Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

Congrats on being able to bring her home and on the college acceptances. Please don't worry about her being in two households. I think it's great that both you and the fob are being so active in your little girl's life. I'm with the others when I say I would love to see a picture (only if you are comfortable with it).

I think one of the greatest gifts you can give your daughter, will be to see you working hard to finish your education. It sounds like being accepted into not one, but TWO of your school choices is a wonderful step in the right direction!

Wow! I just read through this entire thread! I started because I believe I may be pregnant and although I'm slightly older at 23 I'm a little nervous to tell my parents. I didn't expect to fall so deep into a thread and care so much about someone and their story that I don't even know!

I'm so glad it's all worked out in the end for you all. Things have a tendency to work out! Would love to see photos x

ive just read this while thread. How inspiring! I had my first at 21 and was petrified, so cant't jmagine how you felt at 17. It's so fantastic though! :) Im now pregnant with my 2nd at 23 so couldn't have scared me that much haha!

Fab journey and love her name. I wish you all huge happiness and glad she is home. She's got fantastic parents

Hi heather . I was online earlier seeing if you had updated and I noticed you were viewing this thread. It would be great to read a little update I know there are a few people you pm on here but theres lots of members have been following and supporting you who would loooooove to know how your lovely little girl is doing (and you) :flower:

hope you are all settling into parenthood well :hugs:

I hope you and your little girl are doing well! :D

Thinking of you :). I'm sure you're really busy with school and motherhood, but you're in all our thoughts!

Thinking of you both.. Hope you post an update soon.. XO <3..I must admit I am getting a little concerned..<3 Hope you and Gabriella are ok..xo

I have read through the whole thread and can say I'm truly inspired and feel very proud of you!!! Well done!!! And congratulations xx

Heather, I just read this entire thread. Great story. I'm glad you and Gabriella are Ok :) and I'm glad you have a supportive family and FOB. Best wishes and keep us posted

She logged in 2 days ago, and her on other occasions since her last reply (albeit not posting) :coffee:

ETA (9.30pm UK time): She's currently viewing the thread. Heatherr, people would like to know if you're alright...?

I was on here a few days ago trying to post an update, but ended up getting interrupted by something at home and then didn't feel like coming back and retyping everything again.

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting regular updates here. I had planned to. I don't know how to explain it,but I've just been having a really hard time dealing with everything in my life. I feel really tired all of the time and haven't really been spending much time doing anything online. I always feel guilty, like there is something more important I should be doing. It has nothing to do with anyone here. I have been pm'ing with a few people, so that is why you might see me logged in without replying to this thread. I don't mean to upset anyone by not posting regular updates here. I'm back in school now. A lot of times in the evenings I visit Gabby at her dad's house because she stays there during the week days. I feel like I am trying to force motherhood on myself. Ever since she came home I've felt disconnected I guess, don't really know if that's the right word for it. It's like I love her, but I don't feel like her mom. I feel like she's somebody else's baby. I am not finding that any of this is coming very naturally to me.

Gabby is about 6.5 weeks old now. She was just under 7 lbs the last time we weighed her. She's a little behind on developmental milestones, but the doctor says it's just due to being premature and she will probably catch up without any issues - in other words, everything seems perfectly normal considering her gestation at birth. She doesn't smile yet, but she makes other silly facial expressions.

Meanwhile I also had my birthday on the 9th and turned 18.

That's basically all that's been happening. I am thinking about getting a job once school is out. Although we don't know what we're doing with Gabby over the summer. If I don't work during the weekdays we won't have to worry about getting anyone to watch her and then that would save money. I don't know, it's not like I could even make a lot of money but at least I'd feel like I was contributing by doing something.

Hi heather I am sure your not upsetting anyone at all. I am sorry you are feeling disconnected from your baby girl. I am sure it probably has something to do with the fact she is not living with you and your visiting her. so possibly bonding is not happening. lots of parents feel disconnected even when they are with their baby all of the time. Have you considered spending overnights with her? I do hope you feel better soon. I know when my daughter was in special care due to prematurity I felt disconnected as everyone else seemed to be caring for her while I helplessly looked on. Once I got her home and spent time alone with her is when we really bonded. Do you get to spend 1:1 time with her?

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->