Pretty sure I am at CD1 and need a buddy :(

bahaha yes u do! last cycle was my first one on it n first one I was 100% sure I ovulated. I never really had o symptoms before

What exactly is it? Just soy? Has to be more to it than that lol..

I was wondering too!

Man, these cramps are murder! I came really close to breaking out some hydrocodone from a previous surgery that I've been saving for something like this. One more day to go though.

I'm also wondering.. wtf am I going to do now that I can't start obsessing for another 2 weeks? LOL I think I'm going to go ahead and schedule something for this weekend involving drinks and karaoke, since it'll *hopefully* be my last weekend to do that.

Just found this:
https://www.twoweekwait.com/newsletter/2006-01/

Ooh that sounds fun! DH will be in TX for a few days this weekend, maybe I should try for a girl's night out! Been forever!
Sorry, about your cramps. I am still pretty heavy but surprisingly no cramps...

77% got a BFP the first time??? Makes me want to try it!!!! But the anti estrogen makes me think I might grow a beard or something lol.. Are you going to try it? ?

Hmmm I duno. I guess it doesn't hurt to add it w/ my prenatal. But I need to research it more. I found this:

..the reason you only take the soy Iso for 5 days in the beginning of your cycle is because if you continue you'll not be fertile. It does something in your body to trick the body to make more estrogen to make more or better eggs but if you keep taking it you can get a birth control like effect. Therefore, you should avoid anything with soy in it the rest of your cycle if you take the Soy Isoflavones.

just found this too:
What are soy isoflavones?
Soy isoflavones are natural substances obtained from soy plants. It is thought that soy isoflavones work similar to clomid, as the soy isoflavones weakly bind to estrogen receptors increasing estrogen in a woman's body, thus increasing her chances of ovulating.

How are soy isoflavones taken?
In order for soy isoflavones to work like clomid, they should be taken in a similar manner to clomid, beginning somewhere between day 1 and day 5 of her cycle, and continued for five consecutive days. For example, a woman may take clomid for days 1-5, days 2-6, days 3-7, days 4-8 or days 5-9.

What are the side affects of soy isoflavones?
Side affects of soy isoflavones include upset stomach, diarrhea, and headache.

Is there anything else I should know about soy isoflavones?
Soy isoflavones should be avoided, or discussed with a doctor beforehand, if any of the following conditions are present; breast cance, hepatic disease, prostate cancer, kidney disease, taking hormone treatments, thyroid disease, allergies to soy, peanuts or other legumes.

Soy isoflavones should not be taken while breastfeeding or pregnant.

Soy isoflavones may interact with the following medications; androstenedione, antibiotics, clomiphene, DHEA, contraceptives and other female hormones, finasteride, raloxifene, red clover, tamoxifen, testosterone and other male hormones, thyroid hormones, and toremifene.

-- OK I think I'm going to do 80mg days 3-5 and 120mg days 6-7.

Where are you going in TX??

I'd also like to add that I think SMEP is designed so you get pristine timing without getting sick of BD. It's unlikely that the egg can get fertilized after you O because the swimmers need some time to capacitate. Link here ----> Fertilization, so I see the extra BD as kind of like a last hoorah.

AF is lightening for me today. I'm lucky I only get a day or two of feeling like poop around my period, before I started BC I would never know when it was coming because I never had any symptoms. I have a feeling the only reason I had symptoms this time is because it was my first real period in a while. Tomorrow should be my last day, then 3 more days to begin SMEP! :)

Are you going to try it this cycle?? If so I think I can do days 5-9 right? Or do you have to be on AF?
He is going to Northeast TX, up near the OK border. That's where he is from. He is flying out there tomorrow, picking up his brothers truck (we are taking over payments) and driving back here to CA on Saturday. Will be here Sunday... :)

@Spotless, I wish I only had a few days till smep! I'm hoping the witch leaves this weekend. My cycles normally last 5-6 days but who knows with this last funky cycle!

@Spotless, I wish I only had a few days till smep! I'm hoping the witch leaves this weekend. My cycles normally last 5-6 days but who knows with this last funky cycle!

Well I start the BD every other day from CD8 in 4 days, CD4 today. Ugh I need some OPK's. Maybe I'll make my OH buy some for me :saywhat: LOL

I made mine go buy me tampons and pads yesterday lol.. Gotta love them lol..
I should have my opks in a few days. Never used them so I am kinda excited!!! LoL..
I am going to have to go back and read the smep recipe lol...

Ali - Oh I misread, I thought you guys were going to TX, not just DH. :D Yeah, I'm going to go buy some today and start tomorrow (CD 3-7). You can do 4-8 or 5-9 as well. I think the 5th day is the last 'start' day. I've read taking too much, like over 200mg can increase the length of your cycle.. so that's why I'm doing the 80/80/80/120/120 (which I read a handful of success stories for).

Since AF is being so rough on me, DH went out and bought me brownies, cookies, chocolates and rootbeer - as if I need all that junk - but I totally eat chocolate and soda when I get extra crampy. LOL

Are they pills? Do they have 80mg pills and 120mg pills? Just take it once a day?
I am wanting some soda and chocolate now myself lol.. And I'm not even crampy lol.. Bout to.make some waffles and bacon though lol..

It looks like you can buy them at Walmart and the capsules are 40mg each.. so you'd take 2/2/2/3/3. And yah, once a day.

I haven't even had breakfast! I ate too much last night.

Ok, if you are going to try them then I will go by them today lol..
I'm at work now, blah.. lol.. Good thing this site helps my day go by quicker lol

That two week wait article was the one that made me want to try it...77% success rate?! i was like ok thats worth a try haha the ones I got are standardized. It contains 120mg of Red Clover (also good for fertility) and 100mg of Standardized isoflavones (which is like 40% isoflavones) im still not 100%sure what that means but i talked to another woman on here who used the same ones as me. i started them late in my cycle last month instead of days 3-7 i did cd 5-7 so im trying again this month!

Are you only supposed to take them during AF?

it depends how long your AF is... you're supposed to take them for 4days in the beginning of your cycle but like im taking them cd 3-7 and though I had AF on CD3, it will def be gone by cd7. I just don't think you're supposed to go passed CD9 I believe..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->