PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise) positive thinkers!! Come join!! ;)

Hi Elleff!! Nice to meet you darling!

How are you all doing today ladies?
I was thinking maybe we could all tell the story of how we met our OH. it would pull our minds off a little about ttc and remember the love story that brought us to want to ttc. ;)

Ever since my mc I've had a few cramps etc and its hard to know whether its ovulation or just from the mc.

Hi Elle! I had odd cramping for a couple of weeks after my MC too. I thought at the time it was ovulation cramps, but since it continued for awhile, I think it's more likely it was just my body readjusting.

I was thinking maybe we could all tell the story of how we met our OH. it would pull our minds off a little about ttc and remember the love story that brought us to want to ttc. ;)

I love this idea!

DH and I grew up in the same town. When we were younger, DH used to ask some mutual friends about me. When I was senior in high school, I didn't have a date to the prom, so our mutual friend gave me DH's number and suggested that I call because he'd been asking about me. Anyway, DH is an identical twin, so a couple of months later I called, but asked for his brother!! I'd gotten their names mixed up!! :blush: After a couple of phone conversations with the wrong brother, I figured out my mistake and DH and I started talking. He said no when I asked him to prom! (Fair enough though, since I'd just been talking to his brother! :winkwink:)

We kept talking and casually dating through my freshman year of college. At the beginning of my sophomore year, DH asked me to make it official. A couple of months later, we started looking at engagement rings! [DH told me later that he didn't want to ask me to be his girlfriend unless he could see himself marrying me! :haha:]

We got engaged on our one year anniversary and married 11 months later. Now we've been married for about 4.5 years and I couldn't be happier! He's the perfect match for me! :flow:

I met my husband when I was 16- my family moved into the house across the street from him! We were BFFs for about a year and we carpooled to school together every morning :) Then one night around Christmas it turned into more and have been together ever since... almost 15 years now:happydance::happydance::happydance:
We got married 3 years ago and it's been awesome, I love our little family. So I've never really dated anyone else.... but when you know, you just know right??? :)

Well after this mornings temps I am now convinced that I am 8 DPO, so feeling pretty good and happy that I actually made it through the first week of the TWW without even knowing it, nice surpise.

Sally- what a great idea!
Well I married my rebound guy LOL. I was living in Minneapolis for 6 months and was happily dating a guy down there who I thought was 'the one' but he had some commitment issues so he broke it off and I came back to Canada with a broken heart. I started a new job a couple weeks later in August 2009 as a receptionist for a trucking company that my step mom and Dad work for. I had some problems with one of the drivers paperwork one day so I asked my co-worker about it and he said "oh he's here, hang on I will get him and we'll ask him about it" Well OH walked around the corner and I was love struck! There was the most gorgeous man I had ever met! I figured he was WAAAAY out of my league, and he lived 8 hours away (most of our drivers don't live in the same city thier company is based out of) so I figured this would never work. But one day I was outside on my break and I thought, you know if he comes outside while I'm out here I'm going to ask him out for coffee, like 1 minute later he walked outside, so I did and he said sure! Within 3 months we moved in together (he made the move to Winnipeg from Thunder Bay for me) and I don't think it had much to do with us feeling 'really strongly' about each other but we were both in a temporary living situation and both needed a place of our own and with him being a long haul driver, I suggested we get a place together instead of him paying outrageous rent for a place he's only at 8 days a month! So things moved on and we had a lot of fun together but really we were only together for 1 or 2 days every week so I don't think we REALLY knew each other that well until June 2010 when he hurt himself on the job and was on Workers Comp for 3 months... well then we were together all the time and then we REAAAALLLLY got to know one another. It was a tough go but we made it through and I knew that if we could get through that then we could probably get through anything. I guess he felt the same because he proposed to me that September! Married July 2011 and I couldn't be happier. I had no idea that he was going to be the one when I met him, but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined!

I was living in Minneapolis for 6 months and was happily dating a guy down there who I thought was 'the one' but he had some commitment issues so he broke it off and I came back to Canada with a broken heart. I started a new job a couple weeks later in August 2009 as a receptionist for a trucking company that my step mom and Dad work for. I had some problems with one of the drivers paperwork one day so I asked my co-worker about it and he said "oh he's here, hang on I will get him and we'll ask him about it" Well OH walked around the corner and I was love struck!

How cute! Isn't it funny how we can be heartbroken when something doesn't work out, only to learn that something better is waiting for us just around the corner?

When I was looking for jobs last year, I kept getting rejection after rejection. I didn't really LIKE any of the jobs I was applying for, but I wanted to be at least working in my field and making a decent salary (it's hard to pay back grad school loans working retail part-time!!!!!). Anyway, I finally got so discouraged, convinced I would NEVER get a job in my field. A couple of months later, completely out of the blue I got a phone call offering me my absolute DREAM JOB!! If I had gotten any of those other jobs, I never would be working in my dream job now!!

I really try to keep that in mind during this TTC journey, that sometimes we have to endure heartbreak and uncertainty because what we really need is waiting for us just around the corner!

Aww ladies those are some wonderful stories.
To be hoenst you all my my stroy to shame. :p Oh and i worked together and he told me later he was sure the moment he first saw me he knew that he would someday be mine. And i suppose he was right. He started flirting, and i was coming out of a relationship actually a string of short ones that seem to be mistake after mistake. He is younger than me and just wasnt my type at all. Things stayed that way for a year, me single him trying. while i made it perfectly clear i would never date him. LOL We were close friends tho for the mean time. After awhile i suppose he decided to give up and started dating another girl. Guess the age old jealousy monster reared his ugly head and i couldnt have it. So i told him id give him a shot with me. :p Turns out it took only a dew short weeks to realize i had the man of my dreams and to fall in love. :)

Topanga that is the exact attitude we need here. Remembering there si a reason we havent gotten our bfp yet and we are just around the corner of something absolutely amazing.

Hey! Can I join you?:hugs:

Probably you already know my story as I'm posting so much here, but hey more support the better :thumbup:

Well you can see my story so far below... we have been trying a while! Then I had bfp on 3.1.13 then started cramping eve of 5th then had full on af after hospital where I had a scan to find nothing and negative hpt :cry:

But on wards and upwards I'm now CD 11 and having a little ewcm :happydance: I will be buying opk clear blue digital tomorrow and will hopefully ov in next few days...

My weapons are metformin 500mg, pre conception multi vitamins and omega 3. Oh...and green tea, at least 2 cups cause it gives me good ewcm! :coffee:

Lady, I'm so sorry for your loss, but how exciting to finally get a :bfp: after all of that!!!! :happydance::happydance: I hope that means you've gotten things sorted out and another :bfp: and sticky bean is on its way in the next month or two!!!!

Lady, I'm so sorry for your loss, but how exciting to finally get a :bfp: after all of that!!!! :happydance::happydance: I hope that means you've gotten things sorted out and another :bfp: and sticky bean is on its way in the next month or two!!!!

I know took so long! I feel positive though cause I honestly thought I'd never see two lines.:happydance:

I'd love it so much if we get preg again this month, I've heared so many people getting bfp the month after! :cloud9:

HI! I am here by invitation, I am a positive thinker every month, and then became crazy in the TWW lol. So maybe being in this thread will help me! I don't want to test early anymore... But I don't know how I'll wait! If I have no tests in the house, I go buy some haha.

Hi Ready!! happy to see u here!! ;)
MY trick when we were ttc earlier was in my twwo i made sure no tests and in the crucial times i gave all money credit and debit cards to oh. Whose instructions were NOT to let me test!! :p it worked....for only 2 months then...not soo much HAHA

Having serious lower back pain this afternoon, also with some mild cramping that kind of radiates to my back. Sitting here with heating pad on my back and i can still feel the discomfort. This is very unusual for me! But a good sign for 8 DPO correct??

Hi ladies! Is there room for another one?! :flower:

I'm Lora and we lost our 2nd angel in Sept 12 @ almost 18 weeks into the pregnancy (MMC) We started TTC a couple of weeks later but i bled on and off for a good 6 weeks so this is really only our 3rd cycle.

Im currently in the TWW, used pre seed this cycle so hoping the little swimmers got where they were meant to be :winkwink: x

Hi ladies! Is there room for another one?! :flower:

I'm Lora and we lost our 2nd angel in Sept 12 @ almost 18 weeks into the pregnancy (MMC) We started TTC a couple of weeks later but i bled on and off for a good 6 weeks so this is really only our 3rd cycle.

Im currently in the TWW, used pre seed this cycle so hoping the little swimmers got where they were meant to be :winkwink: x

Lora- Pretty sure I've read your story before when I first came on this site in September :hugs: sorry for your loss.

Hey Lora! I've seen you around before too, but I'm not sure if we've chatted. I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(

Question- how did you find the preseed? I'm starting Clomid next month and I'm thinking about supplementing it with preseed to help with CM.

What a lovely thread :) Lora, so sorry for your loss, and for all of you. :hugs:

My husband is 10 years older than me and we grew up in the same town, our parents were friends. Then he moved away when he was 18 and I was 8, obviously didn't hugely affect my life at the time.... I then moved away from there when I was 14 so we were now 730 miles away from each other. He had been friends with my Dad on fb for a few years and then decided to add me as a friend, I remembered him from when I was little, we got talking, on the first day we were talking we just instantly hit it off and he jokingly said 'you know you are going to marry me one day'....
We talked everyday, all day and met up nearly 3 weeks later in our hometown. Very nervous...the rest is history :) did the long distance thing for just over a year then I moved to where he was, there was never any question over who would move as he has 2 lovely children here who live with their Mum but he spends a lot of time with.
A few months later he proposed, then we got married in May 2012 and he is my absolute soul mate :)
I'm just so sad that he's as sad as I am at the moment but I know we'll get our baby eventually.

Hey Lora! I've seen you around before too, but I'm not sure if we've chatted. I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(

Question- how did you find the preseed? I'm starting Clomid next month and I'm thinking about supplementing it with preseed to help with CM.

Thanks hun. I got the pre-seed from Ebay, think it was about £7 :flower:

I can't do that bc I do all the grocery shopping etc... LOL. I just have to be determined. I remind myself knowing sooner doesn't affect the outcome, it just stresses one out!

There's always a plether of photo's with 'inspirational' quotes on my facebook when I look through the news feed every morning, normally don't pay attention to any of them really but this one stuck out this morning.
"The longer you wait for something, the more you appreciate it when you get it, because anything worth having is definitley worth waiting for" Just made sense to me this morning, made me feel a little better. Tested BFN this morning so I was feeling a bit down and out.

It's so true. When we finally get our rainbow it will be that much more special!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->