Plus-Size Pregnancy

Keslinger, that would be so scary, no wonder you were concerned about the baby! And yes, fresh blood sounds super scary, not only because it seems you're having a lot of it, but because in our heads we know we aren't supposed to be having periods or anything like it! I will be thinking of you... my best friend was on pelvic rest her entire pregnancy because she was high risk, kind of the same thing.

So, once again no obvious reason for the bleed. And, the dr was concerned about the amount of blood that had come out. They said my cervix looks fine, and it's nice and closed, the neck of my cervix is nice and long, etc etc. This picture does no justice to what I saw today,.. The baby actually looked like a baby on screen. Again super duper active so the picture is a blur. It has 2 arms with hands, and 2 legs with feet (i think tiny fingers too, I don't remember)... LOL the reason I don't remember is... SHE LET ME HEAR THE HEARTBEAT!!! So exciting. She said "pretty convincing, huh?" and then said "I don't think anything is bugging that kid!" My next scan will be on 12/2 for the NT, she told me to talk to them about the bleeding, they have more sophisticated machines and may be able to find a clot or something that is releasing the blood. I'm still on pelvic rest until week 14, but everything looks really good. =)

I'll be monitored more closely for 2 reasons. I have white coat syndrome and my blood pressure sky-rockets when they call my name. The good thing about it is that I'll have more checkups reassuring that the baby is fine. Second good thing about it is that I proved that it goes down after taking a few long, deep, slow breaths. The 2nd reason being the bleeding... They'll be making sure everything is progressing well with Bean. I scanned a super good picture of it and added stuff to it, and then realized that the internet wasn't working on our regular PC. Oh well, lap top it is!

And... for the drum roll! Here's our bean!

10w6d nov17.jpg

Oh, and we had our early pregnancy class tonight. It wasn't too bad. Met some funny people. The lady instructing it was kinda annoying but hey, you win some you lose some. I really don't think they should keep pregnant women up that late. I get tired early, man! At one point they split us into groups, moms and dads, and we got to talk with people... my group was of 4, and the dads on our side was a group of like 6 or 7, we were split into smaller groups so we could be more personal. It was kinda cool hearing about eachothers pregnancies and what not in person. I was the only one in my group with no vomiting (I've had a tiny bit of nausea the last couple days with smells)... and, of course, the only one with the scary bleeding!

Happy growing!!!

I had this type of bleeding my last pregnancy. I was just standing there and blood gushed out and kept pulsing out like an artery. It filled up a super pad from tip to tip and spewed over within seconds! Went to er and found out was
pregnant. This happened to me twice throughout pregnancy. I had clots the size of half my hand. Dr. Said it was my placenta connecting to uterus. I had my munchy on nov 3 2010. 8lbs. 12 oz.

Hang in there :hugs:

My body is changing so much. I've already bought new bras, which fit great and have some stretch for some more growth (thanks LaneBryant t-shirt bras! - and OH for the funding lol). The other thing is, I have that dreaded "B" belly. The bottom part is getting more pronounced, and the top part is getting smaller. You can't see my whole belly button but you can totally see where it is, and on that upper part on the sides, that "roll" is smoothing out. Maybe, just MAYBE, I'll get a decent belly out of this. If not, no bigs, but I'd love it. LOL.

As far as this pelvic rest thing goes... lol I had no spotting since the other day/night... until I had a sex dream last night. Woke up with a little bit this morning. This kind of spotting doesn't send me in a frantic frenzy emailing my doctor, lol. It's good to know that nothing is bothering my little one in there. Moving around like crazy. =)

Hey ladies! Am I ok to join you lot?
Found out I'm expecting again today, making me a very early 3+6, so very far from a 'safe zone'. This will be my second child, my first little girl is now 20 months old and I had an incredibly easy pregnancy with her. PCOS meant it took 13 months to conceive her, this time around I didn't need any medication and fell pregnant within 6 months!! Ecstatic doesn't even capture how happy I am about that

Just like with my first, I'm a size 18 / 20 (107 kilos last time I checked). Really hoping this pregnancy will go just as well as the first. For now, I'll focus on staying pregnant =)

Hey just wondering if i can join
Im Kelly we have been trying for our 1st baby for 6 years and this will be my 3rd pregnancy
I have had 2MC one at 11+5 and another at 6+0 so we are hoping this is 3rd time lucky for us
Im 30 and size 26-28 not ideal but im hoping all will be well for this pregnancy x

Hey ladies!

just found this thread, hope you dont mind if i join :) I'm 5 w 5d preg and super excited! also a size 18 and weigh around 100kg :)

I can't get the lub-dub of beans heartbeat out of my head. <3 I'm in love.

oh KEslinger, that's so good to hear
i was really thinking about you
its so good to know you're doing well and the baby is fine
isn't the heartbeat just the greatest :D

Hey just wondering if i can join
Im Kelly we have been trying for our 1st baby for 6 years and this will be my 3rd pregnancy
I have had 2MC one at 11+5 and another at 6+0 so we are hoping this is 3rd time lucky for us
Im 30 and size 26-28 not ideal but im hoping all will be well for this pregnancy x

Hi Kelly,

Congrats!

I'm praying that everything works out for the best and you will have a very healthy and happy 9 months!!!

haven't got to hear the heartbeat yet, so super jealous! bubs must have been far back when they tried a couple weeks ago. i did order a doppler online so super excited to hear it at home :)

hi lady's just wanted to let the uk ladys know iv been and got my 1st maternity jeans and right now they have a sale in peacocks 30% off all maternity stuff they only went up to a size 20 today but they might go bigger :)

this a pic of my + size bump i wish it was smaller but iv not put any weight on so must be coming off the rest of me and going on my tummy i had a flat ish tummy before i was pregnant .... baby number 4 :)

Attachments

• DSC01209.jpg
    DSC01209.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 12
haven't got to hear the heartbeat yet, so super jealous! bubs must have been far back when they tried a couple weeks ago. i did order a doppler online so super excited to hear it at home :)

Don't be disappointed or worried if you can't hear the heartbeat for a while with the doppler at home. I was looking into getting one but they recommend not using it more than a certain amount of days per week and some women couldn't hear anything until the late 20 weeks. It's very positional.

Oh, And, at the appointment, they didn't use the external doppler on me. It was through the vaginal probe, it has a doppler in it, so she just had to find the heartbeat and then let the sound go.

this a pic of my + size bump i wish it was smaller but iv not put any weight on so must be coming off the rest of me and going on my tummy i had a flat ish tummy before i was pregnant .... baby number 4 :)

Totally jealous of your gorgeous bump... they do say that people show a lot sooner with subsequent pregnancies. :) I have that B belly so it'll take a while for me to have a cute bump. I've lost weight, the lower part of my stomach is getting bigger while the rest seems to be slowly flattening out. Who knows, maybe I'll end up with a semi-cute tummy. I'll definitely be taking advantage of full-panel maternity pants as well as a baby band to help smooth everything out. ;)

...Who knows, maybe I'll end up with a semi-cute tummy. I'll definitely be taking advantage of full-panel maternity pants as well as a baby band to help smooth everything out. ;)

It really does work. With my first I had the worst B bump (I'm sure I'll do this time too as I'm pretty much the same weight), but over the bump maternity pants and a baby band worked wonders. Will add a picture of my 39 week bump to show you, you can hardly even notice the massive B I had.

It was daily wear for me, made me feel so much better about how I looked. I loved my bump and can't wait to get one back again this time around =)

Attachments

• EleanorBump.jpg
    EleanorBump.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 21
hi girlies. can i join this thread please. i have lost 30lb in last 6 months doing weightwatchers and now iv got my bfp/!!! still need to loose a lot of weight ( currently uk size 18-20) so im carrying on going to ww for a while. i eat so much better when im on it it isnt a "diet" because its so flexible so im going to carry on going until i cant hide bump anymore! xxx

Welcome LilMissHappy!
Well done on your weightloss, that's a brilliant amount to have lost. Congrats on your BFP as well =)

Staying on a healthy diet during pregnancy can't hurt, but please don't restrict yourself too much. I'm not sure how the WW diet works out in terms of calories and what not, but don't forget that when you're pregnant you burn an extra 300 calories a day and you don't want to end up depriving yourself or the baby. I *think* though that ww should be just fine as it's more of a change of diet / making you more aware rather than being restrictive.

I think you can stay on WW if you change use the breastfeeding method, it adds more calories to the plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->