Plus-Size Pregnancy

AFM, OH picked me up from work yesterday (as he always does)... we turned the corner to go down a side street to get on the freeway.

And he starts talking to me by saying
"you know I love you a lot right?"
"like a lot?"
"and, you know I'd do anything for you?"
"and, you're my future baby mama..." (haha)
"and, my future wife"
"and, you know that I want to marry you, right?"

So, then he says,
"here's a box, there's nothing in it right now... but as soon as I can afford it I'm going to put a nice ring in there for you..."

"but, until then..."
(He reached into the door of the car)
"I want you to wear this one"

So, he gave me a promise ring. =) It's gorgeous. I need to get it resized so I won't be wearing it for a few weeks. But... <3 !

Awwe so sweet !

Very sweet Kes, good man there :)

Our engagement was kind of an agreed upon thing because hubby was deploying and time wasn't on our side, our wedding was kinda fast-paced and secret too, I wish I could go back and do it over but it wouldn't be for a few years at least.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, it really means a lot to me. I thinl that those are all such sweet stories!

I cant remember if i told this story already, lol. My OH planned out this amazing proposal with one of our favorite bands at Disneyland. It ended up raining ALL DAY and every one of their sets was cancelled! We were both soaking wet and he just proposed in the middle of main street with no one there except for a custodian. :) we planned our wedding but there was a ton on family drama so we eloped and told no one for a while! It was really nice.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it was a fluke and you're just fine :)

I'm here now and I've had two blood draws already. I feel okay, no weird side effects so far. *knock on wood* hopefully that's a good sign.

AFM, that "promise" ring, turned into an engagement ring right after it was sized. ;) Hehe.

And, what I thought were allergies kicking my butt from out weather going back and forth turned into a cold. WTF. My baby shower is Saturday. I can't even load up on Vitamin C! - they say that any more than the recommended amount (I think the max is 2000 a day) in EARLY pregnancy can cause a miscarriage. And, in LATE pregnancy can cause premature labor. D'oh. I loved those emergen-c thingies before I got pregnant but haven't touched them since I have been. Man oh man. Being sick sucks but being sick and pregnant is HORRIBLE. x.X

AFM, that "promise" ring, turned into an engagement ring right after it was sized. ;) Hehe.

And, what I thought were allergies kicking my butt from out weather going back and forth turned into a cold. WTF. My baby shower is Saturday. I can't even load up on Vitamin C! - they say that any more than the recommended amount (I think the max is 2000 a day) in EARLY pregnancy can cause a miscarriage. And, in LATE pregnancy can cause premature labor. D'oh. I loved those emergen-c thingies before I got pregnant but haven't touched them since I have been. Man oh man. Being sick sucks but being sick and pregnant is HORRIBLE. x.X

I'm sick as a dog. It started out as what I thought was just allergies too. We finished gutting the bathroom on Friday, and I had that sneezy feeling, but I thought it was just from all the dust we stirred up in there or allergies since he mowed the grass that day too. I guess not, cause I haven't been able to get off the couch since Saturday. Sinuses, sore throat, and now muscle aches. I had a low grade fever yesterday, but it went away fairly quickly. All the drainage is making me throw up, & I just want to BREATHE! lol And he's been in there dealing with that bathroom alone all weekend because I was too sick to help at all.

Kes- my Dr said dayquil and tylenol cold/sinus are fine, if that helps you out at all. it took the edge off for me anyway. I hope you get better!

I wish I would've known... Its not on my "list" for some reason. I bought some robitussin cough and I have benadryl and tylenol. Lol I hope this passes quickly! I gave it to OH too

The Dayquil and Tylenol cold/sinus wasn't on my list either! My Dr said pretty much any cold med that doesn't have ibuprofen (like Advil cold is a no-no) or alcohol (Nyquil) is safe. I think its just because we're so far along enough now that its not going to harm baby. Jackson was definitely quieter in there when I was taking the cold meds because we were both zombies but I don't know what I would have done without it!

How long did morning (all day) sickness last for you ladies? I was hoping for some relief soon. But it seems to be as strong as ever. :-/

How long did morning (all day) sickness last for you ladies? I was hoping for some relief soon. But it seems to be as strong as ever. :-/

I thought come 12 weeks it would magically disappear. It did for a day or 2 then came back worse than ever but went away about 14 weeks.

Oh, dear, sorry. :/ I had it from 7 weeks until mid-way through week 18. Felt like it would never be through, but then it just...stopped. Now it's much, much better! Good luck for yours to end soon.

I never did the morning sickness thing either. I do have heartburn from hell so I take pepcid

I had it, but fingers crossed I think its passed.

Wow I am in pain!! Got major groin pain down my left inner thigh! Makes me waddle!!

I know some people who had it clear up by 13-14 weeks and go away completely, and, I know others who were sick for the entire pregnancy. I hope yours goes away soon. I've gotten sick a couple of times but it was all bile acids from having an empty belly and getting up and moving around too much with nothing in my tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->