Plus size pregnancy ladies

Lets hope something works. Need some sleep. This tossing and turning is so hard.
Ah yes. Our furbutts are going to say "oh no mom, what have you brought home this time! I have 9, 2 jack russels and 2 hens! Gosh its going to be seriously entertaining. Really love the name Margot. How bloomin cute!

I hope you got a heating pad or two!

I imagine at least some of the kitties will be somewhat disgusted by the new arrival. Their nice lounging room has already been ruined. It’s a tough life. :haha:

Congratulations on the girls!

We have our scan in 2 weeks .. I have a feeling I have a boy on board!

Yes to pillows! I have a maternity pillow and a big comfy pillow surrounding me, there's not much room for my husband in the bed anymore! :haha:
I might try the heat pads. I really suffered with my pelvis and back in my first pregnancy and I'm a bit scared of what's to come!

Oh gosh me too! Wondering what the rest pf pregnancy will bring with pain. Bought a nice big wheat heat bag today. Cant wait to try it out!

Hi ladies!
Can I join in here with you? Not as far along, but 3rd plus size pregnancy. This time I am starting out at 220 at 5'8.
Haven't had a appointment yet, just found out last week (classic case of suprise denial) as I didn't test until 2nd missed period (had implant bleeding I took for a off cycle).
Going in for urine test next week, then will make appointment for first official visit.
My OB gonna be grouchy (hes really a great guy) but he likes to see people at 6-7 weeks, and I am going to be closer to 11 by the time I get in. Oh well.

Hi Paintrider89. Congrats mama! Lol i had a giggle at ur denial line.

Congratulations, paintrider89! How are you feeling? First tri can be tough! The first time I visited my midwife in my first pregnancy, I was 22 weeks! Whoops! :haha:

LunaRose..lol! Did u know you were pg? Or just have a denial moment?

JJordaan- thank you. I wasn't sure how else to put it. Because when I had only 1 day of spotting, I really should have tested then. But no, I was SURE it was just a off month.

LunaRose- I am feeling okay in general. Been hit with the morning sickness pretty good, and my morning toilet prayer worried poor DD the first few days she saw it.
My boobs are probably the worst of it. Bigger, heavy, sore. I don't remember them being this sensitive and sore so quick the last two times I have done this.

Oh goodness i know all about the heavy sore boobs. Goodness me. Hubby knows..AVOID AT ALL COSTS lol! Well at least we know it's all signs of a happy body and growing baby.

JJordaan - I found out I was pregnant at 18 weeks. By the time my 'emergency' dating scan came through I was 21 weeks! I rarely had periods at the time, so skipping a few didn't mean much to me and I had no other symptoms! I have had boobs like boulders from day one in this pregnancy and so exhausted all the time. It shows how different two pregnancies can be!

Paintrider89 - Aww, she probably thinks you're poorly! Fingers crossed your sickness dies down soon!

LunaRose- What makes you think you are having a boy? Just a feeling or is it a symptom thing?
I keep thinking this one with be boy as well, because just like with DS, I am a days worth of plucking away from having a beard. DD pregnancy didn't give me these thick black chin hairs. And right out the gate no less.

JJordan- the symptoms are reassuring. But I wish the boobs could wait a little longer before getting so sore. I know I milk like a cow, but I have 7 months, we don't need the extra all at once. Lol.

It's just a feeling I can't shake! I had the same feeling with my son. I'm really into salty foods at the moment too. They say that's a sign, right?

Oh goodness paintrider,spot on about boobies. Mine are already producing colostrum. So really hopeful ill be able to feed bub for at least 6 months with a good supply.

Luna, i have been craving salty up to now and we are having a girl. Lol.. Just putting it out there. Maybe we just weirdos LoL

Ladies,
I am having a bad day. I can't get healthcare coverage, likely until January, if we can afford it then. I am so ready to cry.

Ahh Paintrider im sorry you having a bad day hun! I had one yesterday with my gynae being off with me because we have chosen not to do downs testing. If its any support, here you either pay big monthly fees for private medical care or be subjected to extremely poor government services. I was not on medical when we found out about our miracle ..So we are paying privately for this pregnancy. Its not coming cheap and every month it gets more expensive. Im feeling super stressed too! Big hugs your way!!

I am in the US. And there really isn't any government options in my area. It's looking like cash payments, or no medical care.

Good on you for standing your ground with your ob. I have heard so often about women feeling bullied into tests that just give them more anxiety.

Ahh Paintrider im sorry you having a bad day hun! I had one yesterday with my gynae being off with me because we have chosen not to do downs testing. If its any support, here you either pay big monthly fees for private medical care or be subjected to extremely poor government services. I was not on medical when we found out about our miracle ..So we are paying privately for this pregnancy. Its not coming cheap and every month it gets more expensive. Im feeling super stressed too! Big hugs your way!!

Not sure if you only turned down the test because of cost, but here is my experience so far in Texas.

I saw an explanation of benefits from my insurance company from where they turned down the genetic testing bill. The bill for testing on the baby was for about $2500 and the other for testing me was about $7000. So far, the genetic testing company sent me a bill showing over $3000 in charges but only asked me to pay $49, the other charges showed as write-offs. I am not sure if another (hopefully only $49) bill for the balance will be forthcoming.

I am starting to feel stressed too, about stuff like I know nothing about taking care of babies! There are all of these classes I can take at the hospital, I'm not sure how many of them are really important. :shrug:

Hows everyone feeling? Been quiet on her the last few days.

I have a question. When did everyone start being able to feel their uterus? I was feeling for mine tonight out of boredom, and cant seem to find it through all the belly fat. Or maybe I am just not far enough along yet?
So frustrating when I cant remember these details with my first 2 pregnancy is. Feel like a first timer all over. :dohh:

Not sure if you only turned down the test because of cost, but here is my experience so far in Texas.

I saw an explanation of benefits from my insurance company from where they turned down the genetic testing bill. The bill for testing on the baby was for about $2500 and the other for testing me was about $7000. So far, the genetic testing company sent me a bill showing over $3000 in charges but only asked me to pay $49, the other charges showed as write-offs. I am not sure if another (hopefully only $49) bill for the balance will be forthcoming.

I am starting to feel stressed too, about stuff like I know nothing about taking care of babies! There are all of these classes I can take at the hospital, I'm not sure how many of them are really important. :shrug:

We decided against the testing for personal reasons. Just decided we dont want to do it.

Im sure if we take it all day by day we will be fine. Im just focusing on growing a healthy bub and will take it as it comes when she is born. :baby:

Maybe some classes will help you feel more confident and in control? We havent really chatted about it yet. Dont think ill go to any. Feel i have been ready for this the last 12 years we have been trying for our miracle. :blush:

Hows everyone feeling? Been quiet on her the last few days.

I have a question. When did everyone start being able to feel their uterus? I was feeling for mine tonight out of boredom, and cant seem to find it through all the belly fat. Or maybe I am just not far enough along yet?
So frustrating when I cant remember these details with my first 2 pregnancy is. Feel like a first timer all over. :dohh:

Hi Paintrider. Iv been so hungry. Im the hungry hippo! Oh my soul lol! This sausage must be growing speedily! Iv been told no two pregnancies are the same and some mamas feel like they have never done it before whilst on their second or third etc :haha: That said u should start super soon as its your 3rd.

Um i felt my uterus swelling about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Im just over 17 weeks now. So not long to go! Gosh im at that stage i cant pull my belly in anymore... Serious bump in progress amidst my podgy bits!

Cravings anybody? Im on dill gherkins. Ate a whole jar whilst watching tv the other night. Oops..lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"