Poppets Baby & Toddler Gear

Hi,

I bought about £100 worth of goods back in July. I changed my mind and returned the items straight away but still haven't received my money back. I was looking for alternative contact details for them when I came accross this thread. Very worrying!

Did anyone actually receive their goods or get their money back? I'm also getting no response from their phone and the website is now down. Not looking good. Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

if you read through the thread there are all the contact details we have. They are using these people-www.mamlogistics.co.uk for distribution now so maybe try writing via them. There was a recent flurry of people getting goods and refunds so don't give up.

How did you return the goods and how did you pay. Have you got proof of postage/despatch? if you did visa debit or any credit card you should be able to get chargeback.

Hi,

Sorry I'm new to this and didn't realise there is a FURTHER TEN PAGES on these con artists!

I came accross a mobile number on the thread and just called it. The guy that answered was very shady. I definitely recognised his voice as the person i had spoken to previously re the refund however he claimed to not know what i was talking about. When I told him that one of his suppliers had given me his mobile number he was extremely keen to know who had given it out. When I askes what difference it made if he didn't know what I was talking about he was at a loss for an answer. He said he had never heard of Poppets but i don't believe a word of it...

Glad to hear people are getting their money back or recieving their goods. I'll keep trying.

Thanks

If you can organise a charge back via your bank. then go down that route. Alternatively I would email them a very shirty letter then follow up with a written letter to the registered address which is further back in this thread, not the shop) keep emailing being rude which worked for me.

Just state you had the right to cancel of the order and return of the goods for a refund, and all the details and then state what you want to happen.

I have contacted consumer direct about Poppets - I have a similar story - paid for a pushchair and accessories in June - No pushchair materialised. Unable to get through to them on the phone - no response to my e-mails, sent them a signed for letter - this was returned to me by the post office.

I contacted the official reviewer (insolvency) on 0113 200 6000 who advised me that there was a pending petition against the company - i believe that this means that someone has requested they are made insolvent / bankrupt. The company / office dealing with the insolvency request is Chester on 01244 402 750. Once I get through to them for more information I will post it on this forum

If you can organise a charge back via your bank. then go down that route. Alternatively I would email them a very shirty letter then follow up with a written letter to the registered address which is further back in this thread, not the shop) keep emailing being rude which worked for me.

Just state you had the right to cancel of the order and return of the goods for a refund, and all the details and then state what you want to happen.

Do you have their e-mail address? My replies to shop@poppets never get any response??

Hi
I hate to say it but I think contacting them via email may no longer be an option. I think I was one of the last people to get a reply and my goods and that was a good few weeks ago in october. Have you tried writing to the chester address and not the wrexham one?

How did you pay?

Jeanette

Thank you! I had a sinking feeling that e-mail communication was no longer an option - i will write to the chester address tomorrow. Will keep people posted about the insolvency case.

I have received a letter from the insolvency service advising that Poppets Ltd have been made insolvent.

The insolvency service is asking anyone to provide information about the following: undisclosed assets / debts, or about misconduct on the part of the company (directors) which contributed to the cause of the insolvency.

These may include:

Failure to supply goods or services wholly or partly paid for, resulting in a loss to creditors;
Any fraud, fraudulent trading, breach of trust or other dishonest activity in respect of the company's trading
Continuing to trade beyond a point when the directors knew or should have known, due to creditor pressure, that the company was insolvent, thereby causing increased debts to creditors.

So, if any of you are still angry enough, you could put pen to paper:

Mr P Thacker
Official Receiver
Chester
Suite 5
3rd Floor
Windsor House
Pepper Street
Chester
CH1 1DF

If it helps people may with to claim VAT bad debt relief, VAT leaflet 700/18/91.

Hi
do you think there is any chance of you getting any money back?
I got all my stuff luckily however, I definitely know that they were trading after their suppliers had pulled the plug on them as I spoke to a couple of them. I bet there were a lot of people who got stuck without stuff as their website was open a long time after they were in trouble and ceasing to fulfill orders.
Good luck any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"