Rainbows Due December 2015

Awe I don't think it's possible to get overly excited, growing a little human is a big deal! :) photo wise I suppose it depends where you are, we got one from the epu with our DS. I hope you get one!

I was thinking *if* we hear/see a heartbeat would they let me video it on my phone but don't know if that would be ok to ask? Anyone done this before?

I have definitely seen spouses recording it on their phone on youtube videos... not sure what's actually allowed though!

Totally random but, one of my co-workers just came up to me and asked me if I'm pregnant :O Mind you, I havent told anyone at work! It took all i had to not jump up and down screaming YESSSSSSS LOL. She said she just got a random feeling yesterday and forgot to ask me until today. How weird!

Totally random but, one of my co-workers just came up to me and asked me if I'm pregnant :O Mind you, I havent told anyone at work! It took all i had to not jump up and down screaming YESSSSSSS LOL. She said she just got a random feeling yesterday and forgot to ask me until today. How weird!

HA - awkward! Hard not to say yes!

I think I'd answer non-commitally, with a lot of sass: "DID YOU JUST CALL ME FAT?" and then we'd laugh.

Then again, myself and my coworkers have weird senses of humor.

just to chime in on the photo/video thing:

any ultrasounds done at radiology are done by a tech, who can't "interpret" anything. aka he can't tell you anything. and the screen is facing away from the patient. not sure they'd give pictures (went there from the ER last time and didn't have the energy to ask.:nope:)

any "in house" appointments at the OB clinic are done by the doc and you can see the screen and they print out photos, explain everything, etc. both in the hospital, just different departments. but both don't allow taking photos or videos during the ultrasound. we actually have to sign an agreement.:wacko: but it's also a military hospital, so not sure how much is because of that..?:shrug:

had new-ish aquaintances ask if i was pregnant because i chose not to drink last night and i just nonchalantly said nope! but wish i had said something else. something like:

"if i woman doesn't come out and tell you herself that she's pregnant, she is in one of 4 situations:
1. just shy about telling everyone/acquaintances her exciting news and being in the spotlight
2. not pregnant and not actively trying (and possibly actively preventing, can't assume everyone even wants kids!)
3. wanting to be pregnant but is not (which may or may not involve infertility or miscarriage)
4. pregnant but not telling people yet
i'm not telling you which one i am, but statistically speaking, a woman's response will be No, even if she's actually lying to you. either way, it's kind of a personal question, donchathink?"

seems a bit soapbox-y but i also think if no one says anything, people will continue to think it's any of their business! :roll: HA! i'm such a pushover, i'm sure i'll just laugh and say, "yeah, i wish!" next time.:dohh:

Jumpingo - I am going to steal that response! Possibley a soapbox speech, but some people don't have any sense and need to be smacked. Smacking them with words is nicer than an actual smack, and they might actually learn something!

Thanks for all the awesome information about the ultrasounds! I'm going to a radiology place, darn. So I won't get my hopes up :/

just to clarify, that's how radiology and OB are where i am; i imagine it could be different in other places! (i re-read my post and it sounded like i was saying everywhere was like that!:dohh: i only have experience with one hospital, and don't have a choice to go anywhere else, so that's all i know...)

just to clarify, that's how radiology and OB are where i am; i imagine it could be different in other places! (i re-read my post and it sounded like i was saying everywhere was like that!:dohh: i only have experience with one hospital, and don't have a choice to go anywhere else, so that's all i know...)

I think that sounds similar to where I am, but I've never had a 'real' scan before, so can't say either.

Laska, congrats and welcome!!

Here they give copies of all scans in the early pregnancy unit -- they're much less generous once we graduate to obstetric ultrasound. It's a lovely thing, especially with a mmc or blighted ovum where there won't be anything else to show for the pregnancy.

Nessa, thinking of you today. Hope you get to see that heartbeat.

Here you pay £5 for two scan photos at the hospital, it has to be all,in pound coins to which is a pain in the arse lol

Here, when you have an ultrasound done in the hospital its done by a tech and he cant interpret the results or show you the screen. You also cant even have your phone out. I was frustrated at first but once I had my miscarriage, I was thankful the tech didnt tell me he didnt see anything because I didnt get to see an actual doctor until a few hours later and would've been pulling my hair out :/

Now when you go to your actual obgyn, they show you the screen, point things out and print pictures out for you :)

At least thats how it is here in US at the places I've been to.

Hi guys had my scan today and we saw a heartbeat. Baby measuring 6+6 so a day ahead. Another scan in 2 weeks. Fx

Congrats Nessaw, great news :happydance: my early scan is booked for Friday morning... So nervous

Fantastic news, Nessa, I'm so happy for you. First speedbump is behind you and now you can relax the tiniest little bit.

Leann, that's really exciting and really nerve-wracking. I'll be sending all my good thoughts on Friday.

Got my 5 week 3 days scan today. Baby is in the right spot (no repeat ectopic, huzzah!) And they could see a sac and yolk, and size is right on track (estimated date was 5 weeks 5 days, which I loved to see)!

Didn't get a printout or anythin, so a bit of a bummer that way, but I was happy enough not to care too much!

So glad to hear it, Kallie -- you can relax just a little bit now. It's a shame you didn't get a picture, though.

Congrats Kallie and Nessaw!! So happy for you ladies! :)

There's a Medical school around my house that offers free sonograms since its students that are practicing. The only day I can actually go next week would be Thursday and I'd be 6w3d, do you guys think I should go for it? I'm just so scared of being too early and not being able to see the heartbeat and then I'd panic even more!!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->