Poppets Baby & Toddler Gear

Actually I find it disturbing their website is still up taking orders ...Peoples money!!

That's awful :shock: Is there anyone they can be reported to that can stop the website trading straight away? x

Hiya, same thing has happened to me! i ordered phil and teds double really needing but didnt want to spend the money but gave in! £350 pound later and no pram and now i know they have gone bust found out 2day, very upsetting!! 4 weeks i waited1 these guys are criminals, the website is still goin and they are still ripping people off! something needs to be done! i was told as i paid by debit card that wouldnt get money back from my bank etc as only credit card money could be claimed back but i contacted my bank and as it was visa debit i may be able to get it back after alot of paper work and fuss im going tomorrrow to find out, so give ur own bank a call and see if anything can be done, let me know!! good luck!!

hi i would advise anyone considering to order anything from this company to stop, i ordered a pram in july but was told a week later they did not have this specific pram in stock, "fair enough i thought", so i asked for a refund which they agreed to, i got told it would be back in my bank within 5 working days, so them 5 days past and nothing so i sent them an email asking why they had not refunded me and when are they planning to, i recieved nothing, so i tried to phone them again but there phone line was down. so after pretending to be someone else in an email with a different email address asking questions about a large order i got a reply the very next day!! so with this email i asked for a phone number i could get in touch with them to discuss delivery etc. they gave me a number that works so i phoned and complained why i had been ignored and what had happened to my refund (£248) i got told by the woman who answered the phone that the man incharge of refunds was in a meeting and she would have to get him to call me back, with no other choice i had to agree to this and to no suprise he never returned my call and still to this date (24/09/2008) i am unable to get in touch with them after many attempted emails and calls, total nightmare. so with me unable to get my money for my babys pram which i had saved hard for i have had to borrow money which has caused me signficent stress at this time of having a baby which i was hoping would be one of the happiest times of my life, please avoid this company (poppets baby and toddler gear) at all costs, any ideas or help you have for me to get my money back would be very welcome as i am running out of ideas and have become very frustrated

Just wanted to leave an update: I've just spoken to Consumer Direct and reported that the website is still trading. She has passed this on to Trading Standards who will (apparently) investigate this.

Hi
I also ordered from Poppets, they took my money then nothing....
Never answered the phone or emails!
Yesterday I called 2 other business's on the same street in Wrexham, who told me Poppets were not there anymore. They last saw someone in the shop on Saturday!!!! I paid debit card so I have kissed goodbye to my money. Hopefully creditcard payers will get their money back?

hi i would advise anyone considering to order anything from this company to stop, i ordered a pram in july but was told a week later they did not have this specific pram in stock, "fair enough i thought", so i asked for a refund which they agreed to, i got told it would be back in my bank within 5 working days, so them 5 days past and nothing so i sent them an email asking why they had not refunded me and when are they planning to, i recieved nothing, so i tried to phone them again but there phone line was down. so after pretending to be someone else in an email with a different email address asking questions about a large order i got a reply the very next day!! so with this email i asked for a phone number i could get in touch with them to discuss delivery etc. they gave me a number that works so i phoned and complained why i had been ignored and what had happened to my refund (£248) i got told by the woman who answered the phone that the man incharge of refunds was in a meeting and she would have to get him to call me back, with no other choice i had to agree to this and to no suprise he never returned my call and still to this date (24/09/2008) i am unable to get in touch with them after many attempted emails and calls, total nightmare. so with me unable to get my money for my babys pram which i had saved hard for i have had to borrow money which has caused me signficent stress at this time of having a baby which i was hoping would be one of the happiest times of my life, please avoid this company (poppets baby and toddler gear) at all costs, any ideas or help you have for me to get my money back would be very welcome as i am running out of ideas and have become very frustrated

How awful! I can't believe that people can actually get away with this??

I hope you get your money back, girls! Good luck!!

Hi
I also ordered from Poppets, they took my money then nothing....
Never answered the phone or emails!
Yesterday I called 2 other business's on the same street in Wrexham, who told me Poppets were not there anymore. They last saw someone in the shop on Saturday!!!! I paid debit card so I have kissed goodbye to my money. Hopefully creditcard payers will get their money back?

I'm sorry to hear from yet another person who's been ripped off! It' terrible!! If you paid with a Visa Debit card, you may be able to claim the money bank from your bank using the Visa Chargeback Scheme. Thats what me and some others are trying to do to get our money back. Good luck!

nyah x

Hi, i have just been reading about your experiences with Poppets - i am in the same position. We ordered over £500 worth of goods on the 1st August, being told they would be delivered on the 18th! After many phone calls i finally received my pram (babystyle 3 in 1) on the 2nd September but was told that the car seat and adaptors were on a delay and should be here no later than 2 weeks, i gave them the benefit of the doubt but as i had still not received the car seat, adaptors and wooden cot with mattress a week after my due date(23 Sept)!! despite seveal phone calls to the shop, being told someone would call me back and they never did, i decided to take a 60 mile round trip to the shop and sort it out face to face. I couldn't believe it when i got there and there was a sign in the window (as shown above) - i just wanted to cry! i went into the letting shop next door (it would appear i wasnt the first unhappy customer to have gone in there) she told me it had been open on saturday and people actually shopping in there!

So here i am left with no car seat, adaptors, mattress and a cot - suppose i am lucky to have had my pram and lucky that my baby is over a week late! I have managed to order the same car seat through Diane at Babyland in Shotton - who is absolutley lovely - i just wish i had gone there to order all the items. It is going to be here within the next few days but have had to pay for it again.

I am not going to leave it at this though, i intend to notify the police as what this shop has done is wrong - quite frankly it's deception and he cannot get away with it.

I will keep you posted as to how i get on with the police/trading standards etc.

...and they are STILL listing stuff as 'in stock' on their website!!

Really hope everyone who has bought stuff from them and not received it finds a way to get their money back :( x

I am shocked! I emailed them about placing an order online and they replied straight away saying it would be delivered next week! I was hoping they might admit that they were no longer trading, even if the website does still appear to be running! Maybe the company does still exist though and they've just had to close down their shop if they're having financial problems?! :shock:

Hi all,
I also have lost £275 to Poppets,I looked at reveiws of all the shops that were selling Mutsy and poppets had good reviews and had a good deal so a week later I ordered our pushchair,Satuarday 27th September.
I wanted to check the status through the track your order and it stated paid for on the 27th,order created 29th,Order picked from shop 29th-I thought great should be here before Friday!
Yesterday after nothing had come I tried to contact them and got nothing sent emails before then aswell just to confirm it had been dispatched and no reply.
I thought I would see if they had another number and came across this site and now know our money has gone along with the shop!
I cant believe the shop online is still running and as it seems they shut the shop on Saturday so they took my money without being in business-so very cross and gutted that this has been allowed to happen!Has anyone had any luck with getting there money back that didnt get paid for by Credit card as I paid on my switch card!
Sad that so many of us have been ripped off!
Best wishes to you all x

just read sam's mums post - i cant believe it! PURE CHEEK! If it was the case though that the shop was closed but website still legite then surely it would have mentioned it on the sign by referring ppl to the website rather than just saying they are now closed.

If the webshop is still open then half you girls should still be getting your orders.

Something has to be done about these people - have any of you actually rang trading standards direct?

Details from website:

Contact Us

General Enquiries
Phone: 05600 752587
Fax: 01978 313153
Email: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: Due to BT having technical issues our internet phone is currently unavailable. If you would like to contact us you can do so via our E-mail address listed above. We appologise for any inconvenience caused.

Address

Poppets
4 King Street
Wrexham
LL11 1LE

This website is still trading and is blaming BT technical issues for phone problems!! :huh:
Hope you manage to get your money back! x

Interesting that they'll reply straight away if you're asking about placing an order, but if you're chasing up one you've placed they don't reply at all

This company is actually advertising in this months issue of pregnancy and birth

For those that missed it.
This is the address they have the website registered to:

26 Norton Ave
Saltney
Chester
Flintshire
CH4 8UD

Hope you get in contact with them soon.

Just to add that Poppets have been advertising in this months Pregnancy & Birth so no idea what they're up to if they're website is still up and running and they are still paying for advertising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->