Plus-Size Pregnancy

Hi congrats on your upcoming wedding. I have to admit I got a bump by 14 weeks with my first. Was uk 18 at start of pregnancy. However my cousin was same
Size and she put weight on all over rather than a bump. I think an inch is not a lot of growing room but I'm not a dress maker. Have you put any weight onto your waist yet?

Thanks for your response!

I realise that this will probably be too much info but the size of my waist very much depends on the state of my constipation:blush:

For a while my jeans were too tight but they seemed to have eased off slightly and are fitting again!

I'm trying to trust the dress makers judgement. They said that this happens alot more than you would expect and they're used to dealing with it but I'm still quite anxious!

I was able to wear all of my regular clothes until recently. I bought a gorgeous dress that was loose for christmas when I was only 10 weeks and by the time christmas came it was still too big. (I was 16 weeks then) but every pregnancy is different.

Old Navy doesn't have a lot in store but their online selection is awesome. And everything fits similar so if you find a pair of pants there and you like them you can pretty much get that size in all their pants and they fit the same. Their tops are awesome too. Another great place is Target- just got the most comfy yoga pants and t-shirt ever just a couple hours ago and i'm loving being comfortable and having things fit right!

So strange, I've had the exact opposite experience with old navy-even two exact same pair of pants will fit differently! I did get two shirts that fit PERFECTLY. They were only $7 each too and I looooove them. Target sent me a mobile coupon for $3 off maternity but my store had hardly anything stocked. I find that their pants are all waaaaay too long and I'm strangely between sizes in their shirts.

I accidentally ate a sliced pickle and ketchup and holy hey it was delicious! Tonight I'm making french bread grilled cheese with roasted tomatoes and a side salad, but I'm planning on a side of marinana sauce too. I just cannot get enough of tomatoes now. :)

Cali- what's strange is that pre-pregnancy yes, their jeans fit weird, but pregnancy, they are all the same. Haha!

-About the size thing, at 14 weeks you will probably be bigger, yes, but I was still able to wear my regular clothes. I would say an inch or two is probably right.

So I have been put on pelvic rest because I have a low lying placenta :( BOO! It's only been a week and I am already dying to have sex. Lol. I don't know how I am going to get through this. They have a scan booked for April 19th to recheck my placenta. But since then I have had to schedule a Fetal Echo Cardiogram (I think that is the technical name) since I am diabetic it is standard procedure to check the babies heart. They made that scan for March 8th. Hoping they can check my placenta at that scan and tell me that it has moved. Since everyone keeps saying that there is like a 90% chance that it will move on its own.

Enough of my complaining....hope everyone is doing well!!

So I have been put on pelvic rest because I have a low lying placenta :( BOO! It's only been a week and I am already dying to have sex. Lol. I don't know how I am going to get through this. They have a scan booked for April 19th to recheck my placenta. But since then I have had to schedule a Fetal Echo Cardiogram (I think that is the technical name) since I am diabetic it is standard procedure to check the babies heart. They made that scan for March 8th. Hoping they can check my placenta at that scan and tell me that it has moved. Since everyone keeps saying that there is like a 90% chance that it will move on its own.

That sucks! Hopefully they can check at your first scan because that is a long time to wait!

bummer! I hope they are able to do both things on the same scan. I hope the placenta moves to a better position

I think you have good odds on the placenta- seems that it happens to move a lot from other threads I have read over the months when I've been on here. :)

Hello again, ladies! I've missed the past couple of weeks. I work, go to school and we've been getting some work done on the house. We had a terrible mold problem discovered and even though it didn't cause us any health problems, we wanted to get rid of it and fix it before our little one is with delicate lungs. My husband made me stay with my sister while the work was being done.

On a happy note, we had an ultrasound at 14w2d, and found out we are having a little boy! We are so excited and it feels so real now that we can say "he" and "him", not just "it" lol! I'm finally starting to get a baby bump too! Most people couldn't tell, but my husband and sisters can. I can still wear most of my regular clothes, but my jeans get uncomfortable quickly. I hope everyone is doing well!

Hi :wave:

I've just found out im pregnant with #2! approx 5 weeks pg

My dd (Madison) is 2

im a uk size 24 atm :(

i had c sec last time. ne1 on here mention vbac as a plus sizer?

THANKS! happy and healthy pregs to u all xxx

Moved to the Pregnancy Groups & Discussions forum!

Congrats on the baby boy LC!! I have three little men and they are so much fun!

Welcome Lisa 1986! My first birth was vaginal. The second two were c-sections. My doctor is all for me going Vbac if this baby stays small enough :) I think it all depends where you live and your doctor. :)

Hello again, ladies! I've missed the past couple of weeks. I work, go to school and we've been getting some work done on the house. We had a terrible mold problem discovered and even though it didn't cause us any health problems, we wanted to get rid of it and fix it before our little one is with delicate lungs. My husband made me stay with my sister while the work was being done.

On a happy note, we had an ultrasound at 14w2d, and found out we are having a little boy! We are so excited and it feels so real now that we can say "he" and "him", not just "it" lol! I'm finally starting to get a baby bump too! Most people couldn't tell, but my husband and sisters can. I can still wear most of my regular clothes, but my jeans get uncomfortable quickly. I hope everyone is doing well!

How cool, that they could detect the gender already! Glad things are going well.

Hey everyone, I hope everything is well!

I had an odd few days with the LO, it wasn't really moving like it usually did. I've been cutting all refined sugar so maybe that had something to do with it? Either way I had tried cold water, orange juice, nothing worked. So last night I turned my phone's speaker allllll the way up and started playing music for the Bubs. I tried Adele, lady GaGa, beach boys, all kinds of stuff. No response. Finally I tried yo-yo ma's prelude to the Bach suites, which is one of my all time favorite pieces. The baby kicked so hard my phone moved on my belly! I then played Paganini 's caprice 24 and Beethoven's 5th, and more kicking! So either the baby loves classical music like its parents or it was protesting. :)

Cali I am glad your LO responded. I know it gets worrisome when we feel they change their 'normal' routine :) Hmmmm wonder if baby was saying turn this crap off! LOL Actually haven't there been studies with babies in the belly and classical music? I am sure there has they do a study on just about everything :)

I've heard that babies hear lower pitched sounds better while their in utero, so perhaps that's it?

I dont have my first appointment untill march 19th. Very jealous of all the early scans! what do you ladies think my chances of being able to hear the heartbeat at 9wk+5 days? I feel great about my pregnancy I dont have any nagging worry or feelings that somethings wrong. I just want confirmation that baby is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->