Provera and Clomid buddies?

Hey gals I have been stalking for a while and have a few questions. Just a little about me I am on my 3rd cycle of provera and clomid. First cycle clomid 50 mg cd5-9 cd 21 progesterone came back at 9.6 no o. 2nd cycle still with 50mg of clomid cd 23 progesterone came back 0.4 still no o. Will be starting clomid 100mg this next cycle.
My first question is my doctor prescribed me to take clomid cd 5-9 and cousin of mine and some of you ladies take your clomid cd2-6. Why differnt day?
Doing they only prescribed metformin with clomid for women with pcos? Thanks and :dust: to all!

I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bfp: :happydance:

Did a test yesterday and I couldn't believe my eyes! I sobbed. Called the hospital and I'm booked in for a scan on 29th nov, should be 6/7 weeks then.
What a roller coaster! Last month being told I should consider ivf by a stupid nurse and now I'm 4 weeks pregnant! My boobs have been killing me and had mild cramping in my stomach, I just thought these were symptoms of af. I also just felt 'different' and been very tired. I know its still early days and long journey ahead so I'm trying not to get too excited. It doesn't seem real yet. I don't know whether the reason I fell was because this cycle I was so much more relaxed, I just had it in my head that clomid wouldn't work for me and I'd need ivf. I didn't even think we properly 'went' for it either compared to previous cycles! :sex:

I wish you all lots of luck. Baby dust to all :hugs: xxx

Congratulation Colse that's amazing! So pleased for you and may the good news on this thread continue. X :happydance:

Hey gals I have been stalking for a while and have a few questions. Just a little about me I am on my 3rd cycle of provera and clomid. First cycle clomid 50 mg cd5-9 cd 21 progesterone came back at 9.6 no o. 2nd cycle still with 50mg of clomid cd 23 progesterone came back 0.4 still no o. Will be starting clomid 100mg this next cycle.
My first question is my doctor prescribed me to take clomid cd 5-9 and cousin of mine and some of you ladies take your clomid cd2-6. Why differnt day?
Doing they only prescribed metformin with clomid for women with pcos? Thanks and :dust: to all!

Welcome jme84, sorry I don't really know the answers to your questions, I think It depends on which doc you go to as to which days you take the clomid. With the metformin I do believe that it is prescribed when you have PCOS as its all to do with insulin levels and the metformin balances things out. Good luck with your next cycle. X

thanks girls, well I got my provera prescription and I now have to take 100 mg 2 times a day (before it was 10mg X2 a day) so if this doesnt shift it then nothing will! he also said if 150clomid doesnt work this time then he doesnt think clomid is for me :(

I am glad everything is going well ann

Lisa your appt will behere before you know it

Hi lily, sorry you have been having a tough time with the provera, this happened to me the last time I had to take it and I also had to have the higher dose which actually started a monster period before I had finished taking the course! So I'm sure it will do the trick. Glad to hear they have upped your clomid dose too. X

Hello, I have just come back from Centreparcs which was lovely, and more great news on this thread, so pleased for you Colse!

Well just thought I would let you know that my operation will be on the 12th January, with my pre op happening this Monday. Mixed feelings about the operation, sometimes I feel really excited as it can actually help your ovaries to function on a long term basis which would be excellent. Just a bit scared of being put to sleep as i have been lucky as to not need an operation before but I'm sure it will be fine.

OMG!!! congrats colse! so happy for you!! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months

Kat thankyou, I hope this shifts it and I get to try clomid again, good luck for your op, is it the ovarian drilling you are getting done?

jme84 - welcome, I am no expert but from what I have read on here it seems the ealier you take it the more eggs and the later apparently you vet less eggs but they are more mature. I take mine 2-6 and have only ov once and I only had 1 egg so I dont exactly fit those statistics, I think every person is different though. As for the met, I am actually baffled on that as my doc wont let me have it, he says he doesnt agree with using it together with clomidm even though I have seen plenty of girls on here who are on both and some who have gotten a bfp on both! good luck

Colse - Hooray!! Your news just made my eyes fill up wih tears of joy. Congratulations!!

Kat - Good luck at your appt. I also have to be put under for my surgery and am very freaked out about it!!

I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bfp: :happydance:

Did a test yesterday and I couldn't believe my eyes! I sobbed. Called the hospital and I'm booked in for a scan on 29th nov, should be 6/7 weeks then.
What a roller coaster! Last month being told I should consider ivf by a stupid nurse and now I'm 4 weeks pregnant! My boobs have been killing me and had mild cramping in my stomach, I just thought these were symptoms of af. I also just felt 'different' and been very tired. I know its still early days and long journey ahead so I'm trying not to get too excited. It doesn't seem real yet. I don't know whether the reason I fell was because this cycle I was so much more relaxed, I just had it in my head that clomid wouldn't work for me and I'd need ivf. I didn't even think we properly 'went' for it either compared to previous cycles! :sex:

I wish you all lots of luck. Baby dust to all :hugs: xxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

So I've been doing opks just to keep an eye on things even though we can't really try this cycle, and I think they're getting close to positive! I would be so happy if I ovulated, since I didn't last cycle (the one that was 123 days) and did really late the cycle before (like cd42). Hope my body is getting back on track! Anyone know how to upload a pic from a iPhone??

good luck lisa, I hope you ovulate :) Sorry I dont know how to upload pics :(

kat how did your pre op go today?

afm - I rang the hospital today to see what to do as my af is desperately trying to break through, I was asking them if I can just stopthe provera now to let af come properly and start my clomid but they said no finish the course so today is day 5 of 7,Wednesday will finish me but tonight after they told me to carry on, I got a full bleed that I would class as cd1?!?! I am so confused on what to do, part of me is saying ring them back again in the morning and part of me is saying that I am sure they are sick hearing from me and just carry on .......... I just dont want to mess this up as they are saying if I dont ovulate this time then we have to look at other options ( even though I stillhave enough clomid left for another sneaky cycle after if this one fails lol)

What do yous think?

Lily I would count today as cd1 since the bleeding is more then just spotting, but continue with the Provera since that's what they told you to do. Only 2 more days shouldn't make that much of a difference anyway.

This is why I am so confused as I am supposed to take my clomid cd2 - 6 and cant take provera and clomid together :( soooo confusing! I just wish my body for once in its life would do something it is supposed to do :(

Anyway I am sure your bored hearing me whinge on! lol How are you?

Ohh. Hmm. I would just push the Clomid back a day then.

I'm good. Nothing much happening here. Got my dr's appt Wed to discuss hsg results/surgery.

Oh good luck for Wednesday, I hope you get started on clomid soon :)

I think I will see how the bleeding is in the morning and ring hem again, I hate to torture them but its always better to check if unsure.

They probably cant not wait until I get pregnant just to get rid of me after all the phoncalls and emergency scans with the clomid and provera both not working, even though they are most likely sick of me, they are always so lovely

Me too. I hope she wants to schedule my surgery soon, but I have a feeling she's going to want me to get AF before it, which will mean Provera. Ugh. This is all so frustrating!

Yes definitely call your dr if it will make you feel better. Then you'll be totally sure. Just remember, they are there to help you, it's their job, so don't feel bad about bothering them! :)

kat how did your pre op go today?

afm - I rang the hospital today to see what to do as my af is desperately trying to break through, I was asking them if I can just stopthe provera now to let af come properly and start my clomid but they said no finish the course so today is day 5 of 7,Wednesday will finish me but tonight after they told me to carry on, I got a full bleed that I would class as cd1?!?! I am so confused on what to do, part of me is saying ring them back again in the morning and part of me is saying that I am sure they are sick hearing from me and just carry on .......... I just dont want to mess this up as they are saying if I dont ovulate this time then we have to look at other options ( even though I stillhave enough clomid left for another sneaky cycle after if this one fails lol)

What do yous think?

Hi lily, this exact thing happened to me and my doc who i talked too direct advised to stop taking the provera as it had done its job and start taking the clomid on day 2 as per usual, hope this helps.

My pre op was absolutely fine just urine sample, blood sample, blood pressure etc etc, lots of health questions. Roll on the new year! :thumbup:

Lisa just think all this provera business will hopefully be worth it one day, I hope you dont have to wait too long

kat thats good your pre op went well I bet you just want it done and dusted now but it wont be long coming round. I was of that thinking with the provera too, that is why I initially rang them this morning and was unsure when they said no carry on, but I thought well, you know best, until tonight, BUT since I have been on here it has died away back to practically nothing again, just there when I wipe (sorry tmi). But tben I just took my second tablet not that long ago as I take 2 a day, 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

So confusing!

Lily - I was just wondering how you have got on today? What u ended up doing with the provera/AF/clomid situation!

Kat:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"