Private tests in the UK - where?

candypanda

Reaction score
Hello!

I want to get my progesterone checked as I suspect I might not be ovulating, I don't want to speak to my GP about it just yet... I live in a bit of a close knit place and I want a bit of privacy lol!
So, it there anywhere I can just order blood tests in the UK, when I spoke to Spire they said they'd need a referral from my GP...surely this can't be the case everywhere?

Thanks!

xx

Sorry when I had my tests I went to the gp, hopefully one of the other ladies might have some answers for you

I used an online lab 'medichecks' a few years ago. Expensive but worth it for my privacy.

I used an online lab 'medichecks' a few years ago. Expensive but worth it for my privacy.

Fab! Did you have the progesterone test? I've noticed it says it's a finger prick test, does that sound about right?
Thank you so much x

Hi Hun you can go to any of the fertility clinics without a referal from the GP you just have to pay. Spire is not soley fertility so is a bit different. Maybe easier than online x

Nuffield health do it. I believe blood tests are around £50 each. I'm having them done at my gps as its free on the nhs. X

If you didn't want to pay you could always move gp? then move back again lol! I'm sure a friend would help out by saying you are living there xx

I just dont think i'm entitled to the tests :( I've only been off depo since October last year, but I'm just so convinced i'm not ovulating! I heard that GPs don't do this test unless you've had recurrent mcs :/ x

I can empathise with the struggle to find somewhere in the UK!

I live in a remote place so it's difficult anyway to find a private clinic and my nearest is 3 hours away but unfortunately requires a GP referral which is a pain.

I hope you find somewhere. I was also considering doing one through online etc but wasn't sure how reliable it was so be interesting to see what people say in this thread. x

I was only trying for a few months after being off BCPs before my GP ordered Day 3 tests, a progesterone test and a transvaginal u/s to check things out because I was having irregular periods. I've had 4 progesterone tests in the year I've been trying and the Day 3 tests three times so far, so you definitely don't have to have a mc. In my case it was irregular periods, a history of irregular periods and probably my age (37 when I started TTC). I know that doesn't help the privacy issue, but I've had the impression they're happy to do the blood tests on the NHS.

Londons womens clinic, but your gp will do the tests :thumbup:

Thank you ladies! I think I'm going to just bite the bullet and go to my GP :) hope he doesn't turn me down, my cycles are really regular but my charts are just making me concerned.. and my lack of EWCM.

Here's my chart https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c7b6b it just looks a bit...off.

:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->