a couple years before they even thought about kids. That was the same thing my other good friend said too. Now both have babies on the way. I actually want one and I have nothing. I'm ready to get a puppy but my husband doesn't want another dog. Our dog would make such a good big sister and I just long to have a baby something in my life.

ETA- I don't really look very closely at ultrasounds because they all look like little blobs to me early on and I can't make heads of tails of them. But there are two. She's having twins.

Last edited:
The last time we grabbed dinner together (not so long ago) she said that it would be a couple years before they even thought about kids. That was the same thing my other good friend said too. Now both have babies on the way. I actually want one and I have nothing. I'm ready to get a puppy but my husband doesn't want another dog. Our dog would make such a good big sister and I just long to have a baby something in my life.

I have this strange feeling a friend of mine is doing the same thing. We used to talk about babies and wanting them all the time, she said they would wait another year before trying but lately when I bring up babies or TTC she always tries to change the conversation. When I asked her about birth control she said she came off of because she wants to lose 10lbs. I mean I guess that makes sense but it seems off considering we have been talking about it for years now. Just really awkward and avoiding baby talk. We have 2 dogs, but I have been hounding my hubby for a newfoundland, it's 2.5k and 150lbs and he is not on board, 2 is enough I guess. I do hope your get your bfp soon, the yearning is insane, like a aching inside of your heart! I hope your Dr's appt brings some renewed hope, how long have you been TTC? Have you bought anything for baby yet?

I have this strange feeling a friend of mine is doing the same thing. We used to talk about babies and wanting them all the time, she said they would wait another year before trying but lately when I bring up babies or TTC she always tries to change the conversation. When I asked her about birth control she said she came off of because she wants to lose 10lbs. I mean I guess that makes sense but it seems off considering we have been talking about it for years now. Just really awkward and avoiding baby talk. We have 2 dogs, but I have been hounding my hubby for a newfoundland, it's 2.5k and 150lbs and he is not on board, 2 is enough I guess. I do hope your get your bfp soon, the yearning is insane, like a aching inside of your heart! I hope your Dr's appt brings some renewed hope, how long have you been TTC? Have you bought anything for baby yet?

Oh I don't think she was being deceptive or anything, we're very open about our plans. I edited my response below but she's having twins. Unbelievable lol

Maybe you can wear your hubby down on a third! My husband didn't want a first but entertained visiting all of the shelters with me, and we both fell in love at first sight when we met our fur baby. She's the best thing that's ever happened to us.

Thanks for the kind wishes. This is just our 5th cycle. I know it's not long, but we've had well timed sex every single month. It blows my mind that it's just not happening. If it's a semen quality issue then I want to rule that out now rather than trying for a whole year. I haven't bought much baby stuff because part of me wants to save that for when I'm actually pregnant, but my mom keeps buying things... I know I want an elephant themed nursery and she already bought a huge elephant pillow for baby to lay on and a bassinet. I told her to keep it all at her house until it's time.

Wow twins from 1 testicle and it was by accident. That was meant to be!!!

I brought my dog from New Zealand with me to America, that cost a small fortune. Our second dog is a dog my husband adopted from a shelter, he had just purchased a house and we were still long distance and he wanted companionship, so our German shepard mix moved in. He was a mess! Anxious and extremely frail, came home at 40lbs and is now a healthy 60lb boy who is much more trusting and less destructive. It's crazy how intune he is with my emotions though, when I am upset or sad he always comes for a cuddle.

I keep seeing baby things but my I'm being too superstitious about buying things before I'm pregnant. I've wanted a elephant nursery for ages!! My husband and I have this matching set of two elephants and we want to add little elephants in the future to represent the babies. Elephants represent so much for me, South Africa is where I was born and raised, up until 16 when we moved. Elephants are in South Africas coat of arms to represent wisdom, strength, eternity and longevity. I don't want to ever lose that and somehow want to teach my children my native language, but hubby doesn't know it Haha. It's a huge part of my nationality and me. And just what elephants represent I resonate with so much. Everytime I see little elephant teddy I just wanna buy it.

Two omg that's crazy about the implant. I hope you find someone to remove it.

When it gets closer to time to ttc you could start a fertility friend account. A basic/free account is fine. They have lots of information about tracking (cervical mucous, temping, etc.). Another good option is reading the book "taking charge of your fertility".

Also, as far as hpts. I kept a 2 pack of frer but didn't tend to use them unless I got a squinter or more on IC. Now once I get a bfp I blow my money of frer for progression.

Lady I hope the trifecta works and you get a bfp!!

No problem just thought I'd share. My Vit D was low even with the 1000 IU in my prenatal. I still take an extra Vit D, but I get my levels rechecked on the 19th.

There is definitely a possibilty of bfp on a frer at 10 or 11dpo. I'd say it's worth taking a frer that morning before you go. I called and set up a fertility appt the cycle I conceived. My appt was 2.5 months later as we didn't want depressing news over the holidays. Cancelling that appt felt amazing :)

Sorry miracle conception happened. It can certainly be disheartening when you are doing everything you can to conceive and others conceive without trying or avoiding. My husband's cousin got preggo 6 months into us ttc #1. She sent him an announcement text. I felt really hurt/jealous. Sadly she miscarried 2 or 3 weeks later. I felt so bad about that. She conceived again 14 months later. Her boy turned 1 last month so she got her rainbow.

I also wanted to add that I wouldn't buy baby things until I was pregnant and at least past 1st tri. I felt like if I bought them I'd never get my baby. It's not logical but I couldn't help it.

Two omg that's crazy about the implant. I hope you find someone to remove it.

When it gets closer to time to ttc you could start a fertility friend account. A basic/free account is fine. They have lots of information about tracking (cervical mucous, temping, etc.). Another good option is reading the book "taking charge of your fertility".

Also, as far as hpts. I kept a 2 pack of frer but didn't tend to use them unless I got a squinter or more on IC. Now once I get a bfp I blow my money of frer for progression.

Lady I hope the trifecta works and you get a bfp!!

No problem just thought I'd share. My Vit D was low even with the 1000 IU in my prenatal. I still take an extra Vit D, but I get my levels rechecked on the 19th.

There is definitely a possibilty of bfp on a frer at 10 or 11dpo. I'd say it's worth taking a frer that morning before you go. I called and set up a fertility appt the cycle I conceived. My appt was 2.5 months later as we didn't want depressing news over the holidays. Cancelling that appt felt amazing :)

Sorry miracle conception happened. It can certainly be disheartening when you are doing everything you can to conceive and others conceive without trying or avoiding. My husband's cousin got preggo 6 months into us ttc #1. She sent him an announcement text. I felt really hurt/jealous. Sadly she miscarried 2 or 3 weeks later. I felt so bad about that. She conceived again 14 months later. Her boy turned 1 last month so she got her rainbow.

I also wanted to add that I wouldn't buy baby things until I was pregnant and at least past 1st tri. I felt like if I bought them I'd never get my baby. It's not logical but I couldn't help it.

Yes!! That's what my mum says, it's bad luck to buy baby things before you're pregnant else you'll never get your baby. It's weird but that's keeping me from buying. I will look for that book and download the app, thankyou!

My mom says the opposite. She’s bought so much for my baby already (shopping for my SIL and best friend got her going and she can’t stop) and calls it preparing for our blessing. She’s super religious so I get it - having such strong faith that it will happen.

I bought some vitamin D3 to supplement my prenatal and I started OPKs today thinking I wouldn’t see much but it actually looks pretty positive. It’s SO early though! I wonder if it’s just a fluke surge or if I’m really gearing up to ovulate! It’s a good thing we’ve been busy in the bedroom just in case!

2E7D10C8-B936-4756-9F9B-CA3B7BAF0583.jpeg

Previous cycle

373DF866-1917-451F-9965-81C93DE20FF2.png

My mom says the opposite. She’s bought so much for my baby already (shopping for my SIL and best friend got her going and she can’t stop) and calls it preparing for our blessing. She’s super religious so I get it - having such strong faith that it will happen.

I bought some vitamin D3 to supplement my prenatal and I started OPKs today thinking I wouldn’t see much but it actually looks pretty positive. It’s SO early though! I wonder if it’s just a fluke surge or if I’m really gearing up to ovulate! It’s a good thing we’ve been busy in the bedroom just in case!

View attachment 1047601

Previous cycle

View attachment 1047602

both day 15 and day 16 looks positive to me but I am no longer sure how to read a positive opk, I read in a different thread that it's positive when both lines are equally dark but I personally thought it was positive when the test line was darker than the control line. Lots and lots of baby dust to you!!

What app is that?

both day 15 and day 16 looks positive to me but I am no longer sure how to read a positive opk, I read in a different thread that it's positive when both lines are equally dark but I personally thought it was positive when the test line was darker than the control line. Lots and lots of baby dust to you!!

What app is that?

Yes, those are from my last cycle. I posted them so you could see that my OPKs usually don't darken up until later in my cycle, so the positive I got yesterday (the first picture) on CD12 is suspicious! I had a nice little temp jump today too, so I don't know what to think. I'll have to keep testing. The app is Premom. Works better than keeping the actual OPKs on paper because they look so different once they dry out. Thanks!

ETA: Positive is equal lines, peak is when your test line is darker than the control.

My temps are still up... I'm wondering if I really ovulated so early. I'm going to keep testing but so far, all of my OPKs have been negative. Which they would be until about CD 15-17 anyways. I'm so confused!

Temp Jump CD 14 Nov.jpg

LadyV if your temp is still up tomorrow I'd say early O. With positive opk and temp rise I'm leaning towards an early for you O. I never had a positive opk and not O, but I know it's possible. I have had a temp rise without positive opk or fertilecm that turned out to be a false temp rise. Stress can cause a temp rise.

Good timing though if you did O early :)

LadyV if your temp is still up tomorrow I'd say early O. With positive opk and temp rise I'm leaning towards an early for you O. I never had a positive opk and not O, but I know it's possible. I have had a temp rise without positive opk or fertilecm that turned out to be a false temp rise. Stress can cause a temp rise.

Good timing though if you did O early :)

To further add to the confusion, both my temp and heart rate are still up today, but I got another positive OPK last night. This morning I felt some right sided cramping. So I have no idea what to think. We DTD last night so that would also be good timing if I am ovulating right now. I just don't know what to think. None of my positives have been blazing yet so I'm wondering if that's to come or if this cycle is just going to be different.

So my right sided cramping lasted most of the morning yesterday and my OPK was negative last night. I'm hoping that I've finally ovulated (although early) but will keep testing through the next few days just in case. My temps are still up but the crosshairs FF gave me are off, but they did adjust them to CD13. We also DTD last night, so we kinda did a modified SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) this cycle. Fingers crossed for no more weirdness in these next few days.

Nov CD 16.JPG

OMG lady what a strange cycle. Going by temps I think you are 3 or 4dpo. You can always think of yourself as 1dpo so you know you aren't testing too early though. As far as O pains, they can happen before, during, or after O. In any case sorry it's not been the textbook cycle, but great timing either way:)

OMG lady what a strange cycle. Going by temps I think you are 3 or 4dpo. You can always think of yourself as 1dpo so you know you aren't testing too early though. As far as O pains, they can happen before, during, or after O. In any case sorry it's not been the textbook cycle, but great timing either way:)

Strange, indeed. The temps would lead you to believe that O happened on CD12 but then why would I get another positive 2 days later? I'm thinking that maybe I geared up to ovulate but that it didn't happen, and then I really did ovulate yesterday. I just did an OPK and it's negative. I'll keep testing though and try to DTD tomorrow to make sure our bases are covered. It's so frustrating not knowing what's going on, but I guess I'll tentatively consider myself 1DPO.

Lady :rofl: omg another positive?! How was your temp this morning??

LadyV - been following. This cycle sure is throwing you a curve ball. Also curious what your temp was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->