Rainbows Due December 2015

Aw mummy that is awful news. I am so sorry you are going through this again. Big hugs.

Hi could I please be added 2nd baby due 19th December 2015 and currently team yellow although plan on finding out on 4th August :) xx

hello, how is everyone feeling we must be having some 20 weeks scans coming up.

I am at week 17.5 and feeling ok morning sickness getting better which is great, also started yoga for pregnancy classes this week.

I have written a list of things we need and will start getting some stuff after the 20 week scan in 2 weeks. Also in the UK there is a baby show in October (London) where you can see everything under one roof ie cots, push chairs etc, so we plan to use that trip to start buying the big items.

take care

I've got my 19 week scan coming up in less than two weeks. Yay!

As for stuff, I'm going to get as much as possible second hand. I have a friend who is possibly selling me her Bugaboo frog stroller/pram, and an Ergo carrier.

Welcome mummy2one.
My sil has a cot and car seat and a few other bits. Am too nervous to buy anything as yet. Hoping that will change after next week's scan.

My scan is in a week and half. I am really excited to get a peak at my little guy since I haven't seen him in 11 weeks. We stayed team yellow with my dd so I have a fair amount of stuff I can reuse for this one. Plus a lot of my friends have offered me their boy clothes so hopefully I won't need much. I would love to do some shopping for him, but I will hold out for a while to see if I actually get the hand me downs we have been promised. What I really want to do is to start on the nursery. Have any of you started a nursery yet, or are you waiting for anatomy scans?

We have our gender scan (private) in five days! So excited!

Bought a carrier today. Have got other little bits too. Eek!

My scan is in a week and half. I am really excited to get a peak at my little guy since I haven't seen him in 11 weeks. We stayed team yellow with my dd so I have a fair amount of stuff I can reuse for this one. Plus a lot of my friends have offered me their boy clothes so hopefully I won't need much. I would love to do some shopping for him, but I will hold out for a while to see if I actually get the hand me downs we have been promised. What I really want to do is to start on the nursery. Have any of you started a nursery yet, or are you waiting for anatomy scans?

we totally rearranged our house over the 4th of july weekend.:shock: we are team:yellow: though so nothing is too dependent on the anatomy scan (which is this coming wednesday!:thumbup:) my husband just got a "nesting" bug i guess!:haha: he moved his desk from the "office room" out into the living area, we turned the office into our bedroom and are turning our old room into the baby's room. but we are only going to be in this apartment until october 2016, so there's no sense in spending money on fully 'outfitting' it as a nursery, in my mind. baby will only be 10 months old, so i plan on keeping the room pretty much as is. i figure *i* just need to like spending time in it. it doesn't need to be able to 'grow' with baby nor will baby even remember the room.

so, three of the walls are off white and we painted one wall blue when we first moved in. we'll just put the crib where our bed was, under the 3 frames on the wall in the picture. my husband started to assemble the crib last weekend too. you can see it in the bottom corner of the picture. we bought it last summer before i even got pregnant the first time because it was on sale for $40, brand new in the box, and we couldn't pass up such a good deal! but we needed to order a replacement part, so we're waiting for that to arrive. then we'll just need to buy the mattress:thumbup: we have a car seat (so we are allowed to leave the hospital.:haha:) and an ergo.

as for "little stuff," we have an odd assortment of basic baby clothes/bibs/blankets/crib sheets etc. from a couple military sponsored events i've attended. i went to a "planning for baby" type class yesterday. it was 4 hours long:shock: but went over tons of information about budgeting for baby, various military programs available for moms and babies, how to get baby's passport/social security card while aboard and get baby added to your insurance, etc. etc.:wacko: and i also went to a "shower" that was held for military/spouses of military who are overseas since lots of us aren't able to have typical showers with our friends and family back in the states. both of those events gave out goodie bags with some basics and i also bought some cute onesies/sleepers/pants at the thrift store near my house, so i think we're fairly covered for the first week or so:haha: until we figure out what works and what doesn't!

i also have a baby registry on amazon set to private that i'm using as a "to buy/wish list" so we'll probably slowly try to continue to buy stuff off that. but, for now, the baby has a way to get home and a place to sleep and i hope to breastfeed, so all we need are diapers.:thumbup: i hope to cloth diaper, so that's sort of the next "investment" step but we don't really have a lot of wiggle room in our budget at the moment, so that will have to wait a bit.:dohh:

Attachments

• IMG_8229.jpg
    IMG_8229.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Wow jump you two are on it. I love the wall color by the way. I want to paint one wall in dd's room that color. We are planning to reuse most of dd's furniture and car seat so we don't need any of that. But I do need a new bedroom set for dd now.

i am a huge planner and list maker, so it's more just me being neurotic.:haha:

but i'm trying not to worry too much about things beyond:
1. way to get home, aka carseat (done!)
2. place to sleep (half done!)
3. something to eat (boobies!:haha:)
4. some basic clothes (done!)
5. and diapers (next!)

everything else we'll figure out along the way! it helps that anything ordered with amazon prime gets here in a week, even being in japan!:thumbup::winkwink:

also, i didn't think my husband would "give up" his office, but then he came around one day and agreed that it made the most sense, based on the space we have and his work schedule and room use vs. my schedule and room use, which will be whatever baby decides it is!:haha:

We decided not to paint - the room is a pretty neutral color as it is, so we are just going to worry about furnishings and decor and such. Haven't even started yet really, but DH said it can be 'his project' so I'm really happy about that! I think we will end up working together - I'll be using it a lot, after all!

My house is just a mess overall - so much clutter and crap everywhere. I need to do a summer cleaning, but don't have the time or energy! I can barely make myself do laundry, lol!

Hi girls. Had our 20 week scan today-all good and team pink!

Jumpingo, I just re-read what you wrote and giggled. I love that - "something to eat - boobies!"

SO awesome.

Congrats on the great scan and being team pink nessaw. How are you feeling after the happy results? Any more relaxed and excited about this pregnancy now?

I def feel more relaxed but have done since I've felt movement and little kicks. We thought we'd feel more excited yesterday but we both said afterwards that we're not. I guess it's just defensive. It was exciting telling people it's a girl but as to feeling secure enough to start thinking past the next appt-not yet! Maybe it needs to sink in a bit.

it's so fun that we're starting to get :blue: or :pink: announcements from everyone!

i had my 20 week ultrasound today and we stayed team yellow:yellow: as we had decided to be.

my husband told the tech up front that we didn't want to know and then part way through, the tech said, "okay, you're sure you don't want to know...?" and i said, "yep!" and we moved on. he said baby was being uncooperative.:shy: and i said, "oh, definitely (husband's name)'s kid!":haha: but it meant that the tech couldn't get spine measurements he needed. after he got what he could, i went to the bathroom and for a walk and tried moving and drinking water to get baby to move, but when i got back the tech said it was actually worse.:dohh:

since he got all the measurements he could, he started the "show and tell" part. he turned on the big tv and showed us everything. baby was in the most uncomfortable looking position! like a full forward bend: hands and feet were up by the head and then his/her butt was sticking up on the other side.:haha: my husband laughed and said, "yup, that's my child!" so we got to see the skull and brain ("brains are always good":haha:), eye sockets, nose, mouth (baby was moving his/her mouth - so cute!), hands, feet, all the leg bones, heart, tiny little baby ribs:cloud9:, etc. i don't know if the tech saw boy or girl parts when he was taking measurements before turning on the tv, but either way, he didn't slip up or even let the wand rest too long on baby's lower half when he was showing us, so...who knows!:shrug: i have to go back next week to try again (oh darn!:winkwink:) and hopefully baby will have flipped over so they can get the spine measurements.

i've been feeling kicks/nudges for the last 3 or 4 days too, which is helping me relax and get more excited. everyone we tell is SO excited and i feel like i'm not nearly as excited as *they* are and i'm the one pregnant!:dohh: still a bit of worry in the back of my mind, but i'm trying to let myself be excited.:shy:

Excitedly awaiting our anatomy scan on Tuesday. I have been feeling lots of movement and hubby even got to feel his first kick last night. We started cleaning out the nursery and are in the process of selecting colors to paint. My dd is in the process of transitioning out of the crib and into the big bed. We plan to give her a full size bed we have just after her birthday in September. I am starting to feel really positive about this pregnancy and think we will be able to get everything done in time. Except the name which is a different headache all together.

Congrats to those having great 20 week scans :)

We found out last week that our baby is a little princess :)

Has anyone bought anything yet? We are starting to look at furniture as we hope it will get us excited. Walked up to new born stuff in asda today but too chicken to pick any up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->