Plus-Size Pregnancy

I have a regular XL sweatshirt from motherhood maternity and it fits awesome. I would say pretty true to size.

I have found that reading the customer reviews and ratings really really helps! They will tell you if it runs true to size or if the quality is poor. Very helpful. :)

:hi: ladies! Mind if I join? I'm a US size 16-18 and always been scared I won't have a proper bump later in pregnancy! Deff need support cause I think my family will think it's the end of the world that I'm overweight & now pregnant! :wacko:

I carry a good amount of weight in my tummy/bbs. This pic was last night, 3w5d.

3w5d.jpg

:hi: ladies! Mind if I join? I'm a US size 16-18 and always been scared I won't have a proper bump later in pregnancy! Deff need support cause I think my family will think it's the end of the world that I'm overweight & now pregnant! :wacko:

I carry a good amount of weight in my tummy/bbs. This pic was last night, 3w5d.

View attachment 316364

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will get a bump, don't even worry about it. My DH's cousin got a beautiful bump with her current pregnancy.

I would like to join. I am 6 weeks 5 days and have a lot of bloat, I am due 8/15/2011. I was a size 16/18 depending on the pants pre-pregnancy. I have oddly enough lost 3 lbs and am now 217 lbs. I have severe PCOS and only fell pregnant with the help of metformin. I do have a DD who is 3 1/2.With this LO I am on progesterone supplements and they are having me continue my metformin. I had a m/c in Nov ( also metformin pregnancy) due to low progesterone, so I'm hoping the progesterone supplements will keep this bean sticky. I will post a picture as soon as I can get one.

Wishing you all the best for all your little ones!

:hi: momofone! I have PCOS too, conceived on Clomid.. I am on Progesterone suppositories also. My progedterone levels arent high enough on their own and dont increase in pregnancy.. I have higher hopes this go around though!!

I've bought a few shirts from Target's maternity line, they seem pretty true to size. They only go up to an XXL though. Old Navy and Gap also have maternity, but again, only up to XL or XXL. I think it depends on where you carry most of your weight. If it's in your belly and boobs already, you'll probably fit fine into regular sized maternity clothes.

LThe only problem I have had relying on reviews stemmed from a jcpenney purchase... Everyone said the plus size common genes jeans ran very small. I wear a 24/26. I ordered the 3x (26/28) & they were HUGE! I just ordered the 2x (22/24) petite stretchy jeans from motherhood (im short) & a belly band. I dont really need the jeans yet but it wont be long. Some days my regular pants are so uncomfortable. I know I will be fine with the 2x maternity shirts from target, I just cant squeeze my ass into their size 18 jeanss. LoL I can return my pants in store if theres an issue, hopefully they will fit well

Keslinger...where they the skinny jean stretchy pants from Motherhood? I got a 2x and they are really big on me. Well in the thigh area and they fall down a bit. All the other tops I have bought have been just like the reviews said. Wish the stores carried a better plus selection. I wish JC Pennys had their plus sizes in stores period. So hard to order online. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Marisa

Marissa she put on her post they were from Motherhood maybe she has a different body type and hopefully they will fit? I hate buying online but we really don't have many options :(

the ones I had gotten from JCPenney I had to order online (they don't sell their plus size line in the stores). The brand I had gotten was called Common Jeans, they were bootcut. EVERY SINGLE RATING said they ran small so I figured I'd go with the 26/28. Most people had bought them in their first trimester and said that it wouldn't last them long because they were so snug.

the ones I just ordered and should be getting in a few days are 2x (22/24) from Motherhood. They're the plus size petite super stretch (or something like that) bootcut jeans. Most said they ran true to size but 1 or 2 said they were a little big. I got them in 2 different colors, and also a black belly band. If they don't fit I can return them to the store and get something else (that I'll probably have to have hemmed because they most likely won't carry the petite for my short self)... maybe they'll be able to order something to the store if it doesn't work. Haha.

I love that I can fit into the target/old navy tops... it's just the jeans I'm having a problem with. So, I figure it 26/28 is too big, and 18 is too small. the 22/24 might be the best bet. LOL.

I live in a VERY small town so most of my shopping will be on the Internet or if we happen to get over the mountain to a bigger city. I did get to a Motherhood Maternity and picked up a few jeans and a shirt and a friend gave me a few more shirts. I don't need them yet but my regular jeans are starting to get a little snug.

1st midwife appointment tomorrow!

I live in San Diego, not a small town, and it's still hard to find plus maternity clothes. Motherhood is about the only place and they have a small in store selection. I just ordered some tops from old navy. Keeping my fingers crossed they fit well.

I am sure you are super excited for your appt tomorrow. Make sure you update us on how it goes :)

Marisa

Old Navy's tops have been pretty great and usually run super big. I wear an XL everywhere else but their XL t-shirts or flowy-type shirts are generally too big in XL. Love the temporary confidence boost though buying a size smaller LOL.

Super concerned about my 1 hour Glucola test.
My fasting is always a little bit higher than it should be. This morning at home it was 107. I drank their crappy orange glucola and waited. I started feeling hot and nauseated. I took my blood sugar there with my glucometer at it read 197! (That was right before my 1 hour draw) WTF. I've been doing my own carb trials with food and it's never EVER been that high. Usually after 1 hour I'm at about 145 and after 2 hours at 120. Those strips expire(d) 12/11, not sure if that had anything to do with it or maybe there was something on my hand. But 30 minutes later (@ home with new test strips) my blood sugar was 127, 30 minutes after that 101. I e-mailed my doctor (to let her know ahead of time and not look like I'm trying to get out of it) as that's a big concern if my blood sugar dropped so flippin' quickly after that. I'm still monitoring it over here... I'm going to check it again in about 15 minutes. If those numbers are true than that means that I can control my blood sugar with what I eat and that I don't have gestational diabetes at this point - I don't watch it as closely as I should but I watch it closely enough to know that I've never been that high before. If I failed this test I will go on to have the 3 hour done. If I pass the 3 hour I'll be retested at 24-27 weeks with the 1 hour test (followed by the 3 hour if I fail it). I'll let you guys know when I get my official results (usually in about a day). =\

I love Old Navy! Will have to check out there maternity section once I start showing

I just ordered some tops from Old Navy last night and they already shipped today! Hoping they fit OK.

I had a drs appointment this morning. He did a quick u/s and I got to see my baby! SO amazing! The baby was moving it's arms and legs all over. I haven't had a scan since I was 8 weeks so to see a 'baby' on the screen was priceless. You never get tired of seeing your baby on an u/s. This is my fourth child and it still blows me away...the miracle of life! Totally on :cloud9: today. I have gained just a couple of pounds. For me that is really good. My last three pregnancies I typically gain 10-15 pounds the first tri. So I am really excited. Funny thing is I haven't really gained much and I can't wear any of my regular pants. I still can wear some of my tops but the are starting to get short. I feel like that I am at that awkward stage. Hope you are all feeling well!!

Marisa

KEslinger,

I hope that spike turns out to be a fluke or misread. Did you have diabetes prior to being pregnant?

I'm super nervous right now. I have my first u/s appointment tomorrow! I'm very excited to see my little baby, but I keep reading these awful stories about the baby never developing and the body not aborting it... I'm trying not to think that way, but I'm so scared. This is our miracle baby and I just want everything to be fine.

Hopefully this computer will work long enough for me to post.
I'm not sure why my body reacted that way... I ATE more carbs/sugars than that this after noon and 1 hour post meal was 131, 2 hours post meal was 120. I think the body responds differently to the glucola. I requested skipping the 3 hour test this time and then next time skipping the 1 hour and just doing the 3 hour test at 24-27 weeks. I'm waiting for my doctor to email me back. After I got home my blood sugar evened out and held steady at about 101-110 until I ate again which is perfect. I was diagnosed with prediabetes solely on my fasting numbers that are always slightly elevated (101-116) no matter what I ate or how long ago I had eaten. We'll see. I was worried about it but seeing what my body does with food that I normally eat is very reassuring. 25% of pregnant women don't pass the 1 hour test but go on to pass the 3 hour with flying colors. I don't have a working computer right now (desk top crashed, lap top is acting up again) so I may be able to post from my phone during my lunch or after work or from the work computer when no one is in the office. LOL. Pain in my butt. I'd much prefer to watch my glucose at home for now and let me doctor know if there are any changes and go from there. We'll see what she says.

Well, it sounds like you are very aware of what your body is doing! Even if you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you'll probably be able to control it with diet alone. My sister had gestational diabetes during her second pregnancy and she was able to control it completely with her diet. She had to test, just like you are, but she wasn't on any medication. As soon as she delivered, no more diabetes. She's fine now. Gestational diabetes is so weird!

I couldn't find this thread anywhere and then I finally figured out I could check the user cp. Ill catch up on all the pages I've missed but I just wanted to say hello!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->