• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rainbows Due December 2015

Welcome indhira and cali.
I went for the ticker too. Figured it can't jinx me!
Nausea starting to build with me which makes me happy.

Had my doctor appointment today, he agrees with me that i should continue taking metformin through the first trimester as it helps prevent miscarriages for women with PCOS, he has told me not to do too much and relax as much as possible, im also avoiding sex for the first trimester just to be on the safe side, im doing everything i possibly can, i have period pains but im sure thats normal? The doctor told me to book my midwife appointment for a weeks time and tell her that due to previous losses he recommends i am sent for an early scan, as he said he doesn't deal with that its down to the mw, so i have my first mw appointment next Tuesday! I'll only be 5 and half weeks lol i wouldnt have booked till i was around 10 weeks but i neeeeeeeed that early scan lol lets hope they let me have it

I got my positive digital test on April 1st. It felt like a prank! I'm still in shock. My husband and I have 3 kids (ages 7 years, 3 years and a 7 month old). We weren't ttc but not preventing. I did lose one baby at 11 weeks 5 days, in between my 2nd and 3rd baby. I am absolutely terrified to miscarry again. I haven't gotten a first prenatal visit scheduled yet but gosh I'm so scared. I took that miscarriage really hard and I can't bare to go through it again. How do others deal with this fear? I'd like to join the group. My EDD is December 10th.

welcome Cali!!:wave:

i deal with the fear by being in denial that i'm even pregnant!:shy: i distract myself with going to the gym, cleaning, napping (ha!), running errands with my friend and her kids, and overall just don't let myself think about it at all. because i will drive myself absolutely crazy.:nope::dohh:

all the while i'm very conscious that i AM because i am trying to eat healthy, get exercise, get lots of sleep and drink lots of water. so, maybe less denial and just a conscious choice NOT to let my mind wander into all the "what ifs" because they usually go no where good.:[-X:haha:

I will try my best not to worry so much. It's hard though. I have trouble sleeping at night so that'd usually when my thoughts run wild and I think the worst. I have hope that this baby will stick. Even thought we weren't ready for another baby just yet, as soon as that 2nd line showed up I became ready. And so very excited! I keep praying that everything will be ok.

Thanks CelticNiamh :flower: I'm done testing now! :haha:

Hurray for nausea Nessaw! :happydance: haha

Fx for the early scan Charlie!

Just back from doctors appt. She's going to arrange a scan around 8 weeks for me, yay! She said if they ask I've had a small bit of spotting as she'll have to tell them that for them to scan me. Hope we're not jinxing it!

Welcome Cali! I also had an early mc this past February but I was only 7w along. Had to have a d&c and got pregnant before my first cycle. I'm definintely scared as well but like jumping said you have to try and not thing too much about it since there really isn't anything we can do besides trying to keep ourselves healthy for our little bean.

:happydance: yay for an early scan leann! You get to see that little heartbeat in a few short weeks! :)

Good Morning ladies, like Nessaw Nausea has snuck its ugly head in but this time i am SOOOO grateful for it!!! :)

There's a technical school that offers free ultrasounds since they are students, and I am going to call today to try and schedule one for the first week of May. I NEED to hear that heartbeat :/

Like you Jump, I am trying not to think about being pregnant. Kind of like "Oh, you've been quietly growing in there? Hmm. Go figure!" LOL. But sometimes the worries do get the best of me and I have to remind myself that TODAY I AM PREGNANT AND MY BABY IS HEALTHY UNLESS SOMEONE TELLS ME OTHERWISE!

Nessa, yay for nausea!! May it build and stay a while :) And nice ticker.

Leann, I was in Navan yesterday -- a gorgeous day to drive across the country. So pleased that you're getting your 8-week scan!

Charlie, I'm sure that if your doc wants an early scan for you the midwives will too. Sounds like your doctor knows his stuff, and that's incredibly reassuring.

Cali, I wish I knew how to stop worrying, but I think that after a loss the trust in our bodies to follow pregnancy through to a healthy baby is lost for us. All we can do is try to keep ourselves sane and wait as the days crawl by.

Indhira, welcome! I wish I had a technical school like that near me -- I'd be there every day! :haha:

Angel, how did the appointment go today? When do you expect to get the results?

Me, I'm still pretty queasy. The past few days I've been so exhausted that I practically collapsed in the evening, but today I'm not too bad. I'd much prefer to be exhausted!!!

So the appointment was a tad annoying since I could have done it earlier in the week at another lab without waiting a crazy amount of time for one tube of blood. Results come back tomorrow and depending on levels will decide on whether or not they want to do a second in 48 hours or if they want to schedule a dating scan. I could be up to 6w5d based on when cd1 could be so I might even be due end of November. Find out more tomorrow I guess.

Just took my last digital FRER, it took a whole 45 seconds to tell me YES so I was absolutely sure i was not pregnant anymore.

Hopefully I can stay away from the tests until my first ultrasound on May 7th. That feels like an eternity away!!!

I was hoping to get an early scan this time to check all was ok as when in epu when I had my mc in January she told me to ring at 6 weeks and they book me in, but spoke to the girl who books you in and she said they didn't normally do that and onless there is a problem they wouldn't. I am ok with that though :flower: thought I would be more disappointed but I would rather not need one :flower: just hope I get no spotting now if I am going to have some it will be now and 8 weeks

Symptoms are still strong feeling sick and so tired just woke up from a lovely nap

Angel, what due date would you prefer, a closer one or one further away? Probably a stupid question :) Hope you get the answer you want tomorrow.

Niamh much better not to have a scan and not need one. Sending good thoughts you stay that way.

Me, I'm paranoid today. Not as queasy as I've been this past few days, plus pretty strong cramping too. Every time I go to the bathroom I expect to see red.

Dont worry Invivo i expect to see red. sometimes i look soooo hard that the toilet paper starts to change colors LOL. Guess it'll be a while before i can relax. At least until i hear the tiny heartbeat :)

Angel, what due date would you prefer, a closer one or one further away? Probably a stupid question :) Hope you get the answer you want tomorrow.

Niamh much better not to have a scan and not need one. Sending good thoughts you stay that way.

Me, I'm paranoid today. Not as queasy as I've been this past few days, plus pretty strong cramping too. Every time I go to the bathroom I expect to see red.

:hugs: my symptoms started out that way at 5 weeks as well and I had a lot of cramping as well which is normal even though it scared me as well

are you in Ireland I am as well

I guessed from your username :)

I'm in Leitrim, whereabouts are you?

Same here indhira, I think hearing a little heartbeat will help me relax a bit... Hoping these first 12 weeks fly in!

Glad you're ok with the scan situation Niamh. Don't know how I feel about going back to that room again myself. Will feel like déjà vu I'm sure :nope: where's about are you, will your scan be at 12 weeks?

12 weeks?! i dont think i could wait that long!!! I am having trouble keeping it together until my scan on the 7th of May when I'll be 8 weeks. When i lost the baby last time it was 2 days before my 8 week scan so approaching that milestone will be harder than i can imagine :/

Leann83 I am going to the coombe in Dublin strangely it is the emergency room that brings back the worst memories for me really hoping I never see that room again

I should find out next week about my first scan I have a history of GD so normally they have me in very early hope they actually read that in the GP letter :dohh: I have a feeling they wont and send me an appointment for 12 weeks :haha: I will have to ring then

but if they decide its to early for the first scan they do at least I can talk to GD midwife's and ask about a early scan fx anyway just so glad symptoms are so strong compared to last time it is easy any anxiety

Hopefully they get it right when you get your letter out and you won't have to call!

Yep indhira, hospital I'll be going to only do one scan normally, at booking appointment at 12 weeks and that's it! Unless there's a need for another of course. I know what you mean, coming up to the same times as losses is hard :nope: the consultant that scanned me thought that baby had stopped growing between 6 and 7 weeks so hitting 6 weeks today has me a bit nervous about what's going on in there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->