Plus Size & TTC. Who's With Me?

Ladies, I am using the smep this cycle. I am currently on cd 19 with a typically 32-34 day cycle. I have been using opks for 3 month and have always gotten a strong positive around time of ovulation starting around cd 19. I had been using fmu when testing but read the other day that that isn't always the best. So the past 2 days I used second morning urine and the test or control is not at all dark. The control isn't even dark. For tomorrow morning, which should be day before ovulation, should I do fmu? May just do both but was wondering if any of you ladies ever had tha problem. Thanks!

Byhisgrace: that's amazing news, so soon as well! Good luck :) x

Mcrobinson: I have always read that you should not use first morning urine, because everyone has a high peak of lh that time of day, so could make a false positive :/.
X

Mcrobinson - I use the Target brand of OPKs and they specifically state to use FMU. It might depend on your brand. I'd read the directions and see.

I know currently, I am on CD11 and I usually ovulate anywhere between CD13 and CD16. My Target brand OPKs are still negative, but I'm not due to ovulate for another at least another 2 days.

Grace: what exciting news!!! GL! FX!

i was always told to use opk's same time everyday mid day.

Hi ladies!!! Wow I've missed a TON since I was on here last. (lost thread). I'm about 9DPO I think. lol. Waiting for AF to show up. I don't think we caught the egg this cycle, which is a bummer. But there is always next month. I'm not positive when to expect AF since my cycle hasn't totally stabilized yet. We will see how long this cycle is. I havent gone over 42 days though so I have it marked to test after that if I don't get AF.

Grace, super exciting!

Mrs. LCS How are you feeling?

I've been told to use OPKs with first and mid-day urine for best results. I guess every dr is different.

Welcome back.
I was expecting af too lol...fx!
Feeling alright..I get mildly queezy at night..that's about it

I think tomorrow I'm just going to do fmu and mid day. It won't hurt anything I guess! Thanks ladies! Really praying we catch that egg this month AND it sticks!

I cannot remember the last time I felt so bloated. My pants and shirts all feel too tight and I keep having pains on my right side.... blah...

Ok, cd 22 now. Took a opk with fmu today and it was positive so we bd an hour later. 4 hours later it was negative. So either I ovulated in that short time or my fmu is stronger. I'm curious as to what it'll be like tomorrow. I usually get 2-3 days of positive opks but I always take them in the morning. Maybe I'm getting false positives because I'm doing them with fmu and that's why I haven't been able to pinpoint o yet.

Also, I have my yearly "favorite" appointment tomorrow and I'm kind of anxious about it. Tell me if this is stupid. I don't want my girly bits messed around with this close to ovulation cause I feel like this could be our month! I know they don't do anything that would mess with ovulation or anything but I just want the only thing coming near me being dh. Weird I know.

I get exactly the same around ovulation time, putting off having hot baths etc in case it causes me not to o! X

Yeah, my OPKs have been a bit off this month, too! I usually get a few +s, even with FMU. My predictor thingy says I should have O'd today through Sunday. I'm on CD14 today and in the past have ovulated CD13-CD16. My OPKs are negative and no thermal shift. Today was the first day that my OPK color line was starting to shift. Who knows!

I also started back with all my vitamins (including b6) this month. Perhaps they're delaying everything.

Mrs. LCS I hope you continue to not get too much nausea! :)

I'm about 13dpo and awaiting AF's arrival. No idea when she will really arrive. :)

Ash, how are you feeling today!? Ive been really bloated up until today. now just a little crampy.

Ugh - I'm so confused.

I am on day THREE of positive OPKs and CD17. I typically have a 27-28 day cycle and ovulate around CD13.

The only thing I can think of, and hoping for, is that the B6 and B Complex has extended everything in my cycle? Thoughts?

Ok ladies, I want your input on this. I'm currently cd 26 of an average 34 day cycle. I have been ttcing for 3 cycles now and still haven't been able to pinpoint ovulation. According to my calendar I should of o'd cd 21. Cd 22 I got a positive opk. I had a yearly checkup at my gyn on cd 23 and she pulled some labs to see if I was ovulating and some other thing. Before I got those results back I continued doing my daily opks just to see how they came back. Cd 24 and 25 ALL day I got VERY positive opks. I decided to go get one of the clear blue opk with the smiley faces and with that same urine they came back with low fertility! Why would I get such conflicting results? I got a call from my dr. Today saying my lh and fsh were high on cd 23 which would mean I was prob. about to ovulate. So why would I have gotten those positives so late? We were trying the smep method this month but because I couldn't pinpoint ovulation we just dtd like bunnies the week of o. Any input on this ladies? I have read that you could get positive opks during pregnancy, could that be it??

Finally - I O'd! My temp spiked this morning. To all those that suggested temping, I love it! I'm a detail oriented control freak, so it's delightful for me to have such data. :) Now I'm into that delightful TWW! The good news is that DH and I bd the 4 days prior to ovulation and then again last night.

MCR - I would definitely suggest temping. It's a much easier way to confirm ovulation. Combined with the OPK and my temps I was able to pinpoint that I did in fact ovulate. I personally believe that DH and I have been missing my ovulation since I was going by the "fertile window" and OPKs alone. From my understanding, there is always LH flowing through your system which can give a false positive and often women with PCOS (not sure if you have) have a hard time getting accurate results with OPKs. I also get positive OPKs for 3 days. You may have caught the VERY beginning of the surge at the DRs and then the middle/end at home.

And then again, you can always POAS and see if you're preggo! :)

Hello Ladies! So my apt got moved to tomorrow:( my husband is an EMT and yesterday work told him he needed to come in today. Luckily I was able to just move the apt as the FS is booked for months! I have a good feeling about this as it has been so easy to get an apt. then move it! I was worried about my weight but found some encouraging words on someone's blog! Also for those of you temping I only get a period when I use provera so will the temping be accurate for me to tell me when I O?

Blessings & Babydust,

BHG - that's awesome they were able to just move your appt to the following day! Very exciting! I'm also glad that my blog brought you some comfort. <3

I'm not familiar with Provera, so can't speak on that.

If you haven't found https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ - I'd check it out. It's pretty neat and explains A LOT.

I think it's definitely a question worth asking in your apt tomorrow!

Hi ladies, new here and TTC #1. Hope you don't mind a newbie jumping in. Feeling like I am taking on an impossible goal sometimes and it sure would help to have likeminded people to talk to and support

Hello and Welcome!!! You are from my state! I have not yet found another CT girl on here! Don't worry BnB is awesome and you will find some great advice, support and some fun on here!

Blessings & Babydust,

Good evening ladies!

Expecting so glad you finally O'd! I think I might start temping, but i'm afraid i will start to obsess.

I'm currently on CD 38 Some slightly sore nipples, which is abnormal for me. And I'm just exhausted today, but that could be bc of work being stressful this week.

Welcome Bookwrmgal!

BHG So glad you were able to move your appointment!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->