POLL: How Long Did It Take You To Conceive?

I was on the pill for nearly 15 years, from the age of 17.

I stopped taking it in May 10, and we waited until I had a natural period then started trying - which was begining of July and got a BFP in Dec.....which I was not expecting, thought it would take a lot longer.

it took us 3 months to conceive and didn't use anything apart from the asda ovulation tests which i found brilliant and got pregnant instantly with those. used them the month i conceived!!! :) would recommend them to anyone!

I was on the pill for about 10 years. Came of it for 10 months, then fell pregnant first cycle of ntnp !

first month ttc and was also first month off of the pill - we were very very lucky.

first month ttc and was also first month off of the pill - we were very very lucky.

Emily.. I hope that I am as lucky as you!! Too bad not everyone can have your luck. Congrats to you on your expected little one!

I was on the pill from age 16 to 23, took me a year to fall with the first (ended in mmc :() I got my BFP this time round begining of Jan which was another 6 months after losing the first.

I am super excited that I got such a great response on this thread. Sometimes you only hear the horror stories about TTC and you never hear the wonderful "it was so easy" stories. Thank you ladies so much on your input it gives me a positive outlook on things. I have just been so nervous that it will take forever since I have been on birth control pills for 10 yrs now but seeing all of your stories just goes to show you that eveyone is different and just because you ahve been on the pill for a long time doesnt mean it will take you years to conceive. I am not expecting to get pregnant within the first 6 months since my body is still adjusting but if it does happen we will be the happiest people in the world :happydance:
:dust:

I was on the pill from age 16 to 23, took me a year to fall with the first (ended in mmc :() I got my BFP this time round begining of Jan which was another 6 months after losing the first.

Best wishes to you. I hope you have a wonderful healthy pregnancy!

No contraception other than 'pull and pray' as someone called it! :)
Pregnant the first month trying (aged 35 with PCOS!)

No contraception other than 'pull and pray' as someone called it! :)
Pregnant the first month trying (aged 35 with PCOS!)

Congrats to you on your little appleseed!! Pull and Pray LOL thats cute I have never heard that before. Best wishes to you and your baby!

Took 2 years 7 months to get pregnant with my 2nd. WE lost that baby at 10 weeks, Took 4 more months and I am pregnant at almost 9 weeks!! My first child was a birth control baby!!!

Took me 14 months. I hadn't been on birth control for 3 years prior to TTC.

Hey ladies I am just curious about everyones situation. Here is the poll.

1. How long did it take you to conceive?
2. Did you take birth control prior to pregnancy? and if so for how long?

Just for fun ladies!!! Cant wait to see your answers.....

:hug:

With my Son trying 1mth no birth contol taken

Same with my Daughter

and 3mths with this pregnancy and no birth control again, but it was 9 weeks after a vasectomy reversal:thumbup:

Wow MrsRich you are very fortunate. Congrats to you.

Any other ladies want to share?

Took me 4 months of ttc after I stopped taking the pill. It seemed like forever at the time but looking back it happened really quickly.

I was on the bcp for 4 years, then depo for less than a year for which I quickly got off because the side effects were so bad, then I went back on the pill for 7 more years....so over 11 years total using some form of birth control. Hang in there Riggins 1017! I got pregnant on my 4th cycle off the pill and I am 30. :) Thanks so much for doing this poll.....I have always wondered how long it takes people to conceive.

1. The first month we tried!
2. No birth control ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"