Plus-Size Pregnancy

This is my fourth pregnancy and I have never had it either :) Hope you get relief soon!

Ugh the pelvic pain never goes away let me tell you what!

I can barely get in and out of bed or in and out of the car now :(

Midwife wasn't really interested when i rang as It's not thw baby but she said it sounds like SPD but I'm too early for that as I've never had kids before. She wants me to see doctor and get referred for physio

How long did morning (all day) sickness last for you ladies? I was hoping for some relief soon. But it seems to be as strong as ever. :-/

I'm 17 weeks and just threw up twice this morning. I throw up about every other day now since 15 and a half weeks.

How's everyone doing today? I'm making Oreo Truffles for my baby shower. I just finished one batch, have some chilling in the freezer then I need to get them coated and decorated. I can't wait 'til tomorrow!!! We've had some crazy weather and my step sister and dads wife might be stuck in southern california... they're trying to get back up here but we'll see. It bothers me that people either haven't bought off (or don't know how to use) the gift registry. All of the stuff left is almost overwhelming, but, one day at a time. My dad seems to think that the baby and my youngest (jerk of a) cat may bond later. She kicks when he sits on my belly and purrs... he waits for her to kick. Then he closes his eyes and purrs. Weird. My sister and my mom went to get their hair done today... sis is going to stop by after to get the truffles, fine and dandy, but OH and I have been super sick this last week so my apartment is a mess. I'd rather not have my mom come up but whatever. It is what it is.

8 weeks left! 4 weeks of work left... LOL. Getting there. I can't wait for her to be here! Can't wait to hold her and see OH with her. <3

How's everyone doing today? I'm making Oreo Truffles for my baby shower. I just finished one batch, have some chilling in the freezer then I need to get them coated and decorated. I can't wait 'til tomorrow!!! We've had some crazy weather and my step sister and dads wife might be stuck in southern california... they're trying to get back up here but we'll see. It bothers me that people either haven't bought off (or don't know how to use) the gift registry. All of the stuff left is almost overwhelming, but, one day at a time. My dad seems to think that the baby and my youngest (jerk of a) cat may bond later. She kicks when he sits on my belly and purrs... he waits for her to kick. Then he closes his eyes and purrs. Weird. My sister and my mom went to get their hair done today... sis is going to stop by after to get the truffles, fine and dandy, but OH and I have been super sick this last week so my apartment is a mess. I'd rather not have my mom come up but whatever. It is what it is.

8 weeks left! 4 weeks of work left... LOL. Getting there. I can't wait for her to be here! Can't wait to hold her and see OH with her. <3

we are making the oreo truffles for my baby shower too ..(thank you pinterest lol) they are YUM!

lol, my shower colors are purples, blues, greens, stuff that matches the bed set we picked...

so, we got candy melts in purple and blue... I decorated the tops with white candy melts then put the opposite color sprinkles over the white. they turned out pretty cute (and, I had to try one, too) they're pretty yummy. I can't wait for tomorrow! When is your baby shower?

my family and friends are all down in texas, and i moved to MD this past summer, so i will actually be goin down end of april thru first week of may, and we are havin a little baby shower get together down there a couple days before i come back.. ill only be about 26w+5 .. in june we are having one up in md with bf and all his family :D ill be 33/34 wks then i believe.. cant believe their will be 2 but his mother insists, and mine also :)

most of our family will be meeting tomorrow. LOL, my mom, dad, and grandma met his mom and sister at my 3D ultrasound. LOL, a little late in the timing on that one. Oh well. Better than at the birth, right? Haha. 2 showers, super exciting! we are having a diaper raffle (and wipes) so, hoping to get a bunch of those... hopefully not all in newborn size. LOL. I know we're getting a bunch of clothes and some odds and ends. I'm so ready for a nap, I haven't even been up that long and all I've done is made truffles. Haha. I'll have to get a nap in before OH gets home later. Speaking of OH, I should put my ring back on. I took it off to get my hands all dirty. =)

lol, yes better then the birth! sounds fun though, what is a diaper raffle? ive heard ppl mention them and im totally lost! and im with ya on the bein tired.. im so glad its friday & i dont work for 2 days.. im so ready to relax!!

I usually have split weekends, working every saturday, but because of the shower I'm off Saturday & Sunday, AND I got today off because it's my normal day off and I didn't write "on" on the calendar. oops? LOL.

Diaper raffle - everyone brings a pack of diapers and gets a raffle ticket for it. There's a BIGGER prize for this one. And, if a person brings a big box they get to raffle tickets. We also put on the invite diaper wipes, too.
If it's coed you can have the girls bring diapers the boys bring and have 2 different gifts to raffle off. My sister got some nice gift sets from bath & body works with candles and what not. The raffle gift is from B&Bworks too, it just has more stuff in it.

BTW the diapers are in addition to the gift. Make sure to register for which particular kind you like, or multiple brands if you want to try different ones. Also, be sure to register for different sizes so you don't get all newborn.

We are having some crazy weather, aren't we? We just had thunder, lightening and some hail. I do love this weather though. I hope you have a fantastic time at your shower! Enjoy your day Keslinger!!

We are having some crazy weather, aren't we? We just had thunder, lightening and some hail. I do love this weather though. I hope you have a fantastic time at your shower! Enjoy your day Keslinger!!

Thanks!
And, yes, the weather has been nuts. We had a tornado touch down up here in the valley (not too close to me)... I love the thunder and lightning. I guess last night there were 8 lightning strikes to hit the bay bridge alone... there are some awesome pics I've seen of some of the lightning. They had shown in like 15 minutes on the news that there were over 100 lightning strikes in the SF area... by the time the big part of the storm hit us we were going to bed. I love watching it, though.

I am so glad I did a diaper raffle! I have lots of diapers. Huge money saver.

Keslinger- people never follow the registry. I am positive you will get stuff you had on there, they just don't know how to "check it off the list" especially the online ones. But I think people just buy what they think will look cute on the baby regardless of what you think LOL. If I would have known only 10-15% of what I put on the registry would be bought I wouldn't have spent so much time putting it together!!

Speaking of pain, holy crap, I am about miserable now. Hurts to do everything. Even getting in and out of the car, walking, ugh.

The diaper raffle sounds awesome! I might have tO do that.. :) well I'm about to head to the gym and attempt the elliptical after about 3 mos of not goin to the gym at all.. 6 mos preggo.. Wish me luck ladies !! Lmbo

Great news!!!!

I passed my 3 hour GTT!!! :) apparently my 1 hour test result was 191...holy cow! I had a fasting blood level in the low 70s and my one hour draw was in the 190s again. But after that they all dropped to under the limit by at least 20! I was so happy to know my body can handle sugar. :) after I saw the results we met with a different midwife and she tried to tell me I had GD because of the first blood draw. She told me no more ice cream and junk food, no refined ANYTHING and that I need to go on a low fat low calorie diet because I'm a 'big lady' and my baby is going to grow too big!the thing is I normally don't eat junk food, except french fries once a week! She just assumed I did because I'm fat. :( My fundal height is 34 right now, and that could be simply because I took the 1 hour test and the three hour test in the time between my appointments. The baby got more sugar in 5 minutes than it normally gets in days.

Ugh. Anyway, all my other labs came back AWESOME, except for my thyroid. My blood pressure has gone up a little but its not at a level that is worrying. I actually lost two pounds, but I know its because I've started walking again since my ankle isn't excruciatingly painful anymore.

I hope your showers all go awesome ladies!

The diaper raffle sounds awesome! I might have tO do that.. :) well I'm about to head to the gym and attempt the elliptical after about 3 mos of not goin to the gym at all.. 6 mos preggo.. Wish me luck ladies !! Lmbo

Please be careful with the gym thing. You're really not supposed to work out hard especially since you're almost 3rd trimester... as far as I am aware you're only supposed to be doing light cardio. I dunno about you but the elliptical for me is not light cardio! Just make sure you're in tune with your body because you will tire out a lot faster than you expected and you shouldn't push yourself. I just worry because some people are so concerned with staying fit that they don't understand that their bodies are a 180-degree change from what they're used to.

Please be careful with the gym thing. You're really not supposed to work out hard especially since you're almost 3rd trimester... as far as I am aware you're only supposed to be doing light cardio. I dunno about you but the elliptical for me is not light cardio! Just make sure you're in tune with your body because you will tire out a lot faster than you expected and you shouldn't push yourself. I just worry because some people are so concerned with staying fit that they don't understand that their bodies are a 180-degree change from what they're used to.

There's not a restriction on exercise at all with the caveat that you continue the level of activity you always have had. Jumping on the elliptical after 3 months of doing nothing can be dangerous.

Oh definitely. Thanks for the info ladies, I know I didn't explain myself well, my body is very used to working out. And the elliptical was always my go to machine. I use to do an hr or more almost everyday. After I got pregnant I sorta stopped but I do get walking in everyday. 30-50 mins plus just the normal walking an runnin around I do. I wanted to go back to the gym and with my level of activity before my dr told me to go for it. I only rode for about 15 mins today. I'm not going to push myself or do anything to hurt babyboy. Just want to make sure I stay active! :)

Baby shower was great, although the stuff we still need is almost overwhelming.
If I buy stuff for pumping then I end up not having money for nursing bras. =\ If I buy the nursing bras I don't have stuff to store milk in, etc. Yikes. I'm so glad OH is getting more hours now, hopefully we'll be able to balance things a bit. I have 4 weeks of work left and after that money is going to be TIGHT! haha, gotta love the benefits, but, at least I get some. We did get a bunch of stuff... very thankful for all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->