Rainbows Due December 2015

I'm still meh about my pregnancy and getting more and more scared as I'll be in 2nd trimester soon and that's when things went wrong. Have my scan tomorrow, so that's good. I'm also having issues with my health visitor. DS and DD have a 7 year age gap and DS was raised fine. But it seems that parenting has changed since then, so now I'm at a cross roads on how to raise her. Although as I said DS is perfectly happy and healthy.

Eclaire I think that's a normal response as people tend to be more excited with your first. I'm on my 5th pregnancy. 4th people know about, hopefully 3rd baby, and I think people are more worried this time, although my parents still want me to get rid of him/her. So I get there lovely response.

Mummy2o don't let others tell you how to think and feel. I am sure you are an amazing mom and will continue to be. I hope the scan puts your mind at ease and allows you to relax a little. And raise your children the way that feels right for you. We are human and we all make mistakes, but don't compromise who you are and your values because of other people.

Hi all my scan went really well. Everything measuring spot on. Am pretty sure I saw 3 lines in the potty shot but didn't ask them. Very relieved!

I didn't even know this group was here!
Our rainbow is due December 25th :)

also, i think somehow i got unsubscribed and didn't realize i missed SO many posts!:dohh: i had pages of posts to catch up on but i updated the front page. please let me know if i missed something! (and apologies if i did)

Sorry ladies i really thought i had updated here but guess i hadnt :/ i am not immuned to measles and so my dr has asked i stay away from the school as much as possible until its all clear, i still have to get my kids from school though :/ my fiance will take them in the morning to school but I'll have to pick them up, im hoping where its been like 2 weeks since measles was confirmed in the school that it will be pretty clear now anyway!! But im pretty scared for my babies well being obviously :(

Can you get vaccinated now? Or is that not safe while pregnant? I'm so sorry, that is so scary! And makes me mad! Stay healthy, stay safe <3

No hun i cant be vaccinated until the baby is born, there is nothing i can do other than try steer clear of anywhere that has confirmed cases of measles :/ x

I read that you weren't on the 2nd trimester board and some of those women were horrible to you. I'm so sorry you had to read their comments. If I was in your position I'd be scared also. Also I never knew it wears off. I thought it was just the two injections first one came in 1988 and second in 96 (UK at least) so that was it. Although it does make me wonder how many other injections we're suppose to have.

Talking about injections our babies will be getting new injections to prevent meningitis B. I think it's good and happy about it, although sad that Erika won't get it as she's not a baby :/ Its either babies or teenagers so my eldest is also missing out. In my opinion just do the whole nation in one big go and that will save hassle later.

I've been thinking about whether I should have had the whooping cough vaccine (there was a local outbreak last year and a baby died :( ) but I just assumed I was up to date on measles and all the stuff.

I wish doctors were more insistent on this stuff. Like shouldn't it be part of normal checkups, to get any shots that needs to be updated?

I've been thinking about whether I should have had the whooping cough vaccine (there was a local outbreak last year and a baby died :( ) but I just assumed I was up to date on measles and all the stuff.

I wish doctors were more insistent on this stuff. Like shouldn't it be part of normal checkups, to get any shots that needs to be updated?

In the UK it mandatory to ask people to get the injection from 28 weeks pregnant I believe. I might be wrong on that, but know its around that time. I usually get my whooping cough and flu jab together as I'm asthmatic so get a yearly flu jab anyway. The inject should protect baby until they are old enough to get their own the 5 in 1 jab at 2 months, followed by boosters at 3 and 4 months old. So if you get offered it I'd say go for it or even ask for it. We had an outbreak just up the road from us shortly before DD was born, so was thankful she'd have been covered just in case.

I'll ask for it, for sure. I got my flu shot last round it came out - get it every year. Wish everyone did!

I usually get the flu one through work-a school. Will be getting yhe wjooping cough one too. 2 yrars ago I found out I hadn't had the rubella vaccine as a child so had to put off ttc for 4 months as it's a live vaccine. Sorry I know it doesn’t compare with what you're going thro
Charley sorry you're dealing with this worry.x

We did an early gender scan to surprise all the men in our lives on Father's Day!

We are crazy happy to have a little girl on the way! :)

I'm still measuring 6 days ahead, so maybe we'll having a Thanksgiving Baby!

Attachments

• itsagirl.jpg
    itsagirl.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
We did an early gender scan to surprise all the men in our lives on Father's Day!

Congrats! What a nice father's day gift!

congrats!:pink: how were the reactions??!

i can spend hours watching "i'm pregnant" or "we're having a ___!" videos on youtube.:haha:

obviously i want baby to come when s/he's ready, but i'll admit i'm hoping for more of a thanksgiving than a christmas baby.:blush: the turkey puns are just too good! i have hosted a thanksgiving dinner for years, and now do it with my husband, obviously, for our "family" here in japan (many are japanese and had never had turkey until they came to our thanksgiving) and really really just hope i can again this year too. if my husband gets out of the military next october, this will be our last thanksgiving.:sad1: so, just hoping baby keeps that in mind!:haha:

we'll obviously just reschedule and have an early or delayed thanksgiving if need be:thumbup:

Congrats on the girl. They are loads of fun and for me find it easier picking girls clothes to boy clothes. That could be though I can't ever find anything to fit my son!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->