Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

He is probably confused like you. Not many 21 year old men are ready for this kind of responsibility. He has been pretty calm whilst you have tried to figure things out. It is only natural to have a moment. Men much older than him question babies as the time nears. I am glad he is still being supportive.

Oh yeah, I don't blame him for feeling nervous or uncertain. He tries to not let people know that he feels that way, but I know he does. I would sort of think it was weird if he didn't feel that way about it sometimes. Plus, he is taking on more responsibility than I am and he's got my uncertainty to deal with. Overall, he has been really understanding of me the entire time.

It's also just a strange situation to be in. It's weird to be having a baby with someone you aren't actually in a relationship with, but you didn't actually break up with because you didn't like each other anymore, but we weren't really friends ever. I mean, we have become closer throughout the past several months, but it's just a weird mixture of different sorts of relationships...like not romantic, not friends, I don't know what it is. And like I said before this isn't a huge concern to me right now because I'm just glad we are on good terms for our baby's sake. Whatever we are right now works fine.

Hello heather, I've literally spent the last few days reading this thread on and off and I just want to say what a strong, mature young woman I think you are! I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this situation has been and still is for you, but I think you have dealt with it all so strongly and you obviously have a good head on your shoulders! You're going to be a great mummy to your baby girl whatever arrangements you decide on. Hope you're feeling OK.

I had my 33 week checkup today and doctor says it everything looks good...no change since last week, which is good. She is a good size and they do not think we will have anything to worry about if she ends up coming at any time now. But I am still on bed rest because obviously it would still be better if she stays in there for several more weeks.

excellent, glad to hear all is well. Hope your not going crazy stuck in doors all day.:flower:

Glad to here it sounds like she may stay put for a while yet.

Awesome! Its good to know that if she does want to arrive now there wont be to many problems. That's awesome :)

Hope you and FOB are doing okay!

Hey heather :) I've just found your thread. Glad things are better with you. I had my son very young, so I understand how nerve wrecking it can be. Just came to give you a big hug, and to say my son is now 7, and being a mother is the best thing I've ever done and there is light at the end of the tunnel :). I'll be keeping a wee eye on this thread :)

Hi Heather, I think I posted at the beginning but managed to accidentally unsubscribe myself so I thought there hadnt been any new updates. I found the thread again and now I'm all caught up. I'm so glad that you are going to try and work out how to coparent, both of you sound like amazing people and your families sound so supportive and loving. I Guess your situation isn't one that people expect to find themselves in or would call perfect but I think the baby will have a lot of love and that will be perfect for her!

I can't help but hope in the future, given time, you and fob work things out and can become a couple but of course that's not the main concern here and for a 17 year old girl you sound so mature! You all really will be okay and it will work out!

I'm sorry you have to be in bed rest but it's great news that baby is safe to come at any time now so you don't have to worry too much!

Freaking out is totally normal. I'm a whole 10 years older and I freak out every now and again. It is scary for anyone. The unknown is scary. You can never prepare enough for the unknown as there are so many different variables. Just try to keep an open mind and be flexir. I know you'll all do fab!

I just read through this entire thread. You seem like a very mature and level headed individual, especially for someone that is 17. I am glad that you have FOB and parents on both side that are supporting you, and that the baby seems to be staying put for a little bit longer. I think going to a local college for now is not a bad idea. I actually work at a college and there are many students that transfer into our private university from a 2 year community college and they have all of their general requirements over with, and go on to excel when they transfer over here (plus they've saved a ton of money)... so I think that is a good option at first, and you can always transfer over to a school you preferred to go to in the future if you'd like. I also think its great you are sharing your story on here. Anyway I look forward to hearing your updates. Best of luck!

Hi Heather, just caught up with your thread again, cant believe youre 33 weeks already. Glad to hear she is staying tucked up a little longer and youre doing well. Hugs x

I can't believe I'm saying this, but she's here! I'm officially a mommy now! I just feel dizzy I guess. I feel really weird not being pregnant anymore and having her actually here. She was born at 11:07 pm on Friday after less than 7 hours of labor. She's 4 lbs, 3 oz and 18 inches long. Luckily, the steroid shot they gave me helped with her lungs and she is able to breathe just fine on her own. She is jaundiced and having trouble regulating & maintaining a good body temperature, so they are going to keep her in the hospital a little longer. They think she might be able to come home at the end of the week.

We've named her Gabriella Everleigh (Everleigh is my last name, but we're using it as her middle name since she'll have fob's last name).

I was discharged earlier today, stayed at the hospital for several hours, and am going to spend the night at home. Even after giving birth, I couldn't fall asleep at the hospital. My fear of medical facilities is almost a phobia, so I couldn't relax enough to sleep for more than a half hour here or there. I will most the full story of everything when I have a chance to get back on.

Omg Heather!! Congrats and I hope you're recovering well.

Can't wait to hear your birth story! :hugs:

Congratulations Heather!!! :hugs: such amazing news.
So happy to hear that Gabriella is breathing on her own :) such a beautiful name choice, too.

Looking forward to hearing all about the birth!!

Congratulations! :D wow she was at an amazing weight for her gestation too :D

Congrats heather!! I'd love to see a picture of her! I'm so happy for you, Its been such a whirlwind for you but you seem so happy! I know with time you'll feel much more comfortable. The hardest part is over! You're a mommy :hugs:

Wow, congratulations! I'm happy that she's breathing on her own. I hope you're doing well with recovery and can get some sleep at home. :)

Wow Heather congratulations! What a beautiful name you have chosen! Can't wait for a more detailed update! Well done dear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->