Rainbows Due December 2015

Every pregnancy is different. Try not to over analyse symptoms. What will be will be. Everything will be fine.

Hi Ladies,

Can I cautiously join you..?? I got my BFP on Sunday and I'm hoping everything will be ok.

I'm already taking baby aspirin which will hopefully help us get our bundle. I think I'll be due 13th Dec

xx
hi Chimpette!!:wave: welcome!:friends:

Welcome chimpette.

Charlie I love your story. So sweet your DH. I love watching one born every minute, even when we weren't ttc.

I have no experience with progesterone sorry ladies, so I can't help there. Mine has always been great. Numerous tests all clear, so we don't know why we keep loosing them really.
i keep hearing so much about this show! i live in what i call "the japan bubble":haha: is it on netflix or hulu or anything??

Hi chimpette and welcome.
I think I'm worried cos first couple of days I could feel the pressure in my lower abdomen and last couple of days I haven't and that was one of the first signs of my mmc. Trying to stay positive but not feeling pg at the mo. No nausea as yet to reassure just sore boobs.
Today i am pregnant. Today I am pregnant!
:thumbup:

i don't have any experience with progesterone or even any testing. the hospital here doesn't do anything until at least 3 mcs.:nope: so, who knows.:sad1: i sort of feel like today is going to be a mental battle to keep the negative/worrying thoughts away. the gym class i go to, which helps me feel better all around, isn't on fridays.:dohh:

brainstorming for things people do to "get out of their head"...?

but really, i have so many half finished projects that i should just throw myself into one of them. but end up spending all day on BnB instead!!:shhh::dohh::blush:

I don't know how to "get out my head" either. I'm with you nessaw where I constantly need to tell myself that at least "today I am pregnant" and stop over analyzing. I have cramping but nothing else except for a bit of dizziness today at work. Normally my first sign is sore bbs but nothing besides a few twinges Monday. Agh I just wish I could know for sure that this little bean will stick

figured it out: a 6 mile walk with my neighbor did the trick!:thumbup: got some great exercise and a nice dose of vitamin D and we talked the whole way about 100 different things. and now i'm about to tackle my house! a clean house never fails to make me smile.:mrgreen:

i think it's assumed that we all have fears and concerns and moments of panic. we are all on a pregnancy after loss thread after all. sadly, we all "get" that. and because we do, we are able to relate and support each other that much better, i hope?:hugs::hugs: sometimes you need to acknowledge those thoughts, but somewhere i saw a quote that said something like "worrying = a waste of time. it just keeps you busy doing absolutely nothing."

making this thread, even, was my own way of saying to myself, "i am going to believe this. i am going to believe that this one is my rainbow. i am not "jinxing" it by running a thread. and my baby *needs* me to believe. i must make every effort to be happy and healthy for him/her. for myself. for my life."

i have general anxiety issues (from before ttc altogether, but it's compounded by loss, obviously) but letting my mind run wild with those thoughts only sends me further down. i believe we must re-train our brains. to re-wire the way we allow those thoughts to affect our lives. (hmm, looks like someone's been to therapy before??:roll::haha:) sometimes there are waves that hit us so hard and all you can do is hold onto your surf board desperately and just ride it out. but sometimes, and likely more often than not, you can always choose to jump off that stupid board and move your arms until you learn to swim and go where you want. i want to go to a happier, sunnier place, with calm crystal blue water and white sand that i can dig my toes into.:thumbup:

sorry this has gotten so long, but basically just wanted to say we are all here for support through this stressful and anxious time, but that worrying will only steal the day from us and i don't want be a thread nazi or anything, but want to just encourage us all (me included!) keep things as positive and uplifting as possible around here. for the sake of our sanity. and for our babies. they need us to.<3

(and that i couldn't help it with the orange photo:rofl:)

"It takes the same amount of energy to worry as it does to believe."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.56.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.56.21 PM.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 1.18.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 1.18.55 PM.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 1.01.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 1.01.48 PM.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1
Chimpette, welcome!

Nessa, hang in there. These first weeks are *hard*, there's no getting around it.

Me, I took another pregnancy test this morning. I'm not usually a serial tester, but with my spotting earlier in the week I needed to check that all was as okay as it could be. And I got my Pregnant 2-3, which should hold me for a little while longer. Roll on the 7-week scan.

Time is crawling in this pregnancy. I haven't even known a week but it feels like a month.

Jumpingo your last post was just what I needed to read this morning... You've made me feel very positive this morning so thank you!! :flower:

InVitroVeritas, is it a private scan you'll have or will hospital scan you early (if you don't mind me asking). I'm not sure if the epu will scan me after 1 mmc or if I'll need to book a scan myself. I can ask my doctor but Not seeing her until end of next week

Loving the orange picture!
Am doing my best to be positive. Have made a ticker! Bit 9f nausea ttoday-loving it!
Has anyone decided when they're going to tell?

Leann, it's a hospital scan because of my early losses and also because I'm on Progesterone. I'm usually seen at about 7 weeks and then, if all's well, again at about 12.

My first losses/successful pregnancies were in Northern Ireland, and pregnant women are looked after a whole lot better there.

Nessa, yay for nausea!!

Thanks InVivoVeritas, I'll ask the doc next week. I doubt they'll be scanning me early so I'll prob be booking a scan privately then. Hoping to go for one at 8 weeks.

Nessaw, I told my SIL last night, just because she knows we were trying straight away, I tell her everything and I need a girly friend to talk to about it! Not planning on telling anyone else until after booking appointment at 12/13 weeks, hopefully longer. I'd be happy not telling anyone until the baby pops out but I don't think that's feasible :haha: I just don't want to ever have to have those 'it's not good news' conversations again :nope:

I will be holding off telling anyone for as long as possible, i dont think ill last till 12 weeks because i show early and with this being my 4th its going to be hard to hide lol, especially if i get morning sickness cos my mum visits a lot and i cant lie so if anyone asks i cant lie and say no. But in the perfect world id like to be 12 weeks, i certainly wont be telling my kids till then, i told them i was pregnant (when i had my first mc) and when i lost the baby i had to tell them the test was wrong to save them from any upset but it killed me to say that to them it made it like my baby was nothing, when they are older they will know the truth though, i just couldn't hurt them like that. Id never tell my children early on again

Thank you everyone.

I've told a few close friends going to tell my sister on Monday as she is coming for dinner, but won't tell my boys until we know everything is ok at our 12week scan.

xx

I've told a few people, mostly just close friends. I have managed to keep from telling people in my life by telling strangers who I will never see again! I told a waitress I was pregnant when I told her I was ok just drinking water, and another lady in a clothing store who was helping me pick out clothes - I told her I needed stretchy stuff so I could wear them when I start showing. I don't expect the strangers to care that I am pregnant or make a fuss over it, but I am horrible at keeping secrets and it helps me to tell people who I will never see again.

I don't want to jinx anything, but if I make it until the end of day tomorrow, it will officially be the longest I've maintained a pregnancy! I am going to ask for a 6 week ultrasound just to make sure everything is ok, and to see how many babies I am hosting! I got a BFP on an IC at 7 dpo, and then at 10 dpo I got Preg 1-2 weeks on a digital and my FRER (from the same urine) was almost as dark as the control line. My sister keeps telling me I must be having twins, and since my sisters are twins, my sister's kids are twins, two sets of cousins are twins, and I am over the age of 30 I guess i have a pretty good chance of having twins!

How do you all feel about hot tubs while pregnant? I know the risk is hyperthermia, but we have turned our tub down to 99 degrees and I only go in it for like 5 min at a time. I have been so freaking cold since getting preggers, it is so nice to sit in the tub for a few minutes. I never stay in until I feel hot, and to be honest I feel like I get way hotter when I take my dogs on their daily hike. Thoughts?

nessaw, we haven't told anyone.:blush: last time we could hardly contain ourselves but this time, it feels pretty easy to keep a secret. though, i'm also pretending i'm not pregnant as my main coping mechanism, so maybe i just "forget" about it?:huh::haha: my husband is probably dying to tell people, but i want to wait as long as possible, and he has said he'll wait until i'm ready. living in japan makes it SUPER easy to keep all kinds of things from our families.:shhh::blush: but i go to the gym 3-4 days a week, and imagine it'll be hard to hide in gym clothes AND summer is approaching, so no layers of clothes to hide behind. my "12 week" appointment is actually at 9w+3d, and that feels too early to tell, so we'll have to see. i don't know what all they do at the 16-18 week appointment, but if we get to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, that might be enough for me to tell? my mom is a HUGE gossip and blabbermouth, so i can't tell her anything that i'm not ready for the whole town to know.:dohh:

jessmke, my husband totally wants twins!! i have a couple sets of twins on my side of the family, but they are more distant relatives. sounds like your genetic chances are pretty high and added to that your digi 1-2 weeks that early...?:oneofeach:!?

as for hot tubs, i would probably stay out, or just put my feet/legs in. i wonder what the differences (on a physics/biology/anatomy level) of feeling/being hot while exercising and while in a hot tub are. if the outside temperature is cooler than 98.6, by sweating, your body can cool itself down, right? but in a hot tub that's hotter than your own body temperature, i wonder if sweating has the same effect? then again, if the water is 99degrees, then your body would only get that hot, right? or maybe i would put the temperature at body temperature. then there's no risk of elevated body temperature. but ahh, so many (nerd alert!) science questions!:wacko::haha:

anyway, i googled about it and here's the Mayo Clinic's take, with some suggestions if you do choose to get in.:thumbup:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...t-answers/pregnancy-and-hot-tubs/faq-20057844

yesterday when i was pinterest-ing for motivational quotes, i found so many i loved, so will attach some more.<3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.56.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.56.18 PM.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.57.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 12.57.40 PM.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 3
This time we're hoping to make it til at least 12 wks without telling anyone. I have a few big birthdays coming up before then so will need to get creative. The 1st time I inly told a couple of people at work and my best friend. The second time we told more people after the 8 wk scan showing twins and had announced at 12 wks before losing them at 14. That was very difficult. The last time I thought sod it and a few people knew quite early on. If I could I'd stay quiet til 20 wks but dchool will need to know if we get that far.
Jessmke I had cb digi 2-3 @ 14dpo with the twins but hadn't tested before that. I had the same this time so am a little worried it could be twins again.

I've told my sister, but won't tell anybody else at least until after 12 weeks and won't tell work until much later than that.

I've told the hunny obviously and my mother because I can't keep anything a secret from her. I've only told one other person and that is my friend at work who is like a week or two ahead of me in her pregnancy so we are sharing together. I'm just hoping we get to continue sharing all 9 months :) Only 4 more days until my blood work and hopefully get to speak to my midwife!

I'm not sure how I'm going to get away with rmc appt every 2 weeks. The clinic is only on a wed afternoon and I work at least an hour away from the hospital. My next appt is at 4pm so will need to keave school at afternoon play. Really don't want to tell anyone. Thinking of saying it's just a follow up consultant appt. But that might inly cover 1 appt.

My symptoms seem to have vanished. Trying to stay positive and i did get a 2-3 weeks on a digi yesterday ay 15dpo so thats got to be a good thing right?

My AF was due today so exactly 4 weeks

I'm not sure how I'm going to get away with rmc appt every 2 weeks. The clinic is only on a wed afternoon and I work at least an hour away from the hospital. My next appt is at 4pm so will need to keave school at afternoon play. Really don't want to tell anyone. Thinking of saying it's just a follow up consultant appt. But that might inly cover 1 appt.

can you just say you "have some medical issues, that i would prefer not to discuss, but will need time off every other Wednesday to go for testing and treatment." i think if you call it a "medical issue" and make it clear that you aren't into discussing the details, your employer can't really make you tell, right?!:shrug: is it difficult to get time off usually? or are you just worried about them being suspicious?

Chimpette 2-3 weeks is great.
Jumping my school knows my entire history with mc so that's not an issue. It's getting cover for my class without saying why. Plus on wed when this clinic is my deputy head is off so makes cover even harder. I will tell them why if I have too-I'm not comfortable lying but I just don't want anyone to know at the mo. Can't really explain why-not sure I know. One of the difficult things in a school is that they're always planning for the next school year so my head has just got new teachers in place for Sept and ee're meant to be moving into a new building in dec. I'm senior management so if I'm hopefully not there it's going to be harder for them. They'll live tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->