Plus-Size Pregnancy

I didn't get to hear a heartbeat at the Dr's until 12 weeks and that was really difficult to find. Usually the Dr will monitor the heartbeat visually on the ultrasound and determine what it is. I don't know if you would be able to hear it but you can definitely see it!

I was able to hear the heartbeat around 10 weeks when I had that really bad bleed. If they can find it with the ultrasound they can play it. Just depends on if they do or not. With doppler they usually don't do that too early but with some people it has been proven that they can. I also heard it (and have a video of it) from 15ish weeks at my 3d/4d. Since then if it's been on ultrasound they just show the heartbeat... and if its been on doppler then we hear it. Good luck!

Ordered some pizza 'cause I was super duper hungry at home - I think the baby liked the pizza. Not too long after I finished eating I could feel her body move before there'd be a big ol' kick. I love feeling her move! <3

How's everyone doing today?

I worked all week so I was kinda MIA on here. Home today but heading out this evening to my grandma's 80th birthday party. I'll have another day off tomorrow and then it's a normal week for me with my split days off.

Have any of you bought anything for baby yet? I can't help but browse (and shop every now and then)... but everyone told me that I should wait until after my baby shower. I caaaaaaaaaan't! LOL.

Hope you all are doing fantastic!

I'm flooding this page today. LOL

Have any of your felt your baby hiccup?!

After those big kicks I started feeling this light rhythmic sensation low down, almost like a heartbeat, with few pauses between a set of them. It's almost like a pulsing, or light muscle spasms in a rhythmic pattern. Super cool to feel.

It's kinda funny 'cause her body was up past my belly button towards the right while she was doing all that major kicking after the pizza. Now the hiccups are super low... like she had settled into a position down there.

I know at this stage they can still move all over the place...

As I typed that she moved some more... feet back down low. Seems do be done with the 5 minute hiccup session. ;)

Love feeling her move in there.

Yep get the hiccups but not regularly. You can tell the difference from kicks because they are in a pattern.

My son is moving a LOT these days, it is almost constant when he is awake. The rolls are fun too. And cramming to one side or the other depending on what side I slept on!

Yep get the hiccups but not regularly. You can tell the difference from kicks because they are in a pattern.

My son is moving a LOT these days, it is almost constant when he is awake. The rolls are fun too. And cramming to one side or the other depending on what side I slept on!

Whatever side I'm laying on is what side she sleeps on as well. During the day when she's sleeping she's laying across my belly. When she's awake kicks are usually low and almost moving constantly. I do feel her rolling around and what not but usually up a little bit higher, right below my belly button or right at that (area wise). I love feeling her moving around. I was doing a kick count when she was really active and got 10 kicks in 21 seconds. LOL. She was absuing my uterus!

Keslinger I shop too!! I cant help it. After three boys I just love shopping for a little girl! I ordered this bedding too. What do you ladies think?

https://cadenlane.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/2307/image/3612/

Hopefully that link works :)

I dont have my first appointment untill march 19th. Very jealous of all the early scans! what do you ladies think my chances of being able to hear the heartbeat at 9wk+5 days? I feel great about my pregnancy I dont have any nagging worry or feelings that somethings wrong. I just want confirmation that baby is well.

You will most likely hear the heartbeat at that appointment. I heard this guy's at 8w0d. The doctor did an ultrasound and we saw and heard the heartbeat then. I also had an ultrasound at 9w0d, 12w0d, and 14w2d. Each time I saw and heard the heartbeat. I've also had appointments without ultrasounds and the doctor listened to the heartbeat with the doppler. I have a lot of weight in my belly, but there haven't been any problems finding the heartbeat with the doppler. I hope you hear your LO's! It's really amazing!

We heard our first baby's heartbeat at 7w0d. This one the ultrasound tech showed us the heartbeat at 7w6d but didn't let us hear it, she said they don't know how it effects the baby at that early on. :shrug:

I haven't posted on here in a while. I've been REALLY sick. Almost went up to get an IV the other day because I hadn't been able to keep even water down for 24 hours. I was never this sick last time and I considered myself pretty sick last time... I really just hope the morning sickness eases up soon.

Still managed to gain 5lbs somehow :dohh: I'm so freakin stressing over weight gain. I do NOT need to gain any weight. But the good news is my bump is already starting to show through. I can clearly feel my uterus now and it is poking far out and pushing my tummy out. I wonder if a really anterior placenta has anything to do with that... I'm in maternity pants already (although they are like heavennnn).

Check out my 10 week tummy and what do you think? I can tell it's not anything like it usually is lol. Although I'm fat my tummy is normally "flat" iykwim.
427450_148646428589936_100003337403019_191775_1842072556_n.jpg

You look preggers :) !!! I'm so bloated. I've had food aversions and some sickness I've even lost 4lbs. But my belly is soooo bloated I look like I can't stay out of the cake.

Aww, love the pic, you defo look pregnant, I cant wait til I'm showing!!

We heard our first baby's heartbeat at 7w0d. This one the ultrasound tech showed us the heartbeat at 7w6d but didn't let us hear it, she said they don't know how it effects the baby at that early on. :shrug:

I haven't posted on here in a while. I've been REALLY sick. Almost went up to get an IV the other day because I hadn't been able to keep even water down for 24 hours. I was never this sick last time and I considered myself pretty sick last time... I really just hope the morning sickness eases up soon.

Still managed to gain 5lbs somehow :dohh: I'm so freakin stressing over weight gain. I do NOT need to gain any weight. But the good news is my bump is already starting to show through. I can clearly feel my uterus now and it is poking far out and pushing my tummy out. I wonder if a really anterior placenta has anything to do with that... I'm in maternity pants already (although they are like heavennnn).

Check out my 10 week tummy and what do you think? I can tell it's not anything like it usually is lol. Although I'm fat my tummy is normally "flat" iykwim.
427450_148646428589936_100003337403019_191775_1842072556_n.jpg

Nice bump! I know that with subsequent pregnancies you often show much earlier! =)

Here's some progression pics from me...

17w+6d
17w6d.jpg

23+4
23w4d left2.jpg
23w4d right.jpg

25+1
25+1.jpg

25+1-2.jpg

I took those last 2 yesterday. Looks like my belly has gotten a little bigger over the last week and a half/2 weeks.

This morning OH and I were laying in bed and the baby was moving super low. I was all "Alyssa, come up here!" (LOL) So, I push in on the left side, push in on the right side, and push down on the top and put my hand down above my belly button and she kicked up there!!! OH was talking to his sister on the phone so I whisper to him to put his hand on my stomach right there (she usually never kicks the same spot twice)... she gave him a good few kicks right there. :happydance: The only other time he's felt her was when she was rolling over and she did it under his hand. I know right now there's plenty of room in there for her to move all over the place, she's been up, down and on the sides so far today, but I was SO glad for that mere moment she had her feet up and kicked hard enough.

Keslinger I shop too!! I cant help it. After three boys I just love shopping for a little girl! I ordered this bedding too. What do you ladies think?

https://cadenlane.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/2307/image/3612/

Hopefully that link works :)

Love the set, it's super cute. We went to eat this morning and ended up at Target. LOL. I ended up buying a sunsuit (it was on sale!!!) and because we don't really have newborn clothes and I wanted to buy something we got a 2 pack of pants (I know she's going to be a summer baby, but if we are out somewhere at night, or going on a walk, she's going to need some pants!) and a pack of newborn onesies.

For Alyssa's bed set we picked this..

beautiful butterfly.jpg

If we don't get it we're going to end up getting a cheaper set, or buying pieces from a different store... we'll just buy bumper, a few sheets, and a dust ruffle separate for a fraction of the price. The bed set is actually the theme of the baby shower that my sister is throwing for me.

Thanks guys! The maternity pants don't hide it at all now lol. I figured at 250lbs I'd be able to hide it forever. Oh and I got a "step-up" so I can do some exercise lol.

KEslinger you can DEFINITELY tell your bump has popped in the past couple weeks.

I've developed a new symptom...itchy tummy!!! Oh my goodness all I want to do is scratch. I've been massaging any type of lotion I have on hand to avoid the scratching. Bubs has been quiet today but I kind of overdid it on the weekend and I'm exhausted.

We had our first prenatal appointment with the midwife and it was amazing!!! It room over two hours and she answered all our questions and gave us some great advice/guidance. They're focused on getting the whole woman ready for the birth, not just the body. I feel like a huge weight has dropped off my shoulders. :)

I want to shop so badly too but I'm going to wait until after our shower(s). I know that people aren't going to listen and we're going to end up with a ton of stuff we won't use/need so if we wait until after we'll be able to return. We have decided on a color scheme and bedding...iylt's bright blue with orange and yellow accents.

Oh and sorry if my posts always have weird letters/capitals/words, but I'm always on my phone on the train.

I can't wait till I know all is well and can start shopping I want to stock up on diapers and other gender neutral stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->