pushing it here. anyone else over 45?

Well, I just turned 45 a month ago, and I an adding myself to list. Have took is DD15 and DS12. We have had two know m/c's and just had two myomectomy procedures to remove a late fibroid. Numbers are surprisingly good for my age, but doc is worried bout prolactin, t is a bit high. Waiting for all clear to TTC...

Well, I just turned 45 a month ago, and I an adding myself to list. Have took is DD15 and DS12. We have had two know m/c's and just had two myomectomy procedures to remove a late fibroid. Numbers are surprisingly good for my age, but doc is worried bout prolactin, t is a bit high. Waiting for all clear to TTC...

Hi sweetie and good luck ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies :hi: I'm 42, TTC#1 and am feeling a bit lonely out on the boards with a lot of 35+somethings worrying about leaving it too late (which I know is a completely understandable feeling but I want to say hang on I'm a 40+something, I'm really late to the game!), please may I join you? Thanks :flower:

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

ditto for me--I am 42 as well and feel I have really pushed it and would love to be a part of the group

Welcome, there aren't many of us about on here, so it would be good to see this thread a bit more active!! :hugs:

Hi ladies :hi: I'm 42, TTC#1 and am feeling a bit lonely out on the boards with a lot of 35+somethings worrying about leaving it too late (which I know is a completely understandable feeling but I want to say hang on I'm a 40+something, I'm really late to the game!), please may I join you? Thanks :flower:

I know exactly what you mean. :winkwink: Welcome.

ditto for me--I am 42 as well and feel I have really pushed it and would love to be a part of the group

Welcome peanutpup. :hugs:

Well, as you can see from my sig, I am 46, been TTC for 4 years. If Clomid doesn't work, it will be invasive treatment time....scared as anything!!! AF is due tomorrow, and totally expecting it to arrive...as per....

My FSH is good and I am getting my AMH done this Friday, so I can see what sort of quality my eggs are. I am starting acupuncture on Thursday as well. OH had a SA done a couple of years ago and it was fine, but always room for improvement. So he has given up smoking and has been taking Wellman Conception for the past 6 months. He is having another SA done this week, so it will be interesting to see if the results have changed!

Love to you all. xx

I'm 44 but will be 45 this year. May I join in?

TTC at an advanced age is a roller coaster ride. During my down days, I come here and although I don't post often, I find comfort and support from all the ladies' posts.

I've had my FSH and LH done. FSH is borderline high (10.7) and LH is low (3.9). I'm waiting on the AMH results and will be getting an HSG next week. DH still has to get his SA done. I'm hoping his swimmers are ok but if they're not, I think we'll be ok with a donor.

:dust::dust::dust:

Hey all! I get my HSGdone in a week, and we will know where we stand!!

Hi ladies I am 44 and trying for my fifth ,have had all the tests and they were clear .tried soy this month ,due to o in the next week ,good luck everyone ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi there,

I 45, and think im pushing it too, but want to have a second child - my son is 6 and took us 10 years to fall pregnant, we fell pregnant last year March but miscarried at 4 weeks :(, we hoping that this year will be the year, so heres to holding thumbs and lots of baby-dust, so yes Im with you :)

Wow girls, I'm so glad I found you :flower: thanks for the lovely welcome and intro to where you're at on your TTC journey's.....

A bit about me..... as in my sig, I'm 42 TTC#1 DH is 48 (already has 3 and 1 grand-daughter), we've been 'trying' since Sept 2010 but I've had a few duff cycles in there so it's more likely trying just over a year. I've been full on TTC DH has been NTNP as if the truth be known he's really not up for more kids but knows it's important to me. So much so we have had numerous 'arguments' over the years regarding our children and it's ended up being a massive elephant in the room for me to talk to him about.....fast forward to a couple of weekends ago and I finally got the nerve to ask him to go for an SA (which he agreed to no problem!) as my Dr has done all my bloods and says you're Oing go for it but nothing has happened. She wants to refer me to an FS but not until DH has 'been done'.

I've never had a BFP, not even so much as a chemical, I don't want a loss (blimey I wouldn't wish that terrible time on anyone) but I'd just like to know that it could happen and so far I'm losing hope here. I know I'm not but I feel like I'm the only woman never to have got preg at the moment...sigh...

Anyway, I'll be dropping by with an update!

Hi

How do I get a ticker and slider at the bottom of my post, I have tried Lilypie but as you can see it does not work :( Im I doing something wrong:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I've never had a BFP, not even so much as a chemical, I don't want a loss (blimey I wouldn't wish that terrible time on anyone) but I'd just like to know that it could happen and so far I'm losing hope here. I know I'm not but I feel like I'm the only woman never to have got preg at the moment...sigh...

Anyway, I'll be dropping by with an update!

Jax I totally get you about the bfp - even though mine did not end well I do feel grateful for having got it - it does just give reassurance that sperm meets egg :thumbup: I have everything crossed that you get yours soon :hugs::hugs:

Hi

How do I get a ticker and slider at the bottom of my post, I have tried Lilypie but as you can see it does not work :( Im I doing something wrong:wacko::wacko::wacko:

You need the link that has the square brackets like
Code:
[img]......[/img]
rather than the angular brackets :flower:

It's good to see more ladies here - there is also an over 40's group here:

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/355138-ttc-40-plus-lets-share-ups-downs.html

How is everyone?

Well AF turned up for me last night. I was down today, I had a little cry this morning...the realisation hitting me it probably wasn't going to happen for me naturally. But I decided to be proactive. I went to the Agora Clinic in Brighton and had my AMH done and will be going back in a couple of weeks to discuss the results with the Director of the Clinic. I did like it there and it's only a 20 min drive away so if we did go ahead with treatment there, it's very convenient. I feel a bit better I have a bit of a plan if the next 2 cycles of Clomid don't work.

Love to you all. xx

How is everyone?

Well AF turned up for me last night. I was down today, I had a little cry this morning...the realisation hitting me it probably wasn't going to happen for me naturally. But I decided to be proactive. I went to the Agora Clinic in Brighton and had my AMH done and will be going back in a couple of weeks to discuss the results with the Director of the Clinic. I did like it there and it's only a 20 min drive away so if we did go ahead with treatment there, it's very convenient. I feel a bit better I have a bit of a plan if the next 2 cycles of Clomid don't work.

Love to you all. xx

Awk babes I am so sorry about af but I think u are amazing bouncing right back and heading straight to that clinic ,well done I know it's bloody hard and I am proud of you for doing it ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just been reading today that for best bets it is not to save it all and then just go for it at ovulation.
Highest rate of conception % was on the day before the day before ovulation at 28% then it fell and day of actual ovulation was like 5% chance of pregnancy.
Another site went on to say sperm are healthier if used regularily so again saving up for a once a month type blat is not the best odds for good sperm or meeting egg.
Best to have healthy sperm laying in wait for the egg. So regular sex :)

Just been reading today that for best bets it is not to save it all and then just go for it at ovulation.
Highest rate of conception % was on the day before the day before ovulation at 28% then it fell and day of actual ovulation was like 5% chance of pregnancy.
Another site went on to say sperm are healthier if used regularily so again saving up for a once a month type blat is not the best odds for good sperm or meeting egg.
Best to have healthy sperm laying in wait for the egg. So regular sex :)

Am trying hard too not get panicked this month into too much sex ,would just love to dtd the day of o the day before and the day after :thumbup::hugs:

Heavenly, big hugs for you :hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry AF pitched up....again, damn her :growlmad:. I never feel too bad when AF arrives for some odd reason, it's the run up to O that gets my knickers in a knot, wondering if we'll get to time it right and will it work this time....sigh.... Well done though for cracking on with the clinic, that's really good news :flower:

Heavenly, big hugs for you :hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry AF pitched up....again, damn her :growlmad:. I never feel too bad when AF arrives for some odd reason, it's the run up to O that gets my knickers in a knot, wondering if we'll get to time it right and will it work this time....sigh.... Well done though for cracking on with the clinic, that's really good news :flower:

I didn't for the first 3 years, but the last year, with me hitting 46.....it is getting to me. But at least I am being proactive re invasive treatment, I need to have a plan. :flower:

I didn't for the first 3 years, but the last year, with me hitting 46.....it is getting to me. But at least I am being proactive re invasive treatment, I need to have a plan. :flower:

Feels like I've got all that to come then, I've only been at this 18 months :haha:. We are just about to start the testing too, DH first with the SA and then me, I feel like I need a plan now as well after being in denial about it! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->