Rainbows Due December 2015

We've got the 12 wk scan on thurs. Can't make my mind up whether to tell people or rather how many to tell-all being well of course. Def telling parents siblings and my headteacher and best friend. It's whether to tell everyone at school. The only other time we got to 12wks I brought in cakes and did a big announcement then we lost them 2 wks later. See how brave I feel!

Hi ladies. Mind if I join the party? I just found this thread and thought I might fit n well here. I had a chemical back in Nov. Then had a mc in Feb. At 6+4. I became pregnant this time before my first period post mc. We actually weren't trying that month and I thought we stopped dtd long enough before ovulation to be in the clear. I had heard sperm live up to five days, and I guess I am proof of that.

After hcg checks, two early scans for dating and progesterone supplements it looks like this little bean is sticking around. My edd is Dec. 4.

Only one person knows we are expecting, and that is a good friend of mine who happened to be with me the day I found out and got the phone call from my doctor. As it stands right now we won't tell anyone until 13-14 weeks. Now we just need to find a creative way to do that. Any suggestions?

welcome!!:wave:

no amazing suggestions, but if you are bored, search for "pregnancy announcement" on youtube. i spent DAYS:shhh: looking at videos and getting ideas.:haha:

Had my NT scan yesterday, but baby wasn't cooperating so have to go back on Friday to try and get the images they need. LOL

Everything looks perfect though! Measuring 11w5d yesterday @ 11w4d and HB was 165.

Expecting that's great news. I hate when babies do that. My son was terrible for it.

Eclaire, welcome. Maybe something to do with Christmas as they are December baby. Having stockings on the mantle place one for each member of your family and one with a ? on it. However, that will be more or less impossible to pull off if you can't make them yourself or you find a Christmas fanatic shop it sells Christmas stuff all year round.

nessaw, depends if you want to or not. There is no perfect time and you'll be scared until you get your baby in your arms. I was getting ready to tell everyone the sex of my baby but then I had to tell them Christmas day that I lost the baby of all things. So do it when you feel you want to. If something goes wrong, you might value the support.

Its my due date today. So feeling a bit sorry for myself as I had to see about 10 newborns today whilst out and about. On the plus side I've decided to start saving up towards my around the world trip with my kids so something to look forward to when this one is older.

Mummy sorry that you are having a hard day today. It is completely understandable. Do something nice for yourself today. I love the idea to saving up for a trip you want to take.

I like the idea of the stockings, and I do make all of the stockings for my family. I actually have one ready for this baby at home. But I am currently in the middle of the 3 week vacation from hell, so I can't get to it. since most of our family lives really far away I decided to have some cards printed up. On the front is a picture of Santa sleeping. On the back it says, "Santa Isn't the only one resting up for a big delivery this December. 12.4.15" now I just need to add a cute picture for the back and it is ready to print. Hopefully they can meet me at home in 10 days so I can send them out.

On a sad note, I got a message at 3 this morning that my cat died yesterday. I just wish this trip were over so I can go home.

Hi all. Had my twelve wk scan today. All good-measuring ahead. Due date now 1st dec. Does anyone know how I change the ticker or do I make a new one? Baby was fast asleep. Had to rock around quite a bit so they could get the nuchal measurement. Just waiting for the bloods. Told my parents today which was fab.
Expectingtc I can see how they couldn't do it at your appt. They said at mine I might have to go back at 15wks for a different blood test if it didn't cooperate.
Eclaire-sorry about your cat.x
Mummy2o-hugs for your due date. My dd for the twins is coming up next month.

Hi all. Had my twelve wk scan today. All good-measuring ahead. Due date now 1st dec. Does anyone know how I change the ticker or do I make a new one? Baby was fast asleep. Had to rock around quite a bit so they could get the nuchal measurement. Just waiting for the bloods. Told my parents today which was fab.

great news!!!
as for the ticker, i think you just have to make a new one.:shrug:

Congrats nessaw! I bet it felt good to tell your parents. Any scan pics to share?

We will not be doing the 12 week scan, as my husband felt it was redundant with the Verifi DNA test. So I am scheduled to have the blood work for that done a couple of days after we return home. We ordred our pregnancy announcement cards last night. But hubby won't let me send them out until after the verifi results come back showing a healthy baby. So it looks like we won't be telling anyone until mid June.

But I guarantee my local friends will know as soon as I get back home. There is no hiding this bump.

The scan pics aren't great unfortunately. There's a nice one of baby waving it's thunb at us back you wouldn't know it if I didn’t tell you!

I've definitely started telling people - close family knows, and the friends who have supported us through losses know. I'm going to try not to let work know until July, if possible, because promotion decisions are coming up soon. So warning people extra hard not to say anything or especially not to post anything on social media (ooh I'd be so mad)

Broke down and bought a home doppler - and got to hear the heartbeat today! It is funny how you don't realize how stresses or anxious you were unil it goes away.

How we are telling people: I have a few ways, 1. Cute dog shirt for my labradoodle that says "I'm the big sister", 2. A baby onsie with our store logo (our new employee's uniform) and 3. Wine bottle labels that say "Best aged 9 months; due December 2015"

I've definitely started telling people - close family knows, and the friends who have supported us through losses know. I'm going to try not to let work know until July, if possible, because promotion decisions are coming up soon. So warning people extra hard not to say anything or especially not to post anything on social media (ooh I'd be so mad)

Broke down and bought a home doppler - and got to hear the heartbeat today! It is funny how you don't realize how stresses or anxious you were unil it goes away.

How we are telling people: I have a few ways, 1. Cute dog shirt for my labradoodle that says "I'm the big sister", 2. A baby onsie with our store logo (our new employee's uniform) and 3. Wine bottle labels that say "Best aged 9 months; due December 2015"

we finally told my parents on friday, after getting a good looking scan friday morning at 12+3.:thumbup: then told my siblings and their SOs, my grandma and my husband's aunt and uncle and his brother and sister. we were able to record the skype calls, so eventually will have a little video of telling family. and then over the weekend and into this week we've told a lot of close friends that we happened to see in person and my husband has told a handful of people at work. still can't get a hold of his mom (she recently moved to panama and doesn't have consistent internet), but i'm leaving that to him to worry about.:haha:

i was also thinking we should add little storks to the front page, if people want? if you're team yellow:yellow: or once you know :pink: or :blue: as i imagine those getting blood/DNA testing will be finding out in the next few weeks??:shrug: comment and let me know if you are team yellow, or once you find out, i will update the front page.:thumbup:

i also asked someone to make a logo for our group (sorry it took so long..:dohh:) and since there hasn't been too much discussion on the name, i tentatively just went with the current group title. i know a lot of people are also in the December Snowflakes group, so i kinda figured you could always get your cute-themed fix there?:shy::winkwink: it's still in the tweaking stages, but i'll post it as soon as i get it!:happydance:

hope crappy first trimester symptoms are slowly easing up (or not, for those that find comfort in having them!!) and everyone is doing well.:flower::friends:

So glad you were able to tell your friends and family jump. Who had the best reaction?

I am looking forward to notifying our friends and family. Hopefully we can announce in about two weeks. Planning to do my blood work on Sunday so I can get the results sooner. Very excited.

So glad you were able to tell your friends and family jump. Who had the best reaction?

I am looking forward to notifying our friends and family. Hopefully we can announce in about two weeks. Planning to do my blood work on Sunday so I can get the results sooner. Very excited.

my younger brother had JUST sat down in his seat, boarding an airplane, so that was kinda fun!:thumbup: he was really excited for us and it was cute. my older brother's wife was also really excited and joked, "awesome, pressure's off me now!" (which is true, my parents can't go a couple days of us kids being home before mentioning SOMEthing about grandkids blahblahblah:roll:) and i think my dad wiped away tears a few minutes after we spilled the beans.:blush: my mom did her usual over exaggerated reaction. she said, "YAY, FINALLY!":dohh: and my grandma (who is the only one in my family who knew about babyjump, was a little more subdued in her excitement, and it was nice but also made me tear up and she just kept saying, "well, i hope everything goes ok" with a sort of implied "this time":sad1:)

but yeah, overall, lots of YAYs and "that's so exciting!"s so it was fun. a week later, still almost in denial and pushing out worries here and there, but trying to get excited and believe.:thumbup:

is the bloodwork to find out the sex too?? that's exciting!!:happydance:

Yes the blood work will tell us the sex. If it were up to me I would have stayed team yellow like I did with dd. But I gave hubby the option and he wants to know. He is afraid I will be crushed if it isn't a boy since this is to be our last child. We will know soon enough.

Yes the blood work will tell us the sex. If it were up to me I would have stayed team yellow like I did with dd. But I gave hubby the option and he wants to know. He is afraid I will be crushed if it isn't a boy since this is to be our last child. We will know soon enough.

I always get upset when I find out a baby is a boy. Which is really odd as I love DS more than anything and he really is the best boy in the world. I also have tons in common with him. Yet for some reason I would prefer DD have a sister closer in her age. I think as we plan on going traveling around the world in 5-6 years, plus another child after this one is out of the question until we return, I think a sister would just be better for her, then again we don't get to choose.

We bit the bullet and have started to tell some people. I told my brother today and he just blurted out "another one". Had me in tears. He was hugely apologetic. Lots of people keeping everything crossed for us.

We bit the bullet and have started to tell some people. I told my brother today and he just blurted out "another one". Had me in tears. He was hugely apologetic. Lots of people keeping everything crossed for us.

awww, i'm sorry people don't have better filters sometimes.:hugs:
but, taking a bit of a step back, i'm sure our family and friends are heartbroken for us when we lose babies too, so they too don't want to see it happen again.:sad1: fingers crossed here too.:friends:

I'm so sorry this happened - not fun for anyone. My mom's first reaction to finding out I was pregnant was just fear. She was totally scared for us. But is completely thrilled now that she has gotten over most of the fear, as each week goes by. So hard to predict people's reactions, and can really still be from a place of love.

Sending you hugs - sorry that sucked!

Yayyyy congrats on a good scan and announcing jumpingo

And nessaw i hope your ok, brothers seem to be awful with words dont they! I dont think they think properly before they talk :(

I have my scan on 2nd June im so excited i cant wait!! I found baby's heartbeat on my doppler a couple of days ago which was wonderful being as its been so long since 7 week scan the worry was getting quite strong, but im feeling really quite positive, i think I'll feel even better after the scan :)
Ps im team yellow and will be staying team yellow till baby is born eeeek!!! First suprise package!

Yayyyy congrats on a good scan and announcing jumpingo

And nessaw i hope your ok, brothers seem to be awful with words dont they! I dont think they think properly before they talk :(

I have my scan on 2nd June im so excited i cant wait!! I found baby's heartbeat on my doppler a couple of days ago which was wonderful being as its been so long since 7 week scan the worry was getting quite strong, but im feeling really quite positive, i think I'll feel even better after the scan :)
Ps im team yellow and will be staying team yellow till baby is born eeeek!!! First suprise package!

oooh, only a couple more days!!:happydance: i realized i missed you on the front page:dohh: what's your due date so i can add you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->