Plus-Size Pregnancy

I think I bought the first onesie at 8 weeks but I can't remember. I have bookshelf type thing over half full of clothes. My shower is in 13 days though! Hopefully I will get a lot of 3-6 and 6-9 stuff since I have 0-3 pretty much covered. But because I'm having a beginning of summer baby and I live in Washington state, we can have rain/wind/sun all in one week so its good for me to have a variety of stuff on hand. Hubby and I are renting out another storage unit just for baby stuff since our apartment is pretty much crammed with the stuff we do have and my OCD makes it so that anything we don't use can't be visible or I'll go crazy LOL

Good news to report, gals! They just called about the amnio I had last week--the FISH results show that everything is clear, and we're having a girl! The FISH results are preliminary and not quite as reliable as the final amnio, but I'm so encouraged! I'm floating on air.

:happydance::dance:

Keslinger I shop too!! I cant help it. After three boys I just love shopping for a little girl! I ordered this bedding too. What do you ladies think?

https://cadenlane.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/2307/image/3612/

Hopefully that link works :)

Love the set, it's super cute. We went to eat this morning and ended up at Target. LOL. I ended up buying a sunsuit (it was on sale!!!) and because we don't really have newborn clothes and I wanted to buy something we got a 2 pack of pants (I know she's going to be a summer baby, but if we are out somewhere at night, or going on a walk, she's going to need some pants!) and a pack of newborn onesies.

For Alyssa's bed set we picked this..

View attachment 345378

If we don't get it we're going to end up getting a cheaper set, or buying pieces from a different store... we'll just buy bumper, a few sheets, and a dust ruffle separate for a fraction of the price. The bed set is actually the theme of the baby shower that my sister is throwing for me.

Love the butterflies! :)

We started a baby box (coincidentally the month I got pregnant) before I got pregnant. We had bought diapers, a 3 pack of bottles, pacifiers, gender neutral onesies/burp cloths, johnsons head to toe wash and a johnsons travel pack. LOL. When we found out it was a girl we QUICKLY exchanged things for girl stuff. Looking at the gender neutral stuff felt so boyish for us.

Now we have 2 packs of newborn diapers, a pack of size 1 diapers, all the stuff from above, some hand-me-down newborn stuff - and a couple of new newborn stuff (the set we got for Chrismtas, a 2 pack of pants and a pack of white onesies), lots of summer clothes in size 0-3 with a few pairs of pants, we need some sleepers LOL, and then size 6 and 9 months we have some more layette sets. <3 I do need to quit buying but it's SO hard.

We should have our crib before April, and a bunch of other stuff from the shower. Hopefully we won't need too much after that, but I'm sure we will.

Kendra, 13 days until your baby shower!!! You must be super excited! I can't wait to make it into the 3rd trimester. =) - I just counted, my baby shower is in 46 days. LOL.

I've gotta get some cleaning done around here today. Just laundry and the kitchen but it's buggin' me and I'm home. -- I've also gotta get some eating done, I'm hungry!

Hope everyone is feeling fantastic!

Not sure if it's your type of thing or not but I love baby leg warmers (easy diaper changes!!!)... and right now at babylegs.com they're having a sitewide sale for $4 a pair + $4 shipping for leap year. It ends today, unfortunately, lol I just found out about it today. I won't be telling OH but I ordered a few pairs... they were "gifts" lol. I had them shipped to my work and I'll put them in our daughters drawers, we'll see if he notices at some point.

I've bought a couple nb onesies. I had an almost winter baby last time and it will be the end of summer when I give birth this time. And I gave away ALL of Emerald's nb-6 month clothes. So we're starting from scratch with this baby, especially if it's a boy. I really can't wait I've got a LOT of money burning a hole in my pocket but I don't wanna start buying until 14 weeks after I get my gender scan (and hopefully baby cooperates like last time) so less than 4 weeks.

I'll be at the start of Summer/end of Spring. We have a lot of rompers and what not, it's usually hot where we live, in 0-3 months. I know that'll be the size for the hotter months.

I'm starting to feel HUGE today. And, decided that I'm going to start eating better, not dieting, just healthier for the baby. I kinda stopped eating really well a while ago. Time to pay more attention to what I'm putting in my mouth and make sure that it's nutritious (most of the time) for my baby.

Good news to report, gals! They just called about the amnio I had last week--the FISH results show that everything is clear, and we're having a girl! The FISH results are preliminary and not quite as reliable as the final amnio, but I'm so encouraged! I'm floating on air.

Congrats on the good news. Hopefully there's even better news to follow with the final results!

Annnnnnnnd, congrats on a girl!!! <3

Are you guys thinking of names yet?

Yeah its crazy my shower will be so soon! DH and I have no room for anything either.

I still haven't had another ultrasound since 18 weeks and I'm getting nervous as I would really like to know how baby is doing and that he's on track.

The baby's been having quiet days and then today a little more activity, but very very low. I also found some stretch marks on my sides! I knew I'd get them and I was prepared for the ones I have on my tummy now but my sides??!? Ugh. I'm so pale they really stand out. I've also gained about 4lbs above my starting weight so I've been really trying to watch my diet. I've been craaaving sugar now too, must because I decided to cut it out.

Anyone else ridiculously itchy? I've been slathering my bump in cocoa butter which really isn't helping with the sugar cravings.

Have you guys tried any consignment shops? There's one near me that offers 10% off for Facebook followers every once in a while so I'm going to check it out. Hopefully they have some good deals.

Its weird to think that some of us already 2/3rds of the way done and this thread started back in the first trimester.

Congrats on the girl!!!!!!

Consignment shops are AWESOME. Only one here has maternity clothes... was able to find a couple shirts and that's about it though. But great place for all things baby.

The baby's been having quiet days and then today a little more activity, but very very low. I also found some stretch marks on my sides! I knew I'd get them and I was prepared for the ones I have on my tummy now but my sides??!? Ugh. I'm so pale they really stand out. I've also gained about 4lbs above my starting weight so I've been really trying to watch my diet. I've been craaaving sugar now too, must because I decided to cut it out.

Anyone else ridiculously itchy? I've been slathering my bump in cocoa butter which really isn't helping with the sugar cravings.

Have you guys tried any consignment shops? There's one near me that offers 10% off for Facebook followers every once in a while so I'm going to check it out. Hopefully they have some good deals.

My baby has times during the day where she's a lot less active (including about a 2-3 hour period every night) - or no movement at all, sometimes there'll be a twitch while she's sleeping. Usually when she's awake she's super active, I had one time where I got 10 kicks (kicks, not hiccups!) in 21 seconds! Typically, I can get 10 kicks in 2-5 minutes... I don't start my kick count card until 28 weeks.

She's starting to move all over though... a lot of the time I still feel her really low, other times I feel her up higher around my belly button or a little higher. Everytime I think she's getting ready to be head down I feel her kicks super low. I'm sure she'll always keep me guessing.

I had to clean my work this morning, which always leads me to trying to find the baby on the ultrasound. I can't change the settings enough to get super clear shots however, I did get to show OH her heartbeat flickering away... her ribs/back. Her head (but not clear AT ALL). Her hand by her head moving around. And, then she gave us a good shot of her privates. LOL, all in about 5 minutes.

I'm 26 weeks tomorrow which means I have to go have my 3 hour GTT done... I'll probably do it on Sunday, that way if I crash after OH will be with me and I won't have one of those moments like last time. My blood sugar has been doing great - my only problem has been morning fastings and everything has been between 82-98 in the morning with the exception of a couple that were over 100 but not too recently. Pretty cool.

As far as itchiness goes, I have like bouts of it, lol. I do take Benadryl pretty regularly at night though... big weather changes, stress from work, and our younger cat have left me with random rashes, oh the joys of pregnancy.

Stretch marks... I've had them, and they've always been super pale, just about skin tone, now I'm getting a few more that are a soft peach color. They don't bother me too much.

My boobs are looking great! LOL. A lot fuller and what not now, instead of the sagginess that most get mine are perking up more. I enjoy that. ;)

Last I checked I'm still below my starting weight, I weigh in tomorrow. At my last visit I was the same weight... but my bathroom scale weighs me as more. (Dr's said 276.5, bathroom said 279.5) ... With that discrepency in mind I'll know where I stand tomorrow, Last I checked I was 281.0, so a pound and a half up isn't too bad over the last few weeks, we'll see tomorrow though... my scale hates me. :haha:

I never remember to keep slathering my bump. It's definitely getting bigger and I'm starting to show more not in maternity pants, but it's not that nice round bump when I'm not wearing them. The top part of my "B" is definitely pushing out A LOT more than it ever has.

Its weird to think that some of us already 2/3rds of the way done and this thread started back in the first trimester.

Totally crazy to think that. I'm so glad I started this thread though...

Question. What's everyone's name?! maybe it's pregnancy brain and I missed them in the beginning but still. LOL

I'm Kim. =)

Also, I want to start adding people to the first page. Kinda like an intro.

If you guys are interested let me know, then PM me your due date, which baby # this is for you, and if you're team pink/yellow/blue. It may take me a day or two to post with my work schedule but I'll get everyone up there as long as I see it.

I honestly haven't gotten on my own scale at home since I got pregnant. I just go by how things fit. I know that I had to have put on some kind of weight though in the last 3 weeks because my maternity pants (my favorite ones) are getting too tight. Bummer.

On the plus side my boobs never really got bigger (yet) which is nice because everyone told me they would get huge during pregnancy then again when breastfeeding... so if they only get bigger for breastfeeding they probably just will get fuller and I won't have to get any new bras (I hope)

I did get the maternity/nursing sports bra from motherhood maternity and followed the user reviews to order a size bigger than you would think you are (for me, a 42 DD, it said to get a 1x, so I followed the reviews and got a 2x) and it fits PERFECT and actually makes them look pretty nice :) especially for a sports bra. Would highly recommend for a maternity/nursing/sleep bra. very comfy!

I honestly haven't gotten on my own scale at home since I got pregnant. I just go by how things fit. I know that I had to have put on some kind of weight though in the last 3 weeks because my maternity pants (my favorite ones) are getting too tight. Bummer.

On the plus side my boobs never really got bigger (yet) which is nice because everyone told me they would get huge during pregnancy then again when breastfeeding... so if they only get bigger for breastfeeding they probably just will get fuller and I won't have to get any new bras (I hope)

I did get the maternity/nursing sports bra from motherhood maternity and followed the user reviews to order a size bigger than you would think you are (for me, a 42 DD, it said to get a 1x, so I followed the reviews and got a 2x) and it fits PERFECT and actually makes them look pretty nice :) especially for a sports bra. Would highly recommend for a maternity/nursing/sleep bra. very comfy!

That's really good to know. I need to start looking into maternity/nursing bras. Not something I'm looking forward to, lol.

My weight hasn't changed by much, however, my maternity pants (well, 1 of the 2 pairs) stay up now, even without the belly band. They do fit better with the belly band, I'll admit. The one pair I have that doesn't fit as good are cut a bit lower where the panel starts, because of my shape and where it sits, they tend to not stay up as well, but I haven't tried wearing them out yet. I love wearing my other pair out and about - I just haven't tried wearing them to work where I'm sitting standing stooping bending squatting, etc. I'm not sure why I keep track of my weight so much, I have an app on my phone, I used to weigh in weekly, or between. Now I only count the weights I get at the doctors as 'real' since my scale is different from theirs, but I do keep track of it in a pregnancy app I have on my phone. At first I logged it weekly, now I do it when I feel like it.

I honestly stopped logging weight in a pregnancy app when the one I was using said I was morbidly obese from the first weight I put in there. I don't need that crap!

Congrats on the good news. Hopefully there's even better news to follow with the final results!

Annnnnnnnd, congrats on a girl!!! <3

Are you guys thinking of names yet?

Thanks!

Not yet...knowing my husband and I, it's going to take a while, I'm kind of dragging my feet on starting that discussion. ;)

Totally crazy to think that. I'm so glad I started this thread though...

Question. What's everyone's name?! maybe it's pregnancy brain and I missed them in the beginning but still. LOL

I'm Kim. =)

Also, I want to start adding people to the first page. Kinda like an intro.

If you guys are interested let me know, then PM me your due date, which baby # this is for you, and if you're team pink/yellow/blue. It may take me a day or two to post with my work schedule but I'll get everyone up there as long as I see it.

I'm Katie. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"