Plus-Size Pregnancy

Right I understand if you've been working out a lot its fine but like she had said it had been 3 months. That's a big break. Just saying, sorry.

@Kendra, I'm so jealous you're only like a week away from being full term!

LOL, I love feeling her and everything but I can't wait for her to be here. I wouldn't be surprised if she comes a week or two early.

On a different note..
What does everyone still need for their LO?

We need a swing, playpen, and pumping/nursing supplies. As well as little stuff that's not a big deal to swing by the store and get. Unforunately we're down to about 300 left to spend. Thinking we're going to get the swing today and some stuff from target for pumping/nursing. I need milk storage bags and some bottles to pump into. Then next paycheck get the playpen. We'll see. ;) I know there are a few packs of diapers I want to trade in for a different type.

I don't like Baby Dry/Snug & Dry... so going to trade the baby dry size 2 for swaddlers size 2, and the snug & Dry size 1 for little snugglers... we have pampers swaddlers, huggies little movers, huggies little snugglers, luvs, target brand and parents choice lol

I got my swing at target for a killer deal!

All I need is breast pump stuff. The other stuff can wait til he's a bit older.

Sweet. My mom just let me know that the pump has about 6 bottles and caps in it, which should be fine for now. I'm going to get a couple of larger size bottles depending on what's in there and some storage bags.

The swing we're getting from Babies R Us 'cause we have a fantastic coupon for there. I guess we don't "need" that much, but there's some stuff that would be great to have that we don't have yet. In time. We've got 8 weeks til she's due but it feels like crunch time. LOL

All I have is a few onsies, socks, and a breast pump. I got the aveda double pump. My step mom has a bassinet I'm not supposed to know about, so there's that. We have to pay off our midwife bill at 36 weeks, and I'm STILL waiting for my fsa disbursement. Its about $3000. If we get that in time we'll only owe $2000 which we can do. Otherwise it'll be $5000 and we're going to have to borrow some cash. I'm hoping that we get cash for our baby shower-my in laws gave us $500 for our wedding and my dad gave us $1000 so it would really help. We're down to eating a lot of pasta right now. Once we pass 36 asks we'll focus on getting more stuff for the baby. We're cloth diapering too so no diaper raffle for us, but I've been entering diaper contests like mad.

Anyone else diabetic? I had 1/2 of my pancreas removed 12 years ago. So it was inevitable that I would one day I would become diabetic. and it happened 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my first son. Anyway....I got my A1C back and it was 5.7!! I am so excited!!! That is the lowest I have ever had. I do take insulin which helps a lot, but I have never had my number this low :) So excited!

Anyone else diabetic? I had 1/2 of my pancreas removed 12 years ago. So it was inevitable that I would one day I would become diabetic. and it happened 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my first son. Anyway....I got my A1C back and it was 5.7!! I am so excited!!! That is the lowest I have ever had. I do take insulin which helps a lot, but I have never had my number this low :) So excited!

Sweet, congratulations!!! I'm diabetic, type 2, diagnosed 12 years ago. I'm under the best control of my life, too, it's so nice to see good numbers! My last A1C in March was 5.5, I was so proud! :D

Yay Kendra! I'm so excited for you.

Anyone else feel like the baby causing an earthquake in there? These kicks and stretches and rolls are insane!

Thought I'd share my first preggo picture though I look more like I'm just getting fatter. I am actually down 13 lbs due to morining sickness. Heres me at 14+1

Attachments

• tn.jpeg
    tn.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 42
Had my 32/33 week check-up today. Everything is going great. She had trouble feeling the top of my uterus but wasn't concerned at all. We got a nice strong heartbeat - I let her know she's been mostly on my right side and sure enough, that's where she was. My doctor said "Mom knows best!" She also told me that I'm making pregnancy look easy. Hah. Not quite. LOL My blood pressure is still doing well and I got my TDAP boostered today. I have a growth scan in 2 weeks and they'll check my blood pressure then, too. My next appointment is in 3 weeks. After that I go every 2 weeks. Unfortunately 2 days before my due date is my last scheduled appointment and it's with a different doctor (the other one that I like)... but that's fine. I gained like 3 pounds since my last appointment (which is just shy of 3 weeks ago)... my doctor is happy with the gain.

We discussed pain management and hospital stuff. She said that because of my blood pressure issues in the past the will most likely have me hooked up to monitors and then further discussed epidural, possibility of c-section in certain circumstances, fetal monitoring etc.

I've had a few braxton hicks a day, nothing consistent. Baby is still super low and presumably head-down. Last night I had a REALLY bad backache, I was trying to use the heating pad and it wasn't working because I couldn't lay on my back and be comfortable. So, I tried sitting up and having it behind me, that didn't work. I ended up getting frustrated from the pain and inability to get comfortable. OH asked if I wanted him to hold it there, I said no. He reached over and put some pressure on my lower back and that felt good. I ended up laying on my side and he held the heating pad on there with pressure and it felt amazing. I'm glad he didn't get frustrated with me and give up on it.

We started our child-birth prep class on Monday night, last night we had our newborn care class. For those of you who don't know, after breastfeeding is established they actually recommend using a pacifier after the baby is 1 month old for naps/sleeping, it helps prevent SIDS. Our childbirth prep classes continue every monday through the middle of May and we have a breastfeeding class to take, too. At our first child-birth class we learned some relaxation techniques, one was a meditation type thing and the other was a massage. We ended the class with that which was awesome. I have some reading to do for the class but I have until Monday to do it. We're supposed to practice a relaxation technique every night.

My dad is buying our travel system for us, and we're still waiting on the mattress from his sister. I can't wait to set her bed up all the way. One of my coworkers got us a gift, too. It's a bouncy chair, zoo themed, super cute. We also got an ultimate crib sheet, and the snug-a-bunny swing, a changing pad and changing pad cover the other night. We still plan on getting a play pen of sorts in the next couple of weeks. Still a few things I'd love to get but we're getting there. We also returned the diapers we didn't want to try and got ones we'd like, returned the cracked tub for a new one... and I bought a pack of resuable breast pads, disposable ones, nipple cream, and breast milk storage bags... oh, and a pack of milk bibs.

Next thing I need to get are some nursing bras. =)

I keep feeling like I have all this time to stretch stuff out and buy it, but then I think about it... I'm full term in about 4 weeks. Due in just under 7. Yikes. not that much time at all.

We were thinking about moving into a different 1 bedroom apartment here, they were going to accomodate us greatly but I really can't see moving and cleaning everything at 36+ weeks pregnant. It was just going to be more convenient living on the first floor not having to go up all those stairs. But, we're good where we're at. We also have an extra cat that can't be seen on the 2nd floor.

Yay Kendra! I'm so excited for you.

Anyone else feel like the baby causing an earthquake in there? These kicks and stretches and rolls are insane!

Haha, I describe it like that often. I can't wait until she's here. <3

The only nursing bra I have found that I actually like I got on the motherhood website. I have gotten ones from walmart and target now and both of them fit weird :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->