Poppets Baby & Toddler Gear

Hmmm i think they are still in buisness, its strange really because i've never had any problems with them?? They always seem really nice, but if you want i can check fri, possible tomorrow if i go into town x

Think that would really help Kaci ;) Incase they don't get to see message in time.

ive tried phoning again today but the phone is permanetley engaged seems like they have left it off the hook

I've just tried ringing too. It's sometimes engaged and when it's not enagaged, it just rings - no answer, no voicemail.

just found out through trading standards that beacause i paid with a visa debit card, theres something called a visa chargeback that can take the money back, i just have to write a letter to my bank with all the details and i should recieve my money back shortly after! Finally i can see light at the end of this whole stressful experience,
I DEFINATELY WILL NEVER BE USING THIS COMPANY AGAIN,
hope you were using a visa debit nyah, x

I'd ring them - they took a refund claim on over the phone with me and whist it processed I got sent a form to sign.

jenny, I paid with Visa debit as well. Thank you so much for posting about Visa Chargeback! I just got off the phone with trading standards as well, but was just told to send them (poppets) a letter, giving them "reasonable time" to deliver the goods or I would take the matter to court. Chargeback is much more appealing!

I just spoke to my bank and the advisor said it would be better for me to wait until at least 30 days after the goods were bought to put in a visa chargeback claim as there would be a higher chance I would my money back then.

Please let us know how you get on with your chargeback claim!

Goin into town in abit, i'l go have a look x

Really wish I had seen this before I placed my order with them! Luckily I have not spent as much as some of you others but still spent £70 with them on a Bugaboo footmuff which stated was in stock when I ordered! Can't believe people can get away with it, just sent them another e-mail before I saw this asking why I hadn't had a response from them, think I might send them another one threatening to go to the Police as it is theft isn't it - they have taken money and not sent the product out!

Hope everyone manages to get sorted soon!

Hi yes sorry totally forgot, they are still in buisness x

Just got a text from KACI she said she has just been into town and the shop is now closed and will update when she gets back but wanted me to post :) XxX

Just got a text from KACI she said she has just been into town and the shop is now closed and will update when she gets back but wanted me to post :) XxX

Thanks for the update! I have lost all hope of recovering my money or my mutsy pushchair from them. I have already reported them to the Trading Standards. Not sure how much good that'll do me if they up and leave from Wrexham though! I'm going to try and get my money back through visa chargeback.

I've been thinking about contacting the police as well, because this is just plain theft! Not sure if there is any point though...??

I'm very interested to find out if they've completely emptied the store and disappeared?

nyah x

Have just been given another number to try - 01978 448064 - has been engaged when I have tried but will keep trying!!

Hi ladies, well the shop was there on thursday and now it is empty except for a couple of cots near the window but otherwise nothing there, There was a sign in the window which OH took picture of so i could let you all know what it says.

It read
'We are sorry to say Poppets has now closed.

Any ongoing queries please contact manufacturers directly.

Thankyou to all our loyal customers for your support over the last two years.'

Not sure when they closed i think it was probably sat because i'm sure it was open fri- but can't be sure.

Wishing you ladies good luck in getting you money back

And thanks Ema for the update, even tho i did say the wrong section!!:dohh:
x x

Hi ladies, well the shop was there on thursday and now it is empty except for a couple of cots near the window but otherwise nothing there, There was a sign in the window which OH took picture of so i could let you all know what it says.

It read
'We are sorry to say Poppets has now closed.

Any ongoing queries please contact manufacturers directly.

Thankyou to all our loyal customers for your support over the last two years.'

Not sure when they closed i think it was probably sat because i'm sure it was open fri- but can't be sure.

Wishing you ladies good luck in getting you money back

And thanks Ema for the update, even tho i did say the wrong section!!:dohh:
x x

Thank you so much for the update. It certainly helps to know they've cleared out! I was kind of expecting this to happen...they've had negative feedback (item not delivered) on their ebay shop (which is empty) as well....Just can't believe our bad luck :cry:

I have just rung Consumer Direct and they have advised me to write to them giving them 7 - 10 days to reply stating that I want a refund within 30 days under the Distance Selling Regulations. There is a registered office address which I have been told to write to as well as the address in Wrexham on their website. The registered address is 26 Norton Avenue, Salney, Chester, CH4 8UD.

S***girls I am so sorry :(

All well and good thanking you for your custom if they didn't take your pennies with no goods! They must have known this and they still continued taking orders.

have you girls rang your banks?

Hope you come back and let us know how you got on - Would be great to know you got your money back.

Actually I find it disturbing their website is still up taking orders ...Peoples money!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->