Poorly baby

Clairikins

Mummy to Erin
Reaction score
Hi ladies

My lo has a viral infection and is pretty miserable and off her food. Consequently sleep is rather difficult and so I have been doing anything and everything to help her sleep, rocking her, co-sleeping etc.

What I would like to know is is it ok to throw the rules out the window when they are poorly? Will she go back to her usual (crap but better) sleeping pattern? Or will I have to teach her to sleep by herself all over again?

Hi first of all i hope LO gets better soon

my LO has just got over a cold and while she was poorly she just wanted to be held and cuddled a few nights OH slept dowstairs so LO could sleep in bed with me as it seemed she just wanted to be close. Now she is over it she has gone back into her normal routine without any help.

Hope this helps abit im sure your LO will settle back down get back in her routine.

Thanks. It's horrible seeing her so miserable. She's only a dot too so I panic about her not feeding but I've spoken to the hv and she has said she may lose some weight but she'll pick back up again. She does just want to be held at the mo which I am happy to do. Saying that, she's napping now and I am enjoying the break. Poor little thing. I think I have the same thing and feel rough so can't imagine how she is feeling. x

I think there is something going around alot of people are getting a cold which is then turning into some viral throat infection my friends little girl had this and she wasnt eating because her throat was so sore its horrible when my LO was off her food i just fed her on demand and broke her normal patteren of 4hr feeds i also gave her a tiny amount of water just to keep her hydrated and soothe her throat i know when i have a sore throat and feel poorly i dont want to eat but its so important to keep hydrated.

Well she seemed much better yesterday and I had high hopes for the night but it wasn't to be. She wouldn't sleep in her cot for longer than an hour without waking. Worried she has grown accustomed to the snuggles. At a bit of a loss really as she has only ever woken for food and I don't really know what to do when she wakes but does not want to feed. Any suggestions?

Aww poor Erin! I hope she feels better now and sleeps better soon!
It's hard to know what to do. Maybe she's not quite over it yet and needs a few more cuddles? Give it another night or two and see how it goes?

My lo had a viral infection and now has a tummy bug and is off his milk only takes 2-3oz at a time :( hope it goes away soon

I am so anxious about tonight! She has eaten well today and only one dose of calpol this morning so if she wakes lots i'll know she's formed a habit. Three nights to ruin 20 weeks of routine? seriously not fair.

Fingers crossed for tonight! I'll be thinking of you when I'm up 10 times tonight :rofl:.

Woke twice for feeds and slept til 7 - over the moon with that!

Hope your night wasn't too bad lauki! xx.

We were up at 11, 2 and 4. Then she came in bed with me because she wouldn't settle and I was too tired :haha:.

So glad Erin is feeling better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->