Poas

Cinnamon

Reaction score
For some of you it might be thinking a bit in advance, for me too, still 10 months to go, but I've thought about a couple of things for a while:

1) When you start TTC, will you do your home pg test with OH as a together thing? Did you do it when you had you're :bfp: if you already have a baby?

I have two options, doing the test on my own and leaving a surprise at home for DH to find and guess I'm pg or tell him I'm testing after :witch: doesn't show up and stare at the stick together... I will prob go for option number two as I'm sure I'll be so excited I'll need him around and also I wouldn't want to leave him out or miss his face when he realizes. Will prob cry together and everything, we are ever so emotional!!!

2) How about you ladies and what was your experience if you've had it?

No matter how much I think about it, I'm sure I won't be able to guess the real feeling I have when it happens...so looking forward to it. xxxxxxx

I've done 2tests in the past and not wanting to stress Hubby out due to crap timing I did them alone but a few months ago I thought I was pregnant and shared my thoughts with Hubby and we got a test and did it together. We were a bit disappointed to find it was negative but then I thought it would be.

I've always wanted to do the test, take a picture of it on my mobile phone and text Hubby the picture! :D

Wow, that sounds great!!! I so love giving him surprises, but I don't know if I could do it without being able to see his face. Maybe go to his workplace, find him without him seeing me and then text it. See his face and when he sees it and then appear from behind a bush for a hug. (He's a gardener in the hotel I work for and the gardens are enormous so I guess I could do that...).

I'd love to surprise my OH when it does eventually happen but my OH would go mad if I did it without him . . .

I've done a few after contraception messed my periods up
&& he was there with me

= ]

I would love to test alone and then do something special to tell hubby that he's going to be a daddy! :) xx

Cinnamon, how do you always come up with such great thread starters?!

I have thought about this before. I have taken a couple in the past (was very ill before and after we got married and although I didn't think it was going to be positive, I needed to rule it out) and I did them alone. DH knew about them and I text him straight away, but when were TTC things would be different and I think I'd like him to be there, simply to see his face.

Ooh, I could record it! That's be one way to start a dvd of our childs life; their Dad passing out :rofl:

I know DP would like to be there but I think I'd like to test alone, then when i get a BFP, I'd go to the football store and buy either a tiny pair of socks for the team DP supports, then pop them on his pillow for when he gets home or buy a tiny pair of booties for the team DP supports and line up his trainers, my trainers and baby's booties in a row in the hall way for when he gets home

Cinnamon, how do you always come up with such great thread starters?!

I have thought about this before. I have taken a couple in the past (was very ill before and after we got married and although I didn't think it was going to be positive, I needed to rule it out) and I did them alone. DH knew about them and I text him straight away, but when were TTC things would be different and I think I'd like him to be there, simply to see his face.

Ooh, I could record it! That's be one way to start a dvd of our childs life; their Dad passing out :rofl:

I don't know, it just pops up in my head when I'm reading other posts, thanks but I've had lots of unsuccessfull threads too, hehe:hug:

I like the recording idea it sounds so much fun. DH is so emotional he'd prob cry a river together with me... Such a pair of softies!!!

My period was a day late the last time - so i got a clear blue digi and done it myself in the toilet then walked in and handed it to DH - who threw his arms around me :D:D :bfp: then he took a day off work the following day coz we were so excited and sat up all night talking about it - then ended up going a drive in the car til 4am !!!!

This time round i will b doing the test with him in the toilet

:hug:

Ok, I've decided I'll poas, then take a pic, then go to DH's job and leave a mini skate board or surf board (instead of tiny trainers and he's not into football) in his locker. Then when he finds it when he finnishes his shift I'll send him the pic to his mobile and when his face lights up, I'll apear behind a bush for a hug!!! Complicated? :saywhat:Hehe. xxxxxxx

What an awesome threat... I know im meant to be 'lurking' because of exams but just couldnt resist!
I would probably test alone and do something special for my OH, I reckon It would have something to do with areoplanes seeming as that is his life and he loves it...
I might even get a pair of socks and ask one of his workmates to place it on the seat of his plane before he goes on a trip. :)

good thread.

xxx

my suggestion is to do the test alone and then share with your DH and cry together, trust me, this cry will be your most memorable one for the rest of your life :)

I guess my OH will be with me when I test unless he's working. If he was at work, i'd either wait until he got back and pretend I haven't done it yet and do another test or i'd text him. He's not the kind of guy to get excited. I'd probably make more effort telling his parents and my mom lol.

Haha, My mobile is too old to send any pictures other then ASCII xD.

I actually don't know how I handle this but I could imagine the doing it alone and show later emthod.

Great thread! I asked Dh if he'd want to be there and he said he's not fussed and that he'd like me to tell him in some way. So, I need to get my thinking caps on.

I might see if I can buy something when were in the US in preparation, and then give it to him when the bfp comes along. I wonder if they do a Pooh t-shirt or something which has some form of 'Daddy' on it... Hmm this is going to be fun to plan :happydance:

im sure i read a post on here once that a girl did the test on her own and then wrote in lipstick on her tummy "guess what's in here...?!" and sent the pic to her OH's fone!!

...how cute!!! xxxx

im sure i read a post on here once that a girl did the test on her own and then wrote in lipstick on her tummy "guess what's in here...?!" and sent the pic to her OH's fone!!

...how cute!!! xxxx
Awww - how sweet :) I bet there's been some lovely ways of telling OH's :D

I tested on my own with Caitlin but shouted OH straight into the toilet with me, neither of us could believe it even though we kinda already knew.

With Thomas I did it myself at work.

I had been due my :witch: on the Sunday but had been feeling sick all weekend but put it down to having been out Thursday night and Sunday night! (Didnt know I was PG and didnt think I was either!) OH said on the Monday he thought I was PG I just laughed at him and told him I'd been drinking too much that was all (I used to drive everywhere and my friends suprised me with a paid taxi on a night out on the Sunday and had quite a bit to drink. All day the Monday I was thinking maybe OH was right as :witch: still hadn't shown up and I was always regular. Dropped OH at work on the Tuesday morning and called in at the chemist on my way to work, took the test in the loos at work not expecting it to be :bfp: but it was! Phoned OH and asked him to meet me for dinner we needed to talk.

Met for dinner and I showed him my :bfp: we were both shocked as we had been trying for nearly 6 months! But after the initial shock we were both excited! :)

Sorry for the essay :blush:

...how cute!!! xxxx

That is soooo sweet! :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"