Plus-Size Pregnancy

And, then she let us see her for a couple of minutes... this last photo is my favorite. <3

K_13.jpg

K_14.jpg

K_19.jpg

K_20.jpg

K_21.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Then she decided she was done. She ended up turning her head, bringing her hands back up and putting her foot up to block the view as well. I have pics of that, too... but B&B isn't letting me upload them right now.

Gorgeous piccys!!! X

Love your pics keslinger!

Thanks, ladies. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she gets here!!! I won a Baby Brezza cookbook, and I know it'll be at least 8 months 'til I get to make something out of it for Alyssa... but, I keep looking through all the recipes. LOL, the baby brezza itself comes with a recipe book, I hear there's some good ones in there. We plan on making most of her baby food... which means I'm going to have an abundance of baby food from WIC that I'll have to find homes for.

Love the pics- wish we would have done a 3D now that I look back on it. But with all the issues I'm having with my insurance it was just too much to try to do that as well. But next time I will probably spring for it for fun.

Ladies, I am sick and it sucks :( So miserable especially when baby is moving around like nothing is going on and I can barely breathe and sniffling and sore throat and ugggggghhhhh... sucks :(

Keslinger!! Your little girl is beautiful!

Kendra am sick too! Boo! I have been sick since Friday and am just now starting to feel better. Hope you feel better soon!

Yesterday my dog died. I was okay until nighttime when I just couldn't stop crying...it seemed like the proverbial straw if you know what I mean. When we moved into our apartment we couldnt keep him So my in laws took him in. They had a big yard and four other dogs so he was very happy there. He got sick over the weekend and my OH was supposed to take him to the vet yesterday but he didn't make it in time. I feel like such a failure- I couldn't even care for a dog how am I supposed to take care of a baby? What kind of parent am I going to be? I don't know. I hadn't gone to see my dog for a month or two because I've been so tired and my OH's sisters don't like me-i just didn't have the energy to fight with them. Now ill never see my dog again. Maybe I'm being pathetic but its really affected me. Thanks for listening.

aww caliginger :(

i'm so sad for you :cry:

please just know it was his time.

it'll be ok and please don't think this says anything about how you'll be as a parent. you'll be perfect. :hugs:

Cali, there wasn't anything you could have done, sweetie, I know its hard to not feel like part of it is your fault but its just a way of life sometimes :( It doesn't affect your parenting ability, especially since mother nature takes care of that for us when the baby comes anyway!

I can't grow a plant or keep a fish alive for the life of me but I would never think I would be a horrible parent! I trust in my abilities and I trust that instincts won't lead me wrong. You will be the same way :)

Thanks you guys. Its going to take some time for me to get over it. I also have my three hour test on Friday and I'm so worried I'm going to fail it. If I do fail it may mean I can't have my birthing center birth and I don't want to think about that. Especially since I still can't get in to see my back up physician.

Yesterday my dog died. I was okay until nighttime when I just couldn't stop crying...it seemed like the proverbial straw if you know what I mean. When we moved into our apartment we couldnt keep him So my in laws took him in. They had a big yard and four other dogs so he was very happy there. He got sick over the weekend and my OH was supposed to take him to the vet yesterday but he didn't make it in time. I feel like such a failure- I couldn't even care for a dog how am I supposed to take care of a baby? What kind of parent am I going to be? I don't know. I hadn't gone to see my dog for a month or two because I've been so tired and my OH's sisters don't like me-i just didn't have the energy to fight with them. Now ill never see my dog again. Maybe I'm being pathetic but its really affected me. Thanks for listening.

:hugs:

I'm so sorry, hun. Our furkids are a part of us no matter what the situation may be. Know that you gave your pup a great life and that he was happy getting to play with 4 other dogs in a big yard. You'll have days where you're saddened by his loss, try and remember all of the good times you shared with him. Remember his goofy happy face (they all have them)! You're not a failure at all, these things happen, and, they happen whether or not you're there to do something about it. You'll always remember him and, there will always be a time, even in the far future, after your heart has healed that you'll think of him and have some tears show up. It's in our nature.

A while back I had to move out of my dads house (drama with his wife), and my dog, the family dog, stayed with him. She had been sick and what not (surgeries for removal of cancerous growths, etc) but had been doing well. I went over to house sit and that was her last day. After agonal breathing she died in my arms. Sometimes it's better to not be there and to not have to go through the pain of seeing them suffer as well. Night time always seems to be the worst. It's when things weigh in on your mind. When the distractions of the day are gone and there's nothing left to do but think... so, think of that precious unborn child in your belly, give your belly a rub and smile (even through the tears). I'm not saying it isn't hard, or that it will only be hard for a few days (it'll come and go)...

I see it happen everyday in my line of work but it never makes it easier. Even having an in-depth understanding and knowing that it was "their time" and so on, it's still hard. Know that we're all here for you if you need an ear, know that you're not a failure, and, know that in NO way does it depict how good or bad of a mother you'll be. We all do everything we can for those we love... you gave him a happy ending in this all-too-short of a thing we call life. Even if they could live 30 years it'd never be long enough. My heart goes out to you.

Thanks you guys. Its going to take some time for me to get over it. I also have my three hour test on Friday and I'm so worried I'm going to fail it. If I do fail it may mean I can't have my birthing center birth and I don't want to think about that. Especially since I still can't get in to see my back up physician.

Did they tell you what your 1 hour results were?
Be sure to eat between 10p-12a the night before the test (you should be fasted for 8-10 hours, no more than that). I always fail the morning fasting but I failed the 1 hour in general as well. Kaiser told me to eat half a sandwich and drink a glass (8 oz) of milk the night before. Fingers crossed for you that it goes well. Take everything 1 step at a time. As moms we try to plan everything out and we just can't. (I'm having a hard time grasping that concept!) :hugs:

AFM, OH picked me up from work yesterday (as he always does)... we turned the corner to go down a side street to get on the freeway.

And he starts talking to me by saying
"you know I love you a lot right?"
"like a lot?"
"and, you know I'd do anything for you?"
"and, you're my future baby mama..." (haha)
"and, my future wife"
"and, you know that I want to marry you, right?"

So, then he says,
"here's a box, there's nothing in it right now... but as soon as I can afford it I'm going to put a nice ring in there for you..."

"but, until then..."
(He reached into the door of the car)
"I want you to wear this one"

So, he gave me a promise ring. =) It's gorgeous. I need to get it resized so I won't be wearing it for a few weeks. But... <3 !

AFM, OH picked me up from work yesterday (as he always does)... we turned the corner to go down a side street to get on the freeway.

"like a lot?"
"and, my future wife"

So, then he says,
"here's a box, there's nothing in it right now... but as soon as I can afford it I'm going to put a nice ring in there for you..."

"but, until then..."

So, he gave me a promise ring. =) It's gorgeous. I need to get it resized so I won't be wearing it for a few weeks. But... <3 !

That is SO sweet! I My OH and I enjoy a hobby called Geocaching. If you aren't familiar it is basically treasure hunting using GPS. Other people hide small boxes and upload GPS coordinates and then you use a GPS to go find them. Sometimes they only contain a paper log for you to sign, but sometimes they are larger and contain small trinkets. You take something from the box and leave something behind in its place. We enjoy it as it gets us out and about and exploring our surroundings.

Anyhow, we have talked a lot about getting married someday, so we both know that is the intention. Last fall we were out geocaching. We were looking for places to put new caches out, and we ran across a VFW monument that was an old out of commission tank. I looked up the coordinates real quick, and it showed no cache in the area. So we pulled over and got one of our magnetic caches out of the trunk to place on the tank.

When we started looking for a place to stick it where it wouldn't be in plane sight we found a cache already there. Very odd since the cache didn't show up on the search online. Anyway, OH opened the cache up while I was busy looking on my phone one more time to make sure I didn't just overlook the listing. I turned around, and he was down on one knee. He proposed to me that day with a blue plastic ring that he found in that geocache, and told me that someday when we were doing better financially he promised he would buy me a real ring and propose again. The ring fit me perfectly, and I have not taken it off since. (It is some kind of hard plastic costume piece, not like an adjustable bubble gum machine plastic, lol). That may have been the most romantic moment in the history of the world!

"like a lot?"
"and, my future wife"

So, then he says,

"but, until then..."

That is SO sweet! I My OH and I enjoy a hobby called Geocaching. If you aren't familiar it is basically treasure hunting using GPS. Other people hide small boxes and upload GPS coordinates and then you use a GPS to go find them. Sometimes they only contain a paper log for you to sign, but sometimes they are larger and contain small trinkets. You take something from the box and leave something behind in its place. We enjoy it as it gets us out and about and exploring our surroundings.

Anyhow, we have talked a lot about getting married someday, so we both know that is the intention. Last fall we were out geocaching. We were looking for places to put new caches out, and we ran across a VFW monument that was an old out of commission tank. I looked up the coordinates real quick, and it showed no cache in the area. So we pulled over and got one of our magnetic caches out of the trunk to place on the tank.

When we started looking for a place to stick it where it wouldn't be in plane sight we found a cache already there. Very odd since the cache didn't show up on the search online. Anyway, OH opened the cache up while I was busy looking on my phone one more time to make sure I didn't just overlook the listing. I turned around, and he was down on one knee. He proposed to me that day with a blue plastic ring that he found in that geocache, and told me that someday when we were doing better financially he promised he would buy me a real ring and propose again. The ring fit me perfectly, and I have not taken it off since. (It is some kind of hard plastic costume piece, not like an adjustable bubble gum machine plastic, lol). That may have been the most romantic moment in the history of the world!

Awwww!!! That sounds so romantic!!! We wanted to get married before baby but with the cut in hours and everything else we're trying to juggle to stay on our feet it just isn't possible right now. Even the courthouse wants a good chunk of money to do it. We're talking about getting married next summer, or late spring (after tax time). LOL. I can't wait. I also can't wait to get that ring resized to my chunky finger. I want it NOW. LOL, you can pay the regular fee and get it in 2 weeks, or you can pay 10 dollars more and get it in 1 week. 10 dollars more? really? that's all?... what if I give ya 50 bucks more?! Haha.

KEslinger, beautiful story!!!!!!!!!! thank you for sharing such a sweet proposal.

Awwww!!! That sounds so romantic!!! We wanted to get married before baby but with the cut in hours and everything else we're trying to juggle to stay on our feet it just isn't possible right now. Even the courthouse wants a good chunk of money to do it. We're talking about getting married next summer, or late spring (after tax time). LOL. I can't wait. I also can't wait to get that ring resized to my chunky finger. I want it NOW. LOL, you can pay the regular fee and get it in 2 weeks, or you can pay 10 dollars more and get it in 1 week. 10 dollars more? really? that's all?... what if I give ya 50 bucks more?! Haha.

We would love to get married before the baby too, but we can't afford it either. We moved into this house in October and are completely gutting the bathroom because the floor was falling in and the walls were full of mold from a leaky shower. UGH! So, with that (almost done thank god) and the baby coming in July, we just can't do it. We want a simple ceremony, but he has a large family, so we know we can't just go to the courthouse. lol

You don't have jewelry stores that can size rings same day? They are everywhere out here! I would be going crazy to wear it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->