Provera and Clomid buddies?

Hi

I am also in the same shoes as you. I suffer from PCOS and after waiting 74 days for my cycle to appear (which randomly stopped) so i could start clomid, i was forced to take Provera and would you believe it .. 5 days later my cycle started. Currently on 50mg clomid day 2- day 6 of cycle. On my second day of taking it and so far no major side effects. On day 21 will be tested to see if finally ovulated so fingers crossed that it does.

Unfortunately i had my thyroid removed 2 yrs ago and my levels are a little high again so trying to get that correct my altering my dose of Thyroxine continuously and 80% chance of developing diabetes whilst pregnant but i'm not deterred.

Ok sounds good :)

Hi

I am also in the same shoes as you. I suffer from PCOS and after waiting 74 days for my cycle to appear (which randomly stopped) so i could start clomid, i was forced to take Provera and would you believe it .. 5 days later my cycle started. Currently on 50mg clomid day 2- day 6 of cycle. On my second day of taking it and so far no major side effects. On day 21 will be tested to see if finally ovulated so fingers crossed that it does.

Unfortunately i had my thyroid removed 2 yrs ago and my levels are a little high again so trying to get that correct my altering my dose of Thyroxine continuously and 80% chance of developing diabetes whilst pregnant but i'm not deterred.:happydance:

ladys at the end of ur pages u have charts how did yee get them up iv been trying to do it for ages?

Hi Layla, not sure I can describe this very well, what you need to do is create a signature which is one of the options on the left hand side when you are on 'user cp'. once you have created the ticker in whatever site it will usually give you a few different options to use, simply copy and paste the address into the siggy, then there is a 'view signature' button so at you can see if it's worked.

If one doesn't work just try the other option it's gives you and this will tend to work.

Does this make any sense? Xx :winkwink:

Kat

How's everyone doing?

Hi Lucy, I'm on cd 16 Of what I hope is going to be a nice short natural cycle. :thumbup: Only sign so far that OV maybe on its way is some watery cm today, as you wil see from my temping chart, temps are still low. Fingers crossed!!

How's you?

How's anyone else? Lily? Lisa? Damita? Layla? And Anyone i may have missed Xxxxxxx :kiss:

yay i got it, so as for me still waiting on af 2 go away, its been a week now and shes just as heavy as she was in the beginning, better be gone soon il be needing to get other things done soon:blush:

while on clomid i was fine no crazy side effects, but now im getting hot flashes, mostly at night, i hate them, did u have them, i also had some cramping but thats passed, just waiting now on af to go, im not sure when il be ov so i bought alot of opks just so il no for sure, il probly use them all in one day knowing me, iv been reading other storys about clomid and i no that women can be giving it to take on diff days such as 2-6 ect but mine was 2-5 only 4 pills whereas others wer all 5? do u think maby my doc made a boo boo? or am i just been greedy and wanting more cause other got more than me haha:haha:

I got quite a lots of side effects when I was on clomid, made me feel very anxious and down and also had the hot flashes, especially at night time. But they soon go and worth it if it works.

I was on days 2-6, I think it is usually 5 days although it all varies so much from doc to doc, area to area. Maybe his is just seeing how you react on as low a dose as possible. The lower the better really as it can effect your lining, making it too thin.

Good luck, hope you get a lovely positive OPK soon. How were your cycles before? X

I got quite a lots of side effects when I was on clomid, made me feel very anxious and down and also had the hot flashes, especially at night time. But they soon go and worth it if it works.

I was on days 2-6, I think it is usually 5 days although it all varies so much from doc to doc, area to area. Maybe his is just seeing how you react on as low a dose as possible. The lower the better really as it can effect your lining, making it too thin.

Good luck, hope you get a lovely positive OPK soon. How were your cycles before? X

cycles, is that what women call them haha, virtually nonexistent, two/three times a year, so i took provera to bring it on, if clomid dosnt work this time round il go on a higher dose and il be monitored, is this ur first round of clomid?

Yeah mine we're the same, thought it was great at the time! :dohh:

I joined this thread right at the start when I was on the meds but 7 rounds later was decided I needed to try something else as it was not working for me. Only ovulated a couple of times.

So I had the ovarian drilling in January, I have had a natural 33 day cycle since and now I'm on cd17 praying that I have another natural cycle.

Still hanging around this thread as lots of lovely ladies who got me through the clomid months! Xxx

Yeah mine we're the same, thought it was great at the time! :dohh:

I joined this thread right at the start when I was on the meds but 7 rounds later was decided I needed to try something else as it was not working for me. Only ovulated a couple of times.

So I had the ovarian drilling in January, I have had a natural 33 day cycle since and now I'm on cd17 praying that I have another natural cycle.

Still hanging around this thread as lots of lovely ladies who got me through the clomid months! Xxx

Ur right it can be helpful to talk to other women going tru the same, my hubby isnt one for talking about it as much as me, so I found great support here, as for the ovi drilling ouch that sounds painful, im going to do afew cycles of clomid then try other things if it dosnt work

Hi, so it's cd21 bloods for me tomorrow, I really don't think it's going to show anything as im really not sure whether I have ovulated. If I have it's probably just in the past couple of days. Luckily they are also testing on cd28 and cd 35.

Let's hope it shows my ovaries have got active! :winkwink:

lets hope u get some good news to lift ur spirits, have u been using the opks aswell? i started using them today, probly abit early but just incase i said id start, no ovulation yet but fingers crossed.

Yeah been using the OPKs for about 6 days, not detected a LH surge as yet, so who knows!

I'm totally gutted girls, I got my results today from my gp of my cd21 bloods, he says they show no ovulation, even though the fs at the hosp was convinced my follie was on track and my opks tie in with when she said I would ov?? I don't know what is going on, had a bit of an argument with gp on phone earlier (he is so rude, he is the one who wouldn't help me until a year was up even though I wasn't ov'ing or having periods in that year) so I have been in tears most of the day.

Sorry for putting a ranty downer on yous :( x

Hi lily, hope you are ok? I know you were pretty upset the last time you posted here. Have you had any luck getting some answers or discussin next steps? X :hugs:

2nd cycle clomid failed for me. The witch got me yesterday. Also did some blood work last week and came up with hyperthyrodism :(. IVF#2 cycle now cancelled for March till aam cleared by the endo doc. So i guess i"ll just relax and and a break for now. baby dust to all u lovely ladies. I'll show up time to time to cheer everyone up. love you all loads

2nd cycle clomid failed for me. The witch got me yesterday. Also did some blood work last week and came up with hyperthyrodism :(. IVF#2 cycle now cancelled for March till aam cleared by the endo doc. So i guess i"ll just relax and and a break for now. baby dust to all u lovely ladies. I'll show up time to time to cheer everyone up. love you all loads
So sorry to here that but ul get there sion hun fingers crossed its only a short wait for u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->