Plus-Size Pregnancy

Marisa - yippeee!!!!!

Kendra - Is Jackson not showing his boy parts on the scans? Are you really worried?

Chloe - embrace the pregnancy and let the weight issues lay dormant until after birth. A happy and healthy pregnancy is possible no matter what size you are.

This was my scan picture of the potty parts and from what I can see he's a boy but when she went to write boy on the screen she still put a question mark. So I dunno. :baby:

Attachments

• weewee.jpg
    weewee.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Saucy! So excited :)

Kendra do you think they put a question mark because maybe it's their policy not to say 100%? Just a thought :)

She said she couldn't say for sure so I mean yeah, it definitely looks like a boy but I JUST had a friend who was told she was having a boy and you can clearly see a penis in the picture and then at her 32 week scan she was told, no, its a girl, and it came out a girl, and so I have NO idea what we were looking at in that picture but it wasn't a penis! I think its a combination of paranoia/needing to nest/hearing too many horror stories. Not that that would be horrific to have a girl now that I have been getting things ready for a boy but I am so OCD about everything it would really stress me out if I had to change everything.

We're still team yellow and it's difficult. Soooooooo much of baby things are polarized into boy/girl or else they are sickly green and yellow. We want bright colors for our LO, and they're so hard to find. I saw this adorable teal blue shirt/onsie combo with animal print but it had 'Daddy's little man' emblazoned across the front. They also sell bright reds and purples but add lace and bows and ribbons. :(

I know that finding out the sex won't change anything as we don't want gender specific clothes and toys anyhow, but it's hard explaining that to other people.

Hi ladies! So happy i found this thread, think i may have found a new home :)

im 11+6 and a size 24-26, I have heard that scans are quite difficult when us mums to be are larger and im a bit worried about mine, can anyone offer any advice?

:flower:

Hi everyone!!

Great news, we've been able to switch to a midwife practice here in Los Angeles. It's only 20 minutes from my work and about 5 from my father's house, so we're all excited. My OH was finally able to feel the ababy kick last night and he almost cried. We're both really starting to bond with the baby. It usually kicks very low but I'm starting to feel it higher up now, especially at night.

Has anyone else's belly button begun to shrink? I've always had a rather deep one and now I can actually see the bottom of it. It sort of weirds me out that it's disappearing.

I hope everyone has an amazing Valentine's day!

I had to reply to this one,... we're only a day apart! The SAME night your OH felt yours, mine felt ours. She wasn't kicking though, she was moving around so he felt he roll under his hand. She kicks really low and tends to sleep/roll up higher.

Then about the belly button, I had to laugh! Mine is the same way. LOL. I can't really see the bottom of it but you can see that it totally closes off now, it's not this deep belly button like before. So, now I'm always looking at it. Haha, I thought I was too big and had too deep of a belly button for it to pop out during my pregnancy but we'll see.

HI! I'm Ruby. I'm 27, married to my best friend and we are expecting baby #1 on July 20th. I'm scared out of my mind. Before becoming pregnant I was a US size 16 about 189. I'm mostly concerned I'll get diabetes and have a hard labor and a huge baby as that what I have read happens when you are over weight. :(

Hi all
Just got my bfp and so only 4 weeks. Due end of Oct. This is our second baby and I'm a uk 22-24. Was slightly smaller last time and scan pics weren't very clear. Anyone mycurrent size had clear pics?

HI! I'm Ruby. I'm 27, married to my best friend and we are expecting baby #1 on July 20th. I'm scared out of my mind. Before becoming pregnant I was a US size 16 about 189. I'm mostly concerned I'll get diabetes and have a hard labor and a huge baby as that what I have read happens when you are over weight. :(

I was about the same size with my daughter and had a rather uneventful pregnancy and a 7lbs 4 oz baby. I had a horrible doctor though that always told me I'd probably loose her. at a size 16 I'm fat but not super fat. I switched doctors after I had my daughter. Hoping to have a better experiance this time

Hi all
Just got my bfp and so only 4 weeks. Due end of Oct. This is our second baby and I'm a uk 22-24. Was slightly smaller last time and scan pics weren't very clear. Anyone mycurrent size had clear pics?

Read back through this stuff and look for the posted photos...

I'm a US size 22-24-26 depending on the brand (usually not a 26) and I've had pretty clear ultrasound photos. =)

Congrats on the BFP and Welcome!

Today I've been in a nesting kind of mood. (As opposed to the VERY lazy one I've been in lately)... I cleaned our dining room and kitchen top to bottom. Fridge, microwave, oven, counters, everything. Started getting caught up on the laundry -- I won't finish, our washer is SMALL. And got the living room almost all picked up/dusted/etc. Sad part? I was so caught up in cleaning that I just realized I hadn't eaten anything yet. Yikes. Just had a big bowl of multi-grain cheerios and baby started kicking like crazy (though, she's been moving around all day). Crazy, I wasn't even that hungry. I need to start having a snack before bed (that's what keeps my morning fastings good). It hasn't really been high, but not in the 80s-low 90s. Just something to keep an eye on. =) Won't have my next 3 hour OGTT for another 3 1/2 weeks. OMG. 3 & 1/2 weeks and I'll be 27 weeks?!?! Crazy.

We finally found a few cribs suitable for short people. I won't be getting the one I had REALLY wanted which is fine. That was just kind of a luxury. But, we found one at BuyBuyBaby (Bonavita "Peyton") and then talked to someone at Babies R Us about low profile cribs there... Seems like Babi Italia have at least one side that is shorter (Low profile is 36" or less) - those, that I know of, Palisades, Island Crib, and Hamilton(? - I think that's what it was called). So, for any of you shorter moms who are looking for a crib that's easier to bend into, check those out and see if they'll work for you. On the higher end, the Safety-Gate Cribs are a great option. I won't get a crib that I can't see in person. Baby Pottery Barn has a low-profile crib that you can only buy online... and I've heard a lot of people like the ones from Ikea. I'm not an Ikea lover, unfortunately.

I can't wait to see what our baby will look like. I had done one of those morphthing pictures a while back, it would never give me a baby girl, always a boy, but it made a young girl for me...

girl.jpg

This was a crazy mix of both OH and I. Everyone thinks she's going to look like me - for whatever reason... (because she's a girl, perhaps? lol) I had asked OH who he thought she look like, he said hopefully me, she'd be beautiful. LoL totally corny, but was super cute at the moment. I'll have to try and make a new girl here... lol

Alright ladies, it's bump time once again.
I was going to post at 22w6d but time got away from me. So, today @ 23w4d I took some more photos. I don't see much difference at all, and, once again, thanks to my lovely maternity pants I don't have a problem taking photos and posting them. Sadly, without that full panel over them I don't look pregnant at all. I wore the pants over my MILs house and she was all "wow! you totally look pregnant now" (She hadn't seen me in a little while)... it's true, love the pants. But, in normal pants, I still have a ginormous B belly and unless you know me and know how my stomach was before, you would never even notice that the top is starting to come out urther than before.

23w4d:

23w4d front.jpg

23w4d left1.jpg

23w4d left2.jpg

23w4d right.jpg

And, for comparison, my belly at 17W6d:

17w6d.jpg

I was actually surprised that I passed my GTT one hour. I eat ok but not great by any means and always been overweight. So just because you're overweight doesn't mean you will end up with GD or anything like that.

Hi ladies, I think im going to have trouble when it comes to maternity trousers, Im a UK 22 but i am tall, I find it hard enough to find trousers long enough in bigger sizes as it is, maternity clothing looks even less promising, anyone had this problem and solved it? X

I have had the opposite issue. Most of the maternity pants I get are WAY too long!

Hi Ladies, I haven't checked in here in a bit. I thought I would post my 18 week bump photo, since I finally have popped and look preggo instead of just massively fat. I still have a bit of the B belly but not as much.

https://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/alidpayne/18weekbump.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"