Pregnant by older guy, not sure what to do

I would think you would still not be able to go back until your doctor releases you? Medically you should get at least 4-6 weeks?

Your school sounds so unreasonable. I was only pregnant while still in school but they let me go in two hours late every day because I was always tired and emotionally really screwed over. Why should it be any different than if your family was taking a vacation? As long as you keep up with the work, they should work with you.

I'm glad that your LO is doing good, hopefully she is ready to come home very soon!

My school doesn't approve of taking time out of school for a vacation either. If you miss more than 2 days in a row you need a documented reason that has to meet their other criteria. They can't stop you from taking the time off, but they can give you incomplete grades. They don't really seem to count just keeping up with the work as fully participating in class.

I go to a private prep school. They are pretty strict about missing classes. Technically a teacher is allowed to fail you if you miss 9 classes in a single course, but I don't think it's actually been done before. They all pity me now, the teachers and counselors and stuff.

How frustrating about school...you only JUST had the baby, and she's been in the NICU. To me, that's MORE than a reasonable excuse for you to be missing class, but hey...who am I, you know? Ugh.

How is little G doing? Is she eating well, pooping okay, and letting you get some sleep at times? :rofl: Newborns can be tough. Mine were both pretty fussy newborns, especially in the evenings, during what is referred to as the "purple period of crying." That stuff does pass though, and then it's on to the next challenge. LOL!

So glad FOB is so willing and capable of stepping in and supporting you and G!

Your school sounds so unreasonable. I was only pregnant while still in school but they let me go in two hours late every day because I was always tired and emotionally really screwed over. Why should it be any different than if your family was taking a vacation? As long as you keep up with the work, they should work with you.

I'm glad that your LO is doing good, hopefully she is ready to come home very soon!

My school doesn't approve of taking time out of school for a vacation either. If you miss more than 2 days in a row you need a documented reason that has to meet their other criteria. They can't stop you from taking the time off, but they can give you incomplete grades. They don't really seem to count just keeping up with the work as fully participating in class.

I go to a private prep school. They are pretty strict about missing classes. Technically a teacher is allowed to fail you if you miss 9 classes in a single course, but I don't think it's actually been done before. They all pity me now, the teachers and counselors and stuff.

Ah! I went through public school. But honestly, that's even more annoying because you pay to go! All the more reason for them to work with you. It's not like you're just flaking out.

Congratulations Heather! Cant believe ive only just seen the update. Hope youre all ok xx

After about 17.5 days in the hospital, Gabriella came home on Monday. Yay!! She weighed 4 lbs, 13 oz when she left, so she'll be at the 5 lbs mark in no time. Her weight has gone in a positive direction for over a week solid now, which was their main concern. We did have to get a different car seat that is certified for babies under 5 lbs. for them to allow her to leave. Thankfully fob's mom knew somebody who had one that they don't need anymore, so we're borrowing that one for a short time until she's big enough for the one we have.

She came home with me and will be here until the end of the weekend, then she is going to start living with her dad during the week and then stay with me on the weekends. It just makes more sense for him to have her during the week since I will be returning to school next Monday and he is able to be off work with her for a few weeks. I will go over and visit her. Then she will spend the nights at my house on the weekends for now. Then I will be off for spring break the week of Easter and then neither of us can be with her during the day. Luckily we have a few relatives who are able to help watch her for a few months until I'm done with school. Then we'll worry about the rest later I guess. I feel bad dragging her back and forth, but it's just not an ideal situation and we have to sort of do what works best with our schedules.

It's kinda of weird being home alone with her all day. I was staying with her every day at the hospital, but there's constantly someone in there checking on her, so it's not like really being alone. I don't mean this in a bad way, but it just takes some adjusting and makes me nervous.

I also received 2 college acceptance letters back already, one for a school far away and the other for the local school I want to go to most. So, obviously I'm not going far away.

Congratulations on having her home! It's such a GREAT feeling bringing your baby home from the NICU!

Congratulations on bringing your wee girl home! Best of luck for the next few weeks, I'm sure you and her dad will rock it :) and don't worry about moving her from place to place, she won't notice at that age I'm sure! Take care

Congratulations sweetheart. Happy to hear you guys have your little girl with you.

Brilliant news heather :) don't feel bad, you're doing what's best for all 3 of you and as long as she's healthy and happy that's all that matters. Really happy for you :hugs:

congratulations on bringing her home. its scary but soon you will wonder why you were ever so nervous. x

Congrats on bringing your little girl home! It sounds like you and FOB have everything planned out nicely. I wouldn't feel bad for having to bring her back and forth...she won't have any idea at this age and if it just continues like this once she gets older, it'll be all she's ever known so she won't even blink an eye over it! Good luck, I'm really happy to hear everything is going well so far! Can't wait to see pictures once you're able/comfortable with posting some! :hugs:

YAYY!! Congrats on bringing little Gabriella home! SUCH a great news!
i love how you and FOB planned it all out and are trying to make things work for all of you.

it must feel super strange to have this new little person in your life for real now (as the hospital is still a place you kinda GO to, it's not your "real" life, by this i mean your everyday life in your everyday surroundings), but it will all settle. don't feel bad about yourself for whatever feeling may come over you; the reality of it is gonna sit in on both of you only now, when she's in home care, at your or at his.

adjusting to parenthood takes time and honestly i think it's a life long process, you grow up together with your kids, even if you have them at 40 for the first time.

...and... CONGRATS on getting into BOTH schools!!!! you rock!!! Gabriella's got one smart momma!

(i know in the sight of being a parent, this achievement of yours may seem a bit less significant and less acknowledged, but hey... this is your own accomplishment and nobody else's, while pregnant and with a baby! and because of it, it is even more so of a damn great job!) :hugs: massive hugs to all three of you!

Skyes is so right, you getting into both schools is a huge deal and something to be very proud of! It's easy to get overshadowed by your little girl's arrival and her coming home but it definitely deserves recognition! Congrats, I'm really proud of you! Sorry for not acknowledging it before! :)

Just spent a fair amount of time reading up on this thread. I think you and FOB have both been very brave, and it sounds like things are coming together. Congrats on getting into both schools!

Congrats on bringing her home and on the schools!! I agree with everyone else... she wont realize being moved around at all. It sounds like you and FOB have a really awesome plan!

So happy for you. I'm sure I don't just speak for myself that i'd love to see a photo of her at some point. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->