Thank You to Missy on Vampirefreaks for sending me this: I have always known never to let my kids in the ball pits, but I have seen some of you take your kids in. Please reconsider. One of my sons lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find his watch. Instead we found vomit, food, faeces and other stuff I do not want to discuss. I went to the manager and raised hell. Came to find out that the ball pits are only cleaned once a month. I have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play in another ball pit again!! Some of you may not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews, grandchildren or friends with children. Hi my name is Lauren Archer. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son Kevin to play at McDonalds for his 3rd birthday. After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the back of his pull up and simply said “Mummy it hurts”. I couldn’t find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under the welt. I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled to the back of his head. From there, we went to the emergency room. He died later that night. It turned out the welt on his buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside. The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from an overdose of Heroine. The next week, the police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten food, several hypodermic needles; some full, some used, knives, half-eaten lollies, nappies, faeces and the stench of urine. (You can find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10, 1999 issue of the Midland Chronicle) Don’t think its just McDonalds either. A little boy had been playing in the ball pit at a Hungry Jacks and started complaining of his legs hurting. He later died to. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs and buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit, they found that there was a copperhead’s nest in the ball pit!!! He has suffered numerous bites from a very poisonous snake. These things are beyond unsanitary and deathly. PLEASE dont take your kids in the ball pits.