Pregnant after 2 losses and scared.

Good luck ttc first. The fact that they have detected a heartbeat at 6 weeks is a positive sign and already lowers your chances of a mc. And the fact that you are having symptoms is good. My doc kept asking me that when I was about 6/7 weeks pg as it is a good sign as your body is interacting with your baby. I too lost symptoms a few days before I mc. But don't worry if you do get a loss of symptoms it doesn't mean you will mc. I remember in the early days of this pregnancy I would wake up some mornings and feel completely normal. It would freak me out but either the next day or the one after the symptoms would be back. And I lost most of my first trimester symptoms by 10/11 weeks. Stay positive, your lil one has a good chance of staying there. I hope this is your rainbow!

Thank you so much flou! You are very positive and motivational.

Every minute I feel crappy I thank god. I do look forward to that week 10/11 where I don't feel so crappy, I want DH and I to enjoy this time stress free. I was reading someone elses post and they said you worry till you get your BFP. Then you worry till your first u/s, then till you hear the HB, then till you feel the movement, then about the labor...it's is just another thing to worry about.

I think that we are really positive right now because we have heard the HB and the symptoms. We did hear a HB before but that's when it went bad. A couple days later I just didn't feel pregnant. I told the clinic that I needed an u/s because I knew something was wrong. Now, I don't feel that way.

I see you are 31 weeks now. WOW that seems like a lifetime away for me.

Wishing you all the best in the coming weeks!

You have to stay positive and hope that everything will be ok. The odds are they will be but I fully understand what it feels like to doubt them. And your right the worrying never really stops. Before each scan I would worry and be anxious. But I did feel less anxious after my anomaly scan. I get anxious when he has his quieter days but I then normally find he gives me a hard kick in the side to let me know he's ok. I can't believe after everything me and my DH have been through that we might actually finally get our lil one. I just want him here safe and sound. My pregnancy has flown by. Enjoy it as much as you can. Before you know it you will be in the third tri. I have my fxd for you!

Good morning ladies,

Update: I have my first appointment with my doctor yesterday. It got moved up a week due to them having a cancellation, so that was great. She did an ultrasound and we saw the heartbeat. It was amazing and I'm still in shock. With my first 2 pregnancies we never saw anything in my uterus, so this was pretty amazing. But like TTC said, it doesn't guarantee anything and that scares me to death because I'm attached now. :cry: My doctor did say after seeing the heartbeat your risk of mc goes down by about 50% but that doesn't make me worry any less. So I'm just praying a lot and hoping everything continues to go well. My next appointment is February 19th...so 4 weeks away. Hoping it goes by quickly.

Good morning ladies,

Update: I have my first appointment with my doctor yesterday. It got moved up a week due to them having a cancellation, so that was great. She did an ultrasound and we saw the heartbeat. It was amazing and I'm still in shock. With my first 2 pregnancies we never saw anything in my uterus, so this was pretty amazing. But like TTC said, it doesn't guarantee anything and that scares me to death because I'm attached now. :cry: My doctor did say after seeing the heartbeat your risk of mc goes down by about 50% but that doesn't make me worry any less. So I'm just praying a lot and hoping everything continues to go well. My next appointment is February 19th...so 4 weeks away. Hoping it goes by quickly.

I think it drops to 2% hope the next 4 weeks fly by and you have another epic scan :hugs:

It's all scary stuff isn't it. Did any of you find out anything from your miscarriages ? I'm pregnant again well technically I'd like to wait till my missed aunt flow which is due tomorrow but I got a BFP this morning. I'm pregnant again after a BO in July and a twin miscarriage in October. My hair mineral analysis says a lot really so we are working on that. Hopefully will help.

Are your doctors monitoring you more now ?
Xxx

TTC First and Mrs Reineke... Im gratified to hear that aspirin is helping you both! I too am convinced its a miracle drug.

My due date is March 18th, and so far (despite so many mcs) this pregnancy has been going by very smoothly, if even a trifle boringly!!

I plan on taking the baby aspirin until I go into labor. I know most professionals want you to stop around 36 weeks or so, but aspirin only stays active in your system for about 24 hours. And Ive been having not 'failure to clot' issues during my pregnancy to make me worry that bleeding may be a problem.

because once youre out of 1st tri and dont worry about mc so much, you start to worry about blood clots in the cord or other such things. I know it doesnt sound very positive, but anybody whos been thru pregnancy losses knows what its like to lose the innocence of pregnancy!

Oh honey you are due soon yay I'm excited for you!!

May I ask you a question pretty please ? Did you find out why you miscarried 3 times before ?? Cause a lot of women miscarry and never find out why ??

Love to you and your baby bump xxxx

flou - Thanks fir the encouragement. I look forward to enjoying a pregnancy and not stressing.

Mrs Reineke - YEAH!!!!! I am so happy, you brighten my day. I kinda look for your updates because we are in a similar position. I go for my 7w1d u/s in 2 hours. I still have symptoms too! Usually my symptoms are gone and this is the bad news u/s but I am thinking positive because I feel so crappy.

flou - Thanks fir the encouragement. I look forward to enjoying a pregnancy and not stressing.

Mrs Reineke - YEAH!!!!! I am so happy, you brighten my day. I kinda look for your updates because we are in a similar position. I go for my 7w1d u/s in 2 hours. I still have symptoms too! Usually my symptoms are gone and this is the bad news u/s but I am thinking positive because I feel so crappy.

OH best of luck and hope you come back with amazing news of a healthy little bean in there :hugs:

Well after the HB being a low 92 last week and the doctor worrying me, it was 146 this week. YEAHHHHH!!!!!

I've never gotten this far!!!

He said that everything is looking good and I am measuring 7w1d which is dead on.

I go back in 19 days for another u/s but they said if I get too stressed that I should call and go in earlier.

Needless to say I am stocking up on the aspirin and taking it as long as I have to. DH is buying one of those home lottery tickets. lol

Well after the HB being a low 92 last week and the doctor worrying me, it was 146 this week. YEAHHHHH!!!!!

He said that everything is looking good and I am measuring 7w1d which is dead on.

I go back in 19 days for another u/s but they said if I get too stressed that I should call and go in earlier.

Needless to say I am stocking up on the aspirin and taking it as long as I have to. DH is buying one of those home lottery tickets. lol

That's great news hun !

Thanks Chrissi1981. i am confidant enough to add a signature!

Good morning ladies,

Chrissi, congrats on your BFP!!! :happydance: There was never a for sure reason why I mc'd the first 2 times. The first time they think may have been a chemical pregnancy and the second didn't get much farther and when I started spotting at 6 weeks and they did an ultrasound they didn't see anything, so it could have been a chemical or possibly a BO that had already detatched and wasn't showing on ultrasound. But I do have Factor V Leiden (blood clotting disorder) and they tested me for another one called anticardiolipin antibody and it showed just barley abnormal. So I'm taking one 81mg baby aspirin a day for those. The blood doctor didn't want to put me on Lovenox because my levels are so slow and so barely abnormal she thought the risk of being on blood thinners wasn't worth it in my case and that the baby aspirin may just be enough. But in a few weeks we'll check my levels again to make sure they still look fine and if they have increased we'll decide if I may need Lovenox at that time. My next appointment/scan is on February 19th. So 4 weeks. Going to be hard to be patient, but I'll survive.

TTC, YAY FOR A 146 HEARTBEAT!!!!!! :happydance: That makes me sooooo happy for you!!!! The little one is doing great!!! You're lucky you go back in 19 days...I have to wait 29 days!!!! :wacko:

TTC great news about the increase in heart rate!

Mrs R now you have seen the HB the chances of mc definitely fall and continue to do so as your pregnancy progresses.

Chrissie congrats on your bfp. I hope its a sticky one. I don't know the reason for my losses. If I experienced another mc then they would have tested me, but it was just put down to bad luck. We also had no explanation as to why we took a while to conceive either but it did get shorter with each pregnancy. 19 months the first time, then 11 months and then 7 months with this one. We both had tests and the doc said that our fertility was good and we were only 29 and 30 when we started trying. I guess we just had a run of bad luck. But just hoping now my rainbow arrives safely and healthy into this world.

that is great news so delighted for you :happydance::happydance: grow baby grow :happydance::happydance:

Thanks Mrs Reineke. I was tested for all the blood clotting issues too. I know that the doctor said that I was just slightly low on one and not the other. He said it wasn't low enough to have him concerned. It's interesting that we both came back that way, and both started on aspirin, and now we both have successful pregnancies. hmmm I guess it was something to be concerned about.

It's funny because I made the appointment for the the next u/s and they mentioned that I would be 10 weeks. WOW....I will be 10 weeks. I've never made it to 10 weeks. lol

Thanks flou and CelticNiamh. This one is going to stick!!!

Yeah TTC First, I'm praying the aspirin is the magic "cure". Yeah, my next appointment I'll be between 11-12 weeks. It's on the 19th of February. I can't believe I'll be almost out of the first trimester when I go in again. I keep seeing all these ladies losing babies later on and I'm scared. Everything has gone so good so far and I'm terrified of a mmc or losing the baby now at a later point then previously. I'm 7 weeks 3 days today and that farthest I've made it prior was 6 weeks 1 day. So I made it past that milestone, but it doesn't mean something can't and won't still happen. I have tried to not think about it, but it's tought. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->