Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

Soooo glad you have supportive family!!!

Sounds like your wee girl has amazing parents and grandparents; she's going to do just fine :) Rest up and take care of yourself - pretty sure you don't get punished for having freak-out-oh-crap-what-am-I-going-to-do-I'm-not-ready-for-a-baby thoughts or my little dude would probably have 2 heads!

awwww Heatherr that's so so sweet to hear, both the FOB and his family sound so supportive! and yes i agree, your little girl has two amazing parents and four amazing grandparents to take care of her!

and i agree with pps, books are a good company, maybe also meditation or something like that with relaxing music to it to cut the time... and friends and FOB that come to visit (and his parents as well if it feels ok for everybody)... anybody who can make you feel better, less lonely and spend some waiting time with you. plus, all your school stuff will still be there.

You know, I'd tell you to read and get some good Netflix cued up, but...I think I'll just tell you to sleep. Sleep and sleep and sleep, because that's the one things new moms (and dads) want the most, and usually get the least amount! Sleep, and just rot in bed, seriously. I know that sounds boring, but to me, a mother of two under two, it sounds like ecstasy! LOL!

Paternal grandma sounds like a sweetheart, and your own folks sound great! Sounds like you've found a wonderful family for your baby...your own! <3

I wish I could just sleep. I'm too uncomfortable to sleep long. My legs bother me all the time...just feel restless. I'm already bored. My family doesn't have Netflix, so fob gave me his account details so I can use his. I'm going to binge watch a bunch of shows until I get tired of that.

I wish I could just sleep. I'm too uncomfortable to sleep long. My legs bother me all the time...just feel restless. I'm already bored. My family doesn't have Netflix, so fob gave me his account details so I can use his. I'm going to binge watch a bunch of shows until I get tired of that.

Are there any hobbies you've ever wanted to try that don't require a lot of moving? Knitting, crocheting, sewing? This might be a good opportunity to give them a try and it'll keep your brain active.

It's also a good time to catch up on any books you've wanted to read. Maybe do some writing.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this Heather, how scary! I'm so glad you have such a wonderful support system around you. Take care of you and your little girl, everything will be okay! :hugs:

Binge watch orange is the new black. soooo good lol.

Try not to worry, 32 weeks is early, but it could be worse. My hubbys nephew was born at 27 weeks and is now fine :)

I crochet, you should try it!!

Yeah, I never slept when I was pregnant, either. I was way huge, way uncomfortable, and had hideous insomnia that kicked in around 1 a.m. every night.

Bad advice!!! LOL! :rofl:

heather-I've been reading your thread off and on for a while now and I just wanted to say that you are handling an immense amount of stress very gracefully and very grown-up. Friends who matter will stick around. After college graduation, I moved out of state to be with my husband (we had gotten married 2 months prior but were long distance because I was still in school) and lost contact with alot of my friends as a result. BUT the ones who mattered the most to me, I still contact on FB every once in a while and we meet up when I'm home visiting my parents. It's like the time between visits (sometimes it's been years) hasn't passed at all even though our lives have taken very different paths. We just chatter on like we saw each other yesterday. Good friends are like that-it doesn't matter where life takes you, you'll still be able to relate to each other no matter what. And it sounds like you have an amazing support system in place right now to help you through this scary time. And just because you had some issues now doesn't mean you'll def go early. I have a friend who had her labor stopped 5 times (!!) between 30 and 37 weeks and her baby stayed put until 38 weeks in the end. Take it easy and just hang out. I know it's boring to be on bedrest and you'll probably exhaust the number of things that will keep you occupied by the end of the day but you are doing the best you can to keep baby girl in there each day and that's what counts. Find some good movies or tv shows you can binge watch, stock up on books you've always wanted to read, do something crafty (I see others have suggested quilting or crocheting. I knit personally and used some partial bed rest time I had with my last pg to start a Christmas stocking project), build a puzzle, do crosswords or word searches, play cards, etc. If nothing else, ask your mom if there's something you can do for her-like folding laundry or (the most boring job in the world) sorting socks. Keeping busy as best you can will help the time pass by quicker. Do you have access to a laptop or a tablet? I played alot of computer games too. (I'm partial to hidden object games and have a serious collection of them that DH doesn't know about. :haha:

Oh and if you have access to a computer with internet, you can watch plenty of free shows on sites like Hulu or Youtube. I'm in the middle of a 'Say Yes To the Dress' marathon on Youtube at the moment.

..or maybe drawing or painting or collage or something along those crafty artsy lines too :)

maybe watch some parenting movies to get you excited and help you see how no one knows what the hell they are doing. Theres this one HILARIOUS one with jennifer lopez - ummm The Back Up Plan. I loved watching it while pregnant cause it totally captured eveything about non typical pregnancy plans lol. I recommend it!

So far I actually have been sleeping a lot actually. I guess not doing anything all day actually makes me more tired than doing stuff...

My mom called my school. They actually have a policy in place for homebound students, but I don't like it. They send a teacher to my house to help me. I think I can do the work all by myself. It is only about 8 hours a week they'd come to my house though. Until that is in place, my teachers are going to get at least this week's worth of work together for me and my mom is going to pick it up from my school tomorrow. I told her to see if they can not send someone over here. I just feel weird having someone from school come into my bedroom to teach me haha.

Oh that would be a little weird to have someone come into your bedroom to teach you. lol Well, at least if they have to, its only for 8 hours a week.

Have you thought of maybe working on a blanket? I'm not SUPER artsy fartsy, but those no-sew fleece blankets are easy and fun to make. They're just time consuming if you make a big one...and you've got the time. :) :hugs:

Here's an example if you don't know what I'm talking about:
https://www.joann.com/no-sew-fleece-blanket-pillow/P401713.html

Apparently it should have only taken 2 hours. LOL I must have either 1) done it the long way ;) or 2) did something wrong/harder but it still turned out the same. haha

Hope you're feeling ok, and finding stuff to do to keep you occupied.

or if studying and sleeping end up boring you out, you could maybe craft her a baby book :)

I had to laugh about a teacher coming in and teaching you lol. I feel like that would be awkward for the both of you lol. Couldn't you just ... have a teacher you could call and check in with every few days instead? So if you had any questions on the work they could answer them? Id be so weirded out lol having someone come over. Im glad they are able to work with you either way!!

And having nothing to do totally tires you out more. When I was 8 weeks I had a severe morning sickness - hyperemesis gravidum- and I was in bed all the time before and after I was admitted to hospital. I seriously slept all the time.

I'm surprised they don't have a way for you to complete your coursework online...I'm a teacher, and this sort of surprises me that you don't have this option available. It would give you something to do while you're on bedrest.

I'm glad you can sleep! You'll be so grateful for it when your little miss finally arrives! My daughter was a good night sleeper, and took marathon naps during the day...she was sleeping through the night by 7 weeks of age. Now, my son, who is a few days shy of 6 months...ugh. I'm still up twice during the night feeding and cuddling him back to sleep. He's not the world's greatest sleeper. I'm finally realizing that I'm just never going to get to sleep they way I could prior to having my kids. LOL! It's okay. Somehow, someway, it's doable. :) So, I'm glad you're able to get some rest now.

Well, I go to a small private schools, so I guess that's why they don't really have an online option. It is pretty strict here as far as "alternative" students. Unless you have a certified medical excuse and meet other guidelines, you are expected to be in class.
A lot of assignments are done online anyway though because everyone in the school has ipads that we use for all classes. I can take a picture of my worksheets and stuff and send them to my teacher to turn my assignments in if I want. So, since I can communicate with them online I don't really feel that I need someone to come over here. I am pretty good at just reading the textbooks and doing the homework by myself. We'll see what happens when my mom goes in there today to talk to them.

I still don't know if the baby is going to live with me at all after she's born, so I don't know how much sleep I'm going to need. But it doesn't hurt to stock up on it now. I watched so much stuff on Netflix yesterday. I bought a baby book a while ago, but only filled out a few pages, so I can work on that some more. There's only so much you can do before she's born as far as a baby book goes though. I'm going to find some other projects to work on. I've also made a big long list of books and am going to make my sister get them from the library for me. Yesterday I was even happy to fold a ton of laundry because I just needed something to occupy my time. I feel bad sleeping all day long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->