Pram research :)

P

peabean

I'm sorry to x-post this, but I want to get as much info as possible!!

I'm researching prams, and it seems to be an absolute minefield out there, so I need as much help as I can get!!

So I'd love to know, what kind of prams you were thinking of, or have bought already (with the links would be really helpful!!) and the reasons why you picked them!!

Thanks so much in advance!!

I felt like this too! :)

I asked a few ladies on here, and then looked online. When I found the one I thought was favourite, I went into a store to try it out.

I think this is still probably the one I will go for:https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-ultima-8-in-1-mpx-chassis-city-scape/259748803/type-i/

I have some things to consider which wouldn't apply to most folks, but what I liked about this pram was:

• You can strip it right down to the chassis (no chair left attached for when you collapse it or want to put a baby seat on it alone)

• You get car seat, lay flat basket, and seat (and all three allow baby to face you)

• All covers are removable for washing

• The MPX chassis has swivel front wheels (you can steer with your upper arms, rather than pushing down and twisting with fixed wheels)

• There's also a frame for indoors which all 3 'seats' attach to, giving you a high level chair etc.

• Maybe this should be #1... the seat/basket sits on the chassis quite high compared to some others. They were just too low down for me to feel happy picking bubs up... so FAR less back strain with this pram

There are some other prams that cover 1-5... Silvercross have one which comes with change bag and rain cover etc included (and is cheaper) but once I got into the store I realised I just could not live with the release buttons on that one.

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for other options - although these systems are ridiculously expensive... the 2nd hand ones on ebay are really well kept.

I really like the release catches on the Ultima.

HTH :)

i have to say my face is the one i brought :) the jane carrera pro :)

I have the silver cross linear I think. Loved it, lays flat as a pram, turns into a buggy, can be turned both ways so the baby faces you or away from you. And its lasted 2 1/2 years so far, and it gets used A LOT

I have the silver cross 3d but wish now id bought the quinny !

I do love the 3d but I find it really heavy and its quite bulky, also a bit of a faff putting up and down.

I didn't buy the quinny as I kept seeing loads of people with it but my friend has it and it looks a dream to put up/down and the carry cot just clips on whereas the 3d I find involves loads of clips and zips !

It really would be best for you to have a few demos instore and have a go with them yourself as its such a personal choice.

I think you've made an excellent choice Seraphim this one is near the top of my list too. i think its really good value for money and the Viaggi car seat also won an award recently too. Will try to find that link from my history. I posted about it on the product review section as i wanted to know how the width of the main body compared to the silver cross one but no-one seemed to know. Its a shame mamas and papas don't publish the dimensions like SIlver Cross do on their website. I shall have to go in armed with my tape measure lol! I also have back problems, but I don't think as severe as you Seraphim so i know what you mean about ease of folding, lifting etc.

(for those who wonder why I am bothered about dimensions, my friend has the bugaboo and I felt her little girl had barely any room even as a newborn when she slept with her arms above her, starfish style. My hubby is 6'6" and I expect a long baby with long arms and legs, so want as wide a space as practical!)

i have the britax vigour 3+ with the babysafe sleeper (lie flat car seat) and i fell in love with it the first time i saw it,i hate seeing babies scrunched up in the usual carry car seats and as i spend a lot of time in my car i felt this was the best choice for my baby!!

https://www.britax.co.uk/pushchairs/vigour-3-plus/

https://www.britax.co.uk/images/pushchairs/large/vigour-3-plus/vigour-3-sleeper.jpg

Hey Leo,

I found the Ultima felt less of a stretch to reach the unlatch buttons either side of the basket... and it didn't strike me as shorter (length ways) then the silvercross sleepover.

Many of these travel systems were just TOO LOW to pick up baby or unlatch seat comfortably... I was really shocked - it felt like they were made for people under 5ft! I'm only 5ft3.

So if you have back probs, I really suggest going and trying them out a few times. My rule is if I don't get to the stage of feeling embarassed and like I'm wasting the shop assistants time, I probably haven't looked thoroughly enough... because that's what it takes to have had a proper look ;)

OH! And now, I found some fancy pants car seat that costs a bomb, that turns into a lay flat... now my guilt is telling me I should be thinking about buying that one, for poor bubs back. The guilt!

Don't buy anything too big or bulky. I bought a big one from mamas and papas with my first and it's so much trouble! I'm getting a mclaren double buggy this time around but I've learnt my lesson!

I've gone for the quinny. My priorities were thoughts of my own and lessons learnt from my friends with LO's;

~ If at all possible get one with a car seat attachment, makes life easier when your LO falls asleep in the car and you can just unclip the seat without having to wake the baby.
~ A forward and rear facing system is ideal. The amount of times my friends have said they needed to stop to just reassure a LO that they were still there or to pass things round, that if they had one which faced them it would have been great.
~ Ease of folding up and down. I tried the bugaboo and really struggled. I had a demo each time after I tried and after 9 attempts I gave up. This could be because I don't have much strength in my right leg admittedly.
~ The quinny has a hydraulic system so it puts itself up once the clips have been pressed.
~ I wanted a pram which would see me through from birth to >3yrs.
~ There was an additional pram option which just clips on to enable the baby to lie flat from birth, even though this is not seen as essential by some, it was to me (Seraphim - I agree with you on the guilt front!)
~ Good choice of colours, with unisex or ones more specific for boy / girl
~ As Lazy Leo mentioned my friend had exactly the same issue with her bugaboo pram section, the LO was in it 3 times before they could no longer use it as the dimensions were so tight width ways and her baby slept with its arms out and was always restricted in this.

Good luck it is a minefield. I would suggest going somewhere like John Lewis or Mothercare and having a proper try out of the ones you like, including walking them, spinning them round and putting them up and down - don't just watch you try it too or your OH. Also once you've made your mind up make sure it fits in the boot of your car easily!

Good luck.....x.

We went for the bugaboo bee because:
- It is really versatile, faces both ways, lies flat etc
-You can clip the car seat onto it
-It's extremely lightweight and small - brilliant for maneuvering in town and if you have space issues
-Easy to put up and down
-24 month guarantee - so I am not too worried about the wheels

Only worry is it is quite narrow and some reviews suggest is too small for toddlers so it may be that our baby will grow out of it quickly. But on balance due to space issues right now I decided it was the right choice.

Good luck!!

I have a Peg Perego Uno & I loooove it.. haven't found anything wrong with it yet!

Favourite feature is that it changes from child facing mum to child facing the rest of the world in literally a second.

Also like that it converts from a carriage to a stroller, it looks nice, and it does have the option of being a travel system as well w/ the infant car seat...

https://www.pegperego.com/page.php?pageid=UJVNL001&idf=08&idp=0000000146&cl=N

I was able to buy it for just over $500 Cdn (you do the math what that is over there!) and I got it from a reputable store down the street from my house that does repairs and such on site, I have a warranty on it included in the price as well..

There was a similar Silvercross, same price but included diaper bag and the "boot" for cooler weather, but I chose the Peg Perego because of aesthetic preference :)

I have a Peg Perego Uno & I loooove it.. haven't found anything wrong with it yet!

Favourite feature is that it changes from child facing mum to child facing the rest of the world in literally a second.

Also like that it converts from a carriage to a stroller, it looks nice, and it does have the option of being a travel system as well w/ the infant car seat...

https://www.pegperego.com/page.php?pageid=UJVNL001&idf=08&idp=0000000146&cl=N

I was able to buy it for just over $500 Cdn (you do the math what that is over there!) and I got it from a reputable store down the street from my house that does repairs and such on site, I have a warranty on it included in the price as well..

There was a similar Silvercross, same price but included diaper bag and the "boot" for cooler weather, but I chose the Peg Perego because of aesthetic preference :)

I was looking online for this in the UK but I couldn't find anything matching the name, then bought a mamas and papas pram (thats a shop in the uk) and on the base all the stickers say peg perego made in italy!!!!
So strictly speaking I have one of these prams too, the design I have is equivalent to the Young combination system!

I had the Silver cross 3d which although its bulky and heavy, its also a fantastic pram. I also have the iCandy cherry which is fantastic

we purchased the bugaboo cameleon for the following reasons:

- its a dream to push, really easy to maneuver
- it came with carry cot so started off life as proper pram, so maddi could lay flat for the first 6 months
- it converted into a travel system when we clicked the car seat on the the chassis
- it faces both ways
- i liked the option of changing the colours, which also can be removed for washing
- i liked the larger back wheels, which can be changed to the front ones, as well as them clipping off

we also have the icandy cherry, which is an excellent

we purchased the bugaboo cameleon for the following reasons:

- its a dream to push, really easy to maneuver
- it came with carry cot so started off life as proper pram, so maddi could lay flat for the first 6 months- it converted into a travel system when we clicked the car seat on the the chassis
- it faces both ways
- i liked the option of changing the colours, which also can be removed for washing- i liked the larger back wheels, which can be changed to the front ones, as well as them clipping off

we also have the icandy cherry, which is an excellent

I have the same and these points were really important to me too :D

It's also very good off-road. :)

As above I have bought the Bugaboo Cameleon!Not used it yet but all the reviews have been fab and I had the Bugaboo Frog with my first(and about 10 other prams!!) and that was brill so I am a true Bugaboo convert. I did have a few Mamas and Papas prams with my first inc the Ultima which was great but it takes up a lot of room,had the Pliko which is nice and light to push and the freestyler which I think is discont now.But as I said the Bugaboos won outright and in my opinion well worth every penny.x

I've got the pliko pramette

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-pliko-pramette-polka/1857830/type-i/

I haven't used it yet obviously but i've been messing about with it in the house and its pretty easy to change and put up and down

Ive got the Pliko Pramette too :D It hasnt been delivered yet but when I mucked about with it in the shop, it was easy to get up and down!! xx

We got the Chicco Trio 4 Me Autofix. Out of all the ones we tried, we found it the best for us in terms of size, weight, handling, and what you got with it. Also we managed to get a fantastic deal on Kiddicare for the colour scheme we wanted :D It comes with carseat, carrycot and puschair part. The pushchair part/base comes off totally if you want it to, though it still folds up SO easily, even with the pushchair on. It's reversible too, which is one of the main reasons we went for that one.

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_342_10751_-1__72977_10001_ this isn't the colour we got (they don't do it anymore) but that's the travel system. Very happy with it indeed so far, just from setting it up and playing around with it. Hopefully we'll stay as happy when Mbaylien arrives :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->