Poppets Baby & Toddler Gear

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Edit: Please Read The Whole Thread!

hi i would advise anyone considering to order anything from this company to stop, i ordered a pram in july but was told a week later they did not have this specific pram in stock, "fair enough i thought", so i asked for a refund which they agreed to, i got told it would be back in my bank within 5 working days, so them 5 days past and nothing so i sent them an email asking why they had not refunded me and when are they planning to, i recieved nothing, so i tried to phone them again but there phone line was down. so after pretending to be someone else in an email with a different email address asking questions about a large order i got a reply the very next day!! so with this email i asked for a phone number i could get in touch with them to discuss delivery etc. they gave me a number that works so i phoned and complained why i had been ignored and what had happened to my refund (£248) i got told by the woman who answered the phone that the man incharge of refunds was in a meeting and she would have to get him to call me back, with no other choice i had to agree to this and to no suprise he never returned my call and still to this date (24/09/2008) i am unable to get in touch with them after many attempted emails and calls, total nightmare. so with me unable to get my money for my babys pram which i had saved hard for i have had to borrow money which has caused me signficent stress at this time of having a baby which i was hoping would be one of the happiest times of my life, please avoid this company (poppets baby and toddler gear) at all costs, any ideas or help you have for me to get my money back would be very welcome as i am running out of ideas and have become very frustrated

Why didn't you call the police or something? Isn't that fraud?

hi i would advise anyone considering to order anything from this company to stop, i ordered a pram in july but was told a week later they did not have this specific pram in stock, "fair enough i thought", so i asked for a refund which they agreed to, i got told it would be back in my bank within 5 working days, so them 5 days past and nothing so i sent them an email asking why they had not refunded me and when are they planning to, i recieved nothing, so i tried to phone them again but there phone line was down. so after pretending to be someone else in an email with a different email address asking questions about a large order i got a reply the very next day!! so with this email i asked for a phone number i could get in touch with them to discuss delivery etc. they gave me a number that works so i phoned and complained why i had been ignored and what had happened to my refund (£248) i got told by the woman who answered the phone that the man incharge of refunds was in a meeting and she would have to get him to call me back, with no other choice i had to agree to this and to no suprise he never returned my call and still to this date (24/09/2008) i am unable to get in touch with them after many attempted emails and calls, total nightmare. so with me unable to get my money for my babys pram which i had saved hard for i have had to borrow money which has caused me signficent stress at this time of having a baby which i was hoping would be one of the happiest times of my life, please avoid this company (poppets baby and toddler gear) at all costs, any ideas or help you have for me to get my money back would be very welcome as i am running out of ideas and have become very frustrated

Have you been into their shop? I don't live in Wrexham anymore so I can't check they are still in business. I know a few members live in Wrexham, wonder if they know anything?

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, I've seen it a little too late :-( I spent £495 in this shop (online) 2 and a half weeks ago, and my pram and other bits have not been delivered. I was told last week they were having problems with their warehouse and some deliveries were delayed but it would be dispatched on Friday ( 19/09/2008 ) the latest and delivered on Monday ( 22/09/2008 ) or Tuesday (23/09/2008 ).

Nothing has arrived yet and my husband and I have been trying to get through to them without success. Their phone just rings and goes to voicemail. The 'internet phone' does not work at all and emails go unanswered.

I looked on the micralite website and they (poppets) are listed as official stockists. On the bugaboo website too and there is a link to their site from the bugaboo website as well, so I figured they must be ok...

Obviosuly I was wrong.. :-(

I'm not sure how I should go about reporting them .... anyone?

Thank you

Odd 2 people (new signups 1 post) on same day same complaint ... eek!

Where do you girls live? The company is in Wrexham town centre. Wish I could help more!

I live in Cambridge. I tried looking for shop reviews before buying from them and didn't find anything bad (as I have with some other shops) and so I went ahead and bought my pram. And then this afternoon decided to search again since i suddenly can't seem to get through to them anymore and I found the post from jenny....

I've emailed them asking for a reply on this thread.

hi wobbles!
i dont usually use forums but i have become so angry with the situation i thought i had to warn as many people as possible about them. i live in liverpool and me and my boyfriend have decided to drive down to wrexham at the weekend to demand our money back, i have told poppets this in various emails but still no reply, the frustrating thing about it is when i sent an email enquiring about an order they emailed straight back so i know they are reading them!! like nyah, i also could not find any reviews on them so felt the need to post this even more so, it really shouldnt come down to us having to travel to wrexham to get our money back, but they are so ignorant i really dont know what else to do

just noticed i had made a mistake with the value of my order on my first post it was £248 and not £24! the order was for a chocolate lime, quattro 4 in 1 graco pram

hi wobbles!
i dont usually use forums but i have become so angry with the situation i thought i had to warn as many people as possible about them. i live in liverpool and me and my boyfriend have decided to drive down to wrexham at the weekend to demand our money back, i have told poppets this in various emails but still no reply, the frustrating thing about it is when i sent an email enquiring about an order they emailed straight back so i know they are reading them!! like nyah, i also could not find any reviews on them so felt the need to post this even more so, it really shouldnt come down to us having to travel to wrexham to get our money back, but they are so ignorant i really dont know what else to do
If you could find a shop on same street maybe they would be able to tell you if the shop is cleared out? I know theres a taxi firm across the road from them. A long shot maybe but I think I would try? ...

Bad stuff :( not what anyone needs even if its a genuine hiccup you expect a reply to your emails - I hope you girls sort it & get your pennies back.

jenny, do they regularly have problems with their "internet phone"??

I live too far away to justify the trip (plus am heavily pregnant!!) but I would really appreciate it if you could update the post and let us know whether the store is really there and that they are really even still in business?

Did you girls pay with credit card??

If you did contact your bank - they can dispute the payment some banks will giv eyou it back pretty quickly they also inform the 'company' that payment has stopped if they are bothered. You haven't had your good or response to emails no phone number either ...

Might even be worth ringng BT see if they can give you info on the broken phone line - Its a business number after all.

Just digging for ideas hmmm!

im sure they are still in business because they have replied to emails when i have pretended to be someone else asking to place a big order, and i finally got through on this number 01978313153 on monday and spoke to a woman who told me the person i need to speak to was in a meeting and would fone me back, when i first placed my order i could get through on the internet phone but the last couple of weeks just go straight to voicemail they have noted on the site that bt are having technical issues with that line! if i do end up going down there i will make them aware of your situation, and i think i should be reimbursed for travel expenses, like yourself im not in ideal circumstances for traveling as my little 6 day old son jack is now in toe!! but thankfully i dont live as far as you from them

thanks jenny. Good idea about calling a different company on the same street - I've just done that. I called a letting agent that is next door to them and she says that there is a note on their door that says that they are having a 'training day' today and will be open tomorrow. She confirmed for me that they are normally open for business 10-5... that may explain why I can't get through today...doesn't explain jennys situation obviously...

In your position I would have contacted trading standards pretty sharpish. I hope you get the situation resolved soon. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->