Provera and Clomid buddies?

Hey everyone! My doctor's appointment is tomorrow...hoping to walk out of that office with a prescrip for Clomid in my hand, and a smile on my face!!

Make that a prescrip for Provera too, since AF still hasn't showed up! :dohh:

The day after acupuncture I had a stinking headache all day, this was the same last time so I'm guessing it's not a coincidence. I also had a couple of gushes of very watery CM today, I've never had this before so I'm thinking maybe it is also related. Out of interest do u have the watery CM? And if so is it at certain times in your cycle?

Hi. I've just experienced the same thing today....I'm CD15 and have just had a few gushes of watery CM, which I've never had before. I also keep getting a dull ache, similar to period pain - I'm really hoping this might mean I'm ovulating. Everything is crossed!!

Lisa- good luck at the docs I hope they get things moving for you.

Colse- let's hope the watery CM is a good sign for us!

Damita - sound really positive for ovulation, r u goin to be using OPKs or anything?

Update from me, currently on CD26, I tested with OPKs from day 10 to day 22 and didn't get a positive, so I'm not expecting AF on day 29/30 as per my previous ovulatory cycles. Will take a HPT just to be on the safe side but then will have to talk to Doc about next steps.

Had my 3rd round of acupuncture today, felt very dreamy this time, told him about the headaches following day and he changed a few of the places for the needles. I still get very anxious prior to treatment but once they are in I'm fine. Felt a few twinges around right ovary a few hours after.

Hope everyone else is well and growing nice big follies! :flower:

Well here's my course of action: 1. Get blood test (hopefully tomorrow) to check progesterone and make sure I didn't ovulate
2. Once that is confirmed, induce my period (she said with Progesterone, I'm guessing that's Provera? You ladies can confirm that I'm sure :))
3. Within 10 days of starting my period, have a hsg done to make sure my tubes are open and everything looks normal
4. If that's all good, start Clomid

I was hoping to go right to Provera/Clomid :haha: but I suppose it makes the most sense to make sure my tubes are open and all that. She also said many women get pregnant after their hsg because their tubes are flushed and fully open. So who knows. But at least things are moving in the right direction. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the well wishes and positive thoughts ladies. :hugs: Looks like I'll be an OFFICIAL member of this thread (i.e. Provera and Clomid user) very soon!! :rofl:

Great news Lisa, sounds like it's all moving in the right direction for you. Provera is the progesterone but there are alternatives they can use. :wohoo:

So just thought I would pop on to give u an update. CD29 today no AF and BFN, 100% sure I've not ovulated. So gonna give docs a call Monday, not sure there is any point in me taking another round of provera/clomid/metformin, done 7 rounds now, only 3 have made me ovulate and the last one was the highest dose of everything! :wacko:

I hope you have ovulated, hope your ok kat.

Fine thanks lily, just getting on with it and not letting it get me stressed as I know it won't do me any favours! Also trying not to let work get me stressed as my job is a bit up in the air at the moment.

Trying to stay positive though and remember there are a he'll of a lot of people worse off than me. X

Kat just take my aproach and remember that we fit our jobs around our life and not the other way round, I used to take my job so seriously and get stressed etc but the one day I just thought, we are all just a number and everyone is replaceable so concentrate on r lives 1st hand.

Just remember we are all here for each other x

Hey ladies sorry I havn't been around.. I've been a little busy.. I stopped my last day of provera on friday and now just waiting for af so I can start clomid again!

lol I just replied to you on the other thread, I hope you are not waiting too long so you can get taking your clomid again

I got my bloodwork done Wednesday so I should be getting results soon...which I'm sure will say that I did NOT ovulate!! I am anxious to start Provera and get on with it already!!

Any side effects I should be preparing myself for??

Hey ladies sorry I havn't been around.. I've been a little busy.. I stopped my last day of provera on friday and now just waiting for af so I can start clomid again!

Hope AF comes soon!! How long does it usually ake after your last pill??

1st time on provera-- 2 days
2nd time on provera-- 3 days

I'm on the 3rd day right now after provera and no af yet...

Oh man. Hopefully the 4th day will be the one. FX!

Random question, not sure if you ladies know - do many girls need Provera regularly once they take it, or does the body sometimes kind of like "reset itself" after taking Provera once?

I have to take it every month to get AF...I went a few months without taking it...and nothing...so IDK could be different for other people.

Oh man. Hopefully the 4th day will be the one. FX!

Random question, not sure if you ladies know - do many girls need Provera regularly once they take it, or does the body sometimes kind of like "reset itself" after taking Provera once?

I've heared of some ladies who have taken provera once and it fixed their cycles but not very much.. But if your also taking clomid and you ovulate on it you should get your af by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->