Provera and Clomid buddies?

Hi, so I had my hospital appointment yesterday to discuss next steps. Was given the two options I was expecting ovarian drilling or injectables. There are risks with both however I have opted for the ovarian drilling. This is basically a laparoscopy and 4 holes are drilled in each overy which then somehow kick starts your ovaries to produce the right hormones to ovulate. It's a minor operation under general anaesthetic with 2 weeks off work.

The injectables increase the risk of multiples but if the drilling doesn't work I can still have 3 rounds of this.

Operation will be early January, So going to relax for a couple of months! Will be really nice to not be worrying about which CD I'm on. Obviously I won't have much to report for a while but I'm going to continue reading the thread to see how you are all getting on.

Good luck to you all! :hugs:

AF is officially here!!! :yipee: I haven't been this happy to see her in over a year!!!

Great news, are you starting clomid today then?

No Clomid yet! Have an hsg scheduled for Monday and then hopefully Clomid soon after. I asked for Clomid before the hsg but I couldn't convince my dr haha.

Makes sense to have the hsg first i suppose as you don't want to stimulate lots of eggs if you potentially had some form of blockage in your tubes. Good luck, hope you get the all clear and you will be on the clomid before you know it! :thumbup:

Thanks Kat!! Ovarian drilling sounds interesting, I've seen people talk about it but never knew what it was. I hope that it works for you! :hugs: Until then, yes, relax!! It will be nice to not "have" to worry about TTC for a while.

Do you girls know if Clomid ever prescribed starting day 8 or after?? The dr just called me back, because she wanted to touch base with the other dr who knew my history, and confirmed that "the decision about Clomid will be made after my hsg". Does that mean she may have me take it that late in my cycle??

hey girls, I'm on day 6 of a 7 day course of provera, wish time would go quicker so.I can get on my 4th round of clomid. Hope everyone is ok, going to catch up on the thread now x

Look how cute this is!!

https://www.cafepress.com/+lil_turkey_maternity_tshirt,177170812

Hey girls. Soooo, I had my hsg yesterday and all was good with my tubes, so I was super happy. Then, my dr called today and goes "the good news is your tubes are open, the bad news is that you have a large polpy or fibriod". So now I need to have surgery under anesthesia to investigate, if it a polyp she can remove it then, if it's a fibriod I get referred to an reproductive endo, who has other surgical methods. Needless to say I got off the phone with her and completely lost it, I actually think I had a mini-panic attack which has never happened to me. I called my mom (who didn't even know we were TTC) in hysterics, she came right over, and I filled her in. Sigh...what an evening.

Oh Lisa, I was so happy for you at the start of your post, I am so sorry it has worked out this way, I know it is easy said but not so easy done but please try not to think the worst, chances are she will be able to remove it herself without having to refer you further, did she say when this was going to happen? I hope you dont have to wait too long.

P.s. that is how I ended up telling my Mum we were ttc, some sort of a mini breakdown, it can all get too much sometimes, just know we are all here for you

Thanks Lily. This TTC journey is truly longer and more difficult than I ever imagined it being. I have to call tomorrow to schedule the surgery. I'm also worried about how much time I'll have to take off work, I don't want people asking questions.

Yeah I know what you mean, but just remember that this is way more important than work (thats what I have to tell myself) Tell them anything you want, they dont have to know the exact reason, make something else up, find out if you will need to be off for a few days or a week etc and either book it off as holidays or just tell them you are ... hmm let me think .... getting a mole removed under anaesthetic? or you had an abnormal smear and they are burning off some abnormal cells ( that is really common here and you need time off for that) Try not to worry though, thats the main thing

Hello you lovely ladies! Haven't been on here for a while so going to have a read to catch up with where you all are :)

Update from me.....had my cd21 blood test on tuesday after 100mg clomid and I have finally ovulated!!! Yipee!!! My levels were 82.3!! Last two times they've been 1.8 and 1.1, so a massive change. Feel like AF is on the way soon which will be nice rather than taking provera. Hospital have prescribed 3 more months of 100mg. So happy I ovulated and hopefully won't have to go down the ivf route.

Lots of baby dust to you all!! xx

Hello you lovely ladies! Haven't been on here for a while so going to have a read to catch up with where you all are :)

Update from me.....had my cd21 blood test on tuesday after 100mg clomid and I have finally ovulated!!! Yipee!!! My levels were 82.3!! Last two times they've been 1.8 and 1.1, so a massive change. Feel like AF is on the way soon which will be nice rather than taking provera. Hospital have prescribed 3 more months of 100mg. So happy I ovulated and hopefully won't have to go down the ivf route.

Lots of baby dust to you all!! xx

Hi Colse, great news about the ovulation and that level is really good. Don't forget your not out of the game until the witch appears! Good luck. X

Hey girls. Soooo, I had my hsg yesterday and all was good with my tubes, so I was super happy. Then, my dr called today and goes "the good news is your tubes are open, the bad news is that you have a large polpy or fibriod". So now I need to have surgery under anesthesia to investigate, if it a polyp she can remove it then, if it's a fibriod I get referred to an reproductive endo, who has other surgical methods. Needless to say I got off the phone with her and completely lost it, I actually think I had a mini-panic attack which has never happened to me. I called my mom (who didn't even know we were TTC) in hysterics, she came right over, and I filled her in. Sigh...what an evening.

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear about your troubles, great news about your tubes and I'm sure you will be all back on track once the polyp is removed and you never know it will probably help things out. I hope your feeling a little better now, keep us updated on everything. X

hey girls, I'm on day 6 of a 7 day course of provera, wish time would go quicker so.I can get on my 4th round of clomid. Hope everyone is ok, going to catch up on the thread now x

Hi lily, are you taking 100mg again or will you be upping the dose? X

Colse - Yeah!! Awesome news.

Kat - Thanks. I've been able to calm down over the past few days and am feeling better about the whole thing. I have an appt on the 16th with the dr to discuss options. A friend of mine was saying she thinks this has been the 'plan' all along - I wasn't meant to get pregnant right away, so that this issue could be found and taken care of, so that when I do get pregnant there are no complications. I thought that was a nice way to think of it. :)

great news colse!

kat they are keeping me on 100 again

lisa your friend sounds lovely, that is a really nice way to think of it

great news colse!

kat they are keeping me on 100 again

lisa your friend sounds lovely, that is a really nice way to think of it

Yeah I thought so too. She started the conversation off by saying, "Not to get all spiritual and shit, but....." :rofl:

lol good friends like that are hard to come by!

Hey ladies this morning I was suppose to start the provera so I took a pregnancy test before I was going to start the meds and it had the faintest line that almost looked like an evap and I called my dr to see if I can have a blood test and got that done and it came back positive!!! Even after it looked like I wasn't going to ovulate from my ultrasound! I think I ovulated on the 26th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->