• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnant or ttc over 35 with teenagers?

That would be great!!!! Yeah fingers crossed for good results :) xx

9 weeks and 6 days..... And this week has been hell, not only am I feeling tired and grumpy and sick but my father in law died on Friday morning after only being sick for 2 days was a complete shock!!!! But we have to go through his things and organize his funeral for Friday and his house and bills etc but I'm also having a huge amount of trouble with my teenager (eldest dd) she's 19 and acting 12, she has been so nasty the last couple of days and treating me like crap and then posting personal things on Facebook for the world to see, she has made life unbearable this week and I don't know why??? She has decided that she is moving out which at this time is probably for the best because she thinks she is hard done by here, she has a granny flat out the back, rent, bills and food for free and she doesn't help out at all and acts like a brat most of the time, so I think it's time she got out into the real world and see what it's like she hasn't ever paid rent in this house and all her money she gets is hers to do as she wishes (she has a full time job at my work) so since I'm obviously very hard to get along with and obviously too hard on her and ask for way too much of her lol I think it's time she found out what it's really like, I'm hoping it will bring her down a peg or two, I didn't really appreciate what I had until I had to do it on my own so I think it will be good for her ( although I was 16 when I moved out of home and I still had to pay board )
So I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this with their teenager or are going through it !! Coz I really don't know what I'm suppose to do anymore I'm at a loss so any help would be great x

Sorry to hear the loss of your father-in-law :( Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.I hope things get better with your daughter,I know they all go through phases and it is hard,maybe time on her own will make her realise xx

I really hope so coz I don't know how much more we can take this week it's been an emotional Rollercoaster and one that's going to take a very long time to recover from, we all loved my fil and he was my dh only parent left his mum died 10 yrs ago so it's been really hard on him and we also had to go through telling the kids all 7 of them that the papa they loved so much is gone Gosh it's just been a nightmare and now my dd has decided to wage a war against us ??? I just don't understand where this has all come from? But hopefully it will settle down soon Fxd x

It will settle down.Just not what you need right now.Just take each day as it comes :hugs: xx

Thanks Hun and thanks for replying I just needed to vent I think I'm starting to feel a bit better xx

Glad to hear it :) sometimes it's good talk,makes you feel better :) xx

Can u believe after all that carry on she just text me saying she loves me??? What??? Her mood changes are giving me whiplash !!! I mean what is this bi polar?? Hormones?? Im confused!!! Oh well I'm not giving up though she is going to have to find a place of her own and start acting like an adult and start paying her own rent, bills and food and then maybe she might understand what we have to put up with and with her mood swings on top of that she can be someone else's problem for a while and then maybe she will see that we are not the only ones that think she is selfish !! She seriously needs to grow up!! She's 19 years old and has never left home and I think it's time she does coz I have 2 other children and one on the way who are being affected by her moods and it's upsetting them so much and that's just not right!!! Grrr vent over lol I do feel better !!

I think you are doing the right thing and making her stand on her own two feet,she has to learn like us all.She might be fine for a little while and then it can all kick of again.Kids are very good playing with our emotions!You have to think of the other 2 aswell cos like you say it will effect them and all your time will be spent dealing with your daughter.Hope things are better today :) xx

Thanks Hun yeah things have improved a bit which is good because we have the funeral today and it would have been more difficult if my dd was still being a bugger so I'm glad she has gotten over it !! Well I'm 10 weeks and 1 day today and yesterday we did another gendermaker test to find out the sex of the baby and it was pink for girl so it will be interesting to see if the u/s confirms it:) still hope it's a boy but it doesn't bother me :) I have my 12 week nucal u/s in 2 weeks so will post a pic of the nub shot when I get it so we can have fun looking at it :) I asked my friend to look at yours but not sure if she has yet but I'll let u know as soon as I know :) I hope you are feeling well dee and buns isn't giving u too much grief lol are u feeling ok? 2nd trimester here you come just 2 days yippee :)

Glad to hear that things are much better :) maybe losing her grandfather has hit her hard and that's maybe why she acted like that?I'm sure things will be fine and I hope all goes well today.You never know you might get that boy afterall!!! You should give your bump a boys name!!! When I fell pregnant first time round we gave it a girl's name and second time round a boy's name and guess what?! We had a girl first then boy!!!! ha ha Worth a try! Yeah keeping fine thanks,tired but trying to keep myself busy!! Hope you are well! xx

Thankyou yes it was a beautiful service it went exactly to plan, my dad played the last post and it was beautiful and a major tear jerker :( he choked a couple of times but it was amazing :) was so proud of him :) it was a lovely day and the celebrants was incredible we only met with him less than 24 hours before and gave him a brief encounter of papas life and it's was like he was a friend of his talking about him the next day he just made it perfect :) wish he had have been the celebrant at our wedding :) but all in all a beautiful but very sad day :( when we got out of the service there were more people waiting to go into another funeral and all of a sudden 2 kids about 6 and 10 (boys) came running out of the viewing room after seeing their mum who had passed away from food poisoning balling their eyes out, apparently she was a school teacher and well loved there was hundreds of kids and parents there, and apparently these 2 boys didn't have a dad and their mum was a single mum and didn't see any one else except friends and maybe an uncle with them and apparently they don't have anyone else to look after them it was so sad it broke my heart to see those boys and what were people thinking letting those kids see their mum like that that it just was not right grrr now when they think of their mum that is what they will remember !!! It was the saddest thing I have ever seen even sadder than papas funeral considering he had a fantastic life of almost 77 yrs and these poor kids lost a young mum and now have to grow up without one it's just not fair !!! Sorry for rambling just needed to vent lol but I'm glad it's all over that part anyway now!!

The kids all took guesses yesterday on what the baby might be... My 3 girls think it's a girl lol my step daughter thinks it's a boy and my dh does too All the guests hoped it would be a boy, but I still think it's a girl too lol I wish it was a boy I really do hope I'm wrong but yeah I think I'm right :) but only time will tell I guess :) I have the boys name and the girls names already picked out :) I like ... Mercy Alexandra for the girl and I like either Alexander Michael Henry or Alexzander Micah Henry for the boy havent decided which spelling I will choose but I think the first one not sure yet :) my dh chose the name last time when we had our daughter he called her Tayler Jean (after his mum Jean who passed away about 10 yrs or so ago) and our boy will be named henry after his dad who just passed away :) and the Michael part of the name is my dads name and also my dd and I have Michele as our middle names so named after us too :) have u got names yet or any your playing with? Xx

Glad to hear that everything went well and hope you are all doing fine.That was so sad to hear about the young mum :( those poor boys :sad2: life can be so cruel at times.
We haven't thought of names yet but now that our two kids know the happy news I'm sure we will be!!!! xx

Congratulations on being 14 weeks hun that's amazing :) it's fun to think of names :) yes it was so cruel watching those poor kids I really feel for them being without a mum or dad!!! Can u believe she died of food poisoning??? So sad!!! I can still see their faces when they saw their mums body it was heartbreaking :(
Well I hope your feeling well Hun, I'm back at work today after 3 weeks off so that should be interesting lol I'll get to see how much damage they have done since I was away lol have a great day and will talk soon xx

Aww thank you :) yeah feeling fine thanks,back to reality for me too :( Taking bad with getting up so early again!!! So how was your first day back?Probably like you have never been away! Hope you are keeping well too :) xx

Yeah work was still there like it always is lol sometimes I hate that place love my actual job but sometimes hate the place lol I'm looking forward to going on maternity leave in 6 months lol or more like 5 I think I may leave a month before baby is due don't know will see how I go :)

Glad I found this website and this thread! Found out almost 2 weeks ago I am pregnant with our 5th, oldest is 16 and my baby is 8! And it's quite the shock...any encouragement would be great. I am worried about the space, my 4 kids are all buddies and I feel like this one is going to be all left out! lol I'm a worrier and imagine every scenario, I know I'm getting ahead of myself though, I'm barely 6 wks!:)

Glad your day went well and a feeling it would like you were never away always the same!!!
Hi Suzy!! Welcome :) I know exactly how you feel!! This is our 3rd child,our other 2 are 12 and 13!!! So it's like starting all over.Think I'm still in shock and can't actually believe it's happening!I do worry also but I have found a lot of lovely friends on here that put my mind at ease :) xx

Hi suzyq welcome and congratulations :) when I had my 3rd little one my girls were 10 and 17 so I know how u feel it was like starting all over again lol I wondered how my older girls would react to a baby in the house but they loved her and still do they treat her like a doll and they are very protective of her:) the only thing I worried about was that my lo was lonely and shes always waiting for the girls to get home and play with her so that's why we decided to have another baby so she had someone to play with and that she wouldn't feel left out with, she is already saying that it's her baby, she says u have my baby in your tummy mummy lol so cute lol :) she tells me I'm giving her a sister to keep and give bottles to and give it a dummy to (as long as the baby has her own bottles and dummy coz the baby won't be big like her and have a big girls dummy and bottle lol its so funny :) we are hoping for a boy and I think my lo will be very disappointed if it's a boy lol I kind of hope it's a girl in a way coz I have a fabulous name for a girl but I would also like a boy too coz we are going to name him after his papa who died last week so it would be fabulous if I had boy/girl twins lol best of both worlds lol but since there is only one baby (unless one was hiding at the 6 week scan) then I'll just have to pick one whichever sex it may be lol
Dont worry about your other kids I think u will find that they will be fiercely protective of your new baby and they will be thrilled and show the bubs off to everyone they meet lol :) good luck and a h&h 9 months :)

Thanks ladies! Dee you are having another one? Wow, thats exciting:) My dad told me when I had just found out, well you better have 2 so this one doesn't get too spoiled, I was like dad let me just get through this okay?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->