Wrexham County Borough Council
High Street
Ruabon
Wrexham
LL14 6NH

Tel: 01978 292045
Fax: 01978 813709

e-mail: [email protected]

Our opening hours are 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 4.45pm Monday to Friday.

Advice to Consumers is provided by

Consumer Direct Wales

Tel: 08454 04 05 06
(calls at local rate)

Email: www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Their hours of opening are: 8.00am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am - 1.00pm Saturday excluding Public Holidays and Bank Holidays.

This is where they claim to be trading on the website:
Poppets
4 King Street
Wrexham
LL11 1LE
Which they are not.

Just to let you all know, I sent an email to bugaboo asking them if they could confirm that Poppets is, as far as they are aware, still trading because Poppets appeared in their list of official suppliers. I received this reply from bugaboo:

.... "Bugaboo as a company received information on monday that this store may no longer be trading, and this was confirmed in a telephone call to the store owner. As a result they have been removed from our website as an official stockist, and will no longer receive any stock from us." ...

"monday" being September 29th 2008.

Doesn't seem to me that they are still legally trading, or if they are, then they are obviously selling off leftover stock in addition to stock they don't have... I tried calling Trading Standards about the website, but was put through to Consumer Direct (who I didn't find particularly helpful). I told the woman at consumer direct about the website still trading but she didn't seem particularly bothered... I had to try quite hard for her to do anything useful, e.g. at least get the website investigated considering the circumstances, and even then all she said was that she would "notify Trading Standards"... ](*,)](*,)](*,)

I am in total utter shock. After nearly a month, weeks of silence on Poppets' part, and being lied to several times over the phone about the fact that my order had been "definitely dispatched already", my mutsy was delivered this morning!!!! :shock::shock: I coulodn't believe my eyes :shock: but I'm SO happy to finally have it!! :wohoo::happydance::happydance::happydance::wohoo:

I mailed a letter to them a while back, when I realised I may not be getting my pram or money back and I told them they had untill the 8th of October (30 days since they took payment) to deliver the Mutsy or give a full refund (on advice of consumer direct) or I would take the matter further. I don't know if that helped or not, but my pram was delivered with 2 days to spare!

Still never heard from them though...If they are honestly just having problem and have a huge back log of orders, then they sure are handling it very badly...

I really hope that you other ladies eventually receive your goods as well or at the very least manage to get your money back! xx

That must be such a relief :wohoo:

Good luck to everyone else who have ordered

Maybe they will be honouring orders ...maybe maybe its just the shop that has closed. Its a shame they haven't come on to let you know since we emailed them thinking they would correct the bad feedback they were getting - its important to any business.

hi to everyone. I am a new member and i have just registered because I am so angry with the situation. I have also order a double buggy Phil and Ted's very much needed as i have two young children and i am travelling next week on my own with them. I have made the order 21st of September and still nothing being received and the worst part that i couldn't get in contact with them, after reading your stories I know why now. I am fuming and i don't know what i could do. My husband will report them to the police today and i ll keep you all posted if i have any news

That must be such a relief :wohoo:

Good luck to everyone else who have ordered

Maybe they will be honouring orders ...maybe maybe its just the shop that has closed. Its a shame they haven't come on to let you know since we emailed them thinking they would correct the bad feedback they were getting - its important to any business.

Yes I am totally over the moon and still can't quite believe it! :wohoo: It so ridiculous that I actually feel LUCKY to finally have my pram, considering that I paid alot of money for it!

I am so sorry to hear that yet another person has been left without their goods. I can't believe they are still taking orders!!:growlmad:

If you all contact Consumer Direct / Trading standards about this store, then perhaps they'll realise there is a trend and do something (quicker) about them "doing business" in this fashion?

So relieved for you nyah! Must have been a shock to get it delivered! Maybe they are just struggling to get the last few orders out then and other people will eventually get theirs too. So much for their fast delivery they promise though..

Fingers crossed other people start getting deliveries too x

I have just spoken to Fasthosts, who host the domain - the website is in the states and outside of the hands of the UK police as far as shutting it down manually (I.E. physically removing the website) goes.

If someone has placed an order they need to phone the police - they will in turn visit Fasthosts and shut down the website from there by changing the name servers and removing the domain. The Police will also need to know that you placed an order after the company shut down.

The final thing is - has anyone seen an insolvency notice about this firm? This will confirm the business is no longer trading and is not allowed to take any cash.

Cheers,
Mr Bum... sorry - Mr Smartybum

Fasthosts are only the registrars, they wouldn't take it down anyway.
Memset LTD use Dedipower's data centre in Reading.

How terrible one thing i dont understand is if they have closed down or are selling off stock then closing the whole company then why on the website does it say they are getting the new phil and teds dash pushchair and its available from november????

i feel sorry for all you guys who have lost out on money and pushchairs this is really disgusting what ever came of it did anyone get the money back through trading standards?

it also mentions on there site that the new warehouse to support the site has just opened in september so they are obviously not thinking of closing the site already? Sounds to me like they were just hiding by closing the shop :(

Hi
My tummy flipped when I came across this thread, I spent £300 on a Mutsy and accessories on the 3rd of october expecting delivery of it on yesterday at the latest as per their 5 day delivery promise but nothing, no contact from them and no replies to my emails.

I had a feeling something was up because, I ordered a couple of accessories from another company and they have been in touch several times with estimated delivery and answers to various questions and it just seemed weird that poppets hadn't.

I am going to phone Babystyle later who are the Uk supplier of Mutsy and see if they know anything.

Its so frustrating and like most people I don't have the money to spend again.

I have just phoned Babystyle and they have confirmed that Poppets have definitely gone out of business, they were told 2 weeks ago so a few days before I place my order, like bugaboo said basically, I have a feeling that they may have owed Babystyle money too as the woman I spoke to intimated this so I am guessing that they wont be getting any more stock from them. I guess the Warehouse doesn't exist.

Oh I meant to add Babystyle gave me this mobile number for poppets 07939 282619.
I haven't had a chance to try it yet- too many screaming kids in the background.

Has anyone managed to get through on the mobile number? I keep getting answer phone surprise surprise!

Hi
No didn't manage to get through but I am getting replies to my emails because I am being quite threatening. I also contacted Protx their credit card processor and got them to ask them to contact me so maybe go down that route. if you need me to tell you how, post again and I will check later.

They keep saying I will get my order soon, I did ask them if they actually had the items in stock, so I can't understand why they dont send them.

I will try e-mailing again then I did threaten to call the police a while ago but never heard anything. How do u contact their card peeps?

Thanx

This silly site wont let me post the email address to help you until I have posted ten times which is annoying, but if you google protx then look on the contact us page for the support email address then email them on that address.

Just write an email with your order number, and a summary of what you bought, when and how much and put that they have not responded to you.

Then put the contact details for them you have tried.
Thats it really.

I got a reply from poppets the same day as protx emailed them. Protx should get back to you within 24hrs.

I have decided to wait till the 31st, if poppets don't send the pram or a refund immediately I think I will pursue it through small claims court. I paid by maestro so can't recall my money. Maybe worth you threatening them with that. I also copied a lot of stuff from the distance selling regulations because you have right to cancel and receive a refund anyway.

This silly site is spam free thats why! No you weren't posting spam but 99% of those trying to post a link with such a low post count are. Nothing a little PM to admin wouldn't have solved.

What you tried to post:

email [email protected] with merchant escalation process in the subject.

Fair enough, just 10 posts seems a rather random amount of activity to have had to have had, and i tried putting it into words and that didn't work either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->