Problems sleeping due to hip pain...

stephi85

Mum to Lucy Elizabeth
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else has this, but its driving me crazy and i'm starting to wonder if its normal??
My midwife said i have to sleep on my sides now as its bad for the baby if i sleep on my back. I've been propping myself up with pillows to make sure i stay on my sides when im asleep, but i keep waking up sooo many times in the night with pains in my hips. When i get up in the morning the pain takes agaes to wear off and it just seems to be getting worse....is this just because im sleeping on my side more, or is there some kind of problem???
Any advice would be appreciated because its driving me crazy and im finding it harder and harder to sleep through the pain :(

I hear ya! I had this for a couple of weeks as well but it's gone now. I would wake up and my hip would be killing me (mostly my right). Turning to the other side did the trick for me and I didn't have any problems during the day or anything. No idea where it came from and why it suddenly stopped again though....

I keep turning - and wake up with it all night. I have no solution!

I am having this problem as well. There are a few other posts on here that talk about this-- try putting a pillow in between your legs. This doesnt work for me, I still hurt, but a lot of op swear by it. Also, a few people use pregnancy pillows.

my hip pains irritated most from walking bending, sitting wrong ect, im gooing to pysio next week. take some paracetamol. try changing your mattress over. there might be spring digging through, old or new bed. x

I have the same hip pain since I started sleeping on my side. Putting a pillow between the legs really helps me. I need to use a big fluffy pillow to get enough relief. I never bought one of those official pregnancy pillows though. If I happen to have really bad hip pain while sleeping, I will allow myself to lay on my back. I figure it can't be that bad to lay on my back since no one told our ancestors to lay on the side and we all turned out fine.

Me too! No solutions tho! Going to ask midwife when I next see her x

I have/had this BODY PILLOW worked wonders!! I lay on my good hip with my other leg over it. I can't tell u how much it seems to have helped mine xx

fab thanks everyone, i'll try putting a pillow between my legs and see if that helps :) xx

I found if i use a body pillow and massager it helps :).

I use the pillow trick for when I sleep on my side, but my hip still wakes me up after a couple of hours. So my new favorite position is sleeping on my back with lots of pillows so that I'm not lying flat, more reclined. It has really helped! Slept several hours in a row for the first time in quite a while.
Hope it gets better, we still have quite a ways to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->