Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

Heather I've been reading all of this thread and I think you are being very mature about everything. I hope everything works out the way you want it to and fob sounds really like he likes you and your little one. Have you thought about any names yet? :flower:

Thank you klink. We actually haven't talked about names. I don't have anything that I really like.

Thank you klink. We actually haven't talked about names. I don't have anything that I really like.

With my first, I came across "Assyria" in my bible as lit class. Changed it to Asyria and that stuck. With my second, we had the hardest time coming up with a name we liked. We basically settled on Khai the day I had him and literally picked his middle name in the prep room before my section. I hated that. But for us, it seems like a name will just pop up and seem right.

There are tons of names I like, but none of them seem good enough. It's hard when you can only pick 1 name (or 2, considering a middle name).

I have not read the whole thread but just wanted to wish you all of the best with your little girl. Girls are the best!

I have not posted to much recently because 1) there hasn't been too much going on and 2) I have been busy with the holidays and spending a lot of time with fob. His family had a big Christmas party and he invited me. I didn't want to go because I felt really awkward and of course I don't know anybody. But it went really good and everyone in his whole family was really nice to me, so I think if anything my child is lucky to be getting a great family. His mom showed me all this stuff she bought for the baby, mainly just cute little outfits and stuff. We have to get all of the big stuff still. I don't want a shower because it's embarrassing to me and I don't want to be the center of attention.

I have not posted to much recently because 1) there hasn't been too much going on and 2) I have been busy with the holidays and spending a lot of time with fob. His family had a big Christmas party and he invited me. I didn't want to go because I felt really awkward and of course I don't know anybody. But it went really good and everyone in his whole family was really nice to me, so I think if anything my child is lucky to be getting a great family. His mom showed me all this stuff she bought for the baby, mainly just cute little outfits and stuff. We have to get all of the big stuff still. I don't want a shower because it's embarrassing to me and I don't want to be the center of attention.

Im glad they are being so nice and that the 2 of you are spending time together. I think it is appropriate not to have a shower if you are still unsure about how much of a part you want to play.

That's really good that they were so nice to you :) I bet it made you feel a lot better. Hope things are going well and sorry I haven't been able to comment much! If you do want to talk to anybody you can message me on here and I'll reply when I can :) x

Aww that sounds lovely. I'm glad to hear that you've had a nice Christmas :)

I'm sick now, feeling sick to my stomach for the past few days. My books have also started leaking...ugh.

Ah the joys of pregnancy, lol. I'm sorry you have to go through this. :hugs: it will eventually get better, one day you will start to feel like your old self again <3

How many weeks along are you now, Heather? I can't remember. Perhaps the sickness is a bit of a stomach bug? The leaky tatas are par for the course, naturally. But the pukey feeling...hmmm. I did start getting a little nauseous toward the very end, as both of my babies were putting pressure on my stomach contents, which is pretty common. Maybe that's what is happening to you?

I'm about 25 weeks now.
I haven't been throwing up, but I've had a constant queasy feeling for almost a week now. No food sounds good and I never feel hungry. Before this whatever it is, I seemed to feel hungry all the time. Even my favorite Christmas sweets don't sound good to me.

Well, maybe you are just getting a little stomach bug. I would definitely keep trying to choke down a little something now and again, and keep taking your prenatal vitamins. I hope you feel better soon, and the yucky feeling passes!

Well, to make me feel even better, fob says today that he wants to get a DNA test just to make sure he is really the father. I understand why, but I know he is doing it because his family wants him to. They think I might be lying to take advantage. But the only safe test is after the baby is born.

Well, to make me feel even better, fob says today that he wants to get a DNA test just to make sure he is really the father. I understand why, but I know he is doing it because his family wants him to. They think I might be lying to take advantage. But the only safe test is after the baby is born.

That is really crappy but I guess I can see why, I would not do it till baby is here and only if he pays for it which I am sure he said he would anyway :hugs:

Hope your ok

Oh, man. Well, you've got nothing to lose by doing it, and giving them all that satisfaction and confirmation, I suppose. How do you feel about doing it?

Well I know he is the father, so I'm not worried about that part. It makes me feel bad that anyone would doubt me, but I understand I guess. I don't know, his family is really nice to me, so it makes me wonder what they're saying when I'm not around. I am not trying to take advantage of anyone and haven't asked for anything.

I think that is understandable, especially since he may be taking on primary care taker for a while. It sounded like your relationship was pretty short so he may not feel like he knows you well. Plus, not to like rub your nose in it.. but you did lie to him about your age which is pretty big. I don't think it is unreasonable for him to request this and since you have no worries it doesn't hurt anything. :)

Ugh. It must make you feel horrible :( :hugs: obviously doing it will show them that he is the father, and it will remove any doubt. But I understand that just them talking about it (and you) must make you feel down.

Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->