RECIPES:Please share your favourites :)

I never got past the roux on Wooly's recipe, lol

Just buy a cheese sauce packet mix and make as per the instructions as it's a lot easier then just add a little flavouring and extra cheese to the sauce :thumbup:

The only cheese sauce packets I can find are the ones that come inside the boxed mac and cheese, lol. But I suppose I could use them.

I've got a recipe. My dh does almost all the cooking, but this one's my thing. It's tomato season here and we've got them coming out of our ears. Every summer I make tomato bread salad - slice and toast baguette brushed lightly olive oil and fresh garlic, then cut the slices into quarters, toss with chunks of fresh tomato, red onion, a dash of olive oil, basil and little salt. Delicious!

This thread is really cool!
I am going to dig out my fave recipes and post them here, specially my cake recipes. i will try to post a picture of some of the cakes i made, well hopefully i will manage as just posting my chart was a challenge lol
:dohh::haha:

This thread is really cool!
I am going to dig out my fave recipes and post them here, specially my cake recipes. i will try to post a picture of some of the cakes i made, well hopefully i will manage as just posting my chart was a challenge lol
:dohh::haha:

I hope u figure it out because we love pics! :thumbup:

Mine is a healthy recipe as I'm currently at a slimming club :)

Serves: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus marinating time
Cook time: 35-40 minutes

Ingredients:
454g/1lb skinned, boned chicken breast fillets
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsps canned coconut milk
½ cucumber, cut into thin strips

For the Satay Sauce
28g/1oz roasted peanuts
½ tsp salt
142ml/¼ pt coconut milk
1 level tsp curry paste
1 level tsp brown sugar
squeeze of lemon juice

1. Cut the chicken into 5cm/2in long strips and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle over the salt, turmeric, coriander and cumin. Add the coconut milk and turn the chicken in this spicy marinade mixture so that it is completely coated. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave in a cool place or the refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate.

2. Make the satay sauce. Pound the peanuts and salt to a paste in a mortar, or grind them in an electric grinder.

3. Put the coconut milk and curry paste in a saucepan and stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the peanut mixture, sugar and lemon juice, and simmer for 20 minutes, until thickened. Cool.

4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto wooden or bamboo skewers. Cook on a barbecue or under a preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with leftover marinade. Serve with the peanut sauce and strips of cucumber.

I'm making this tomorrow night..this sounds fantastic!!

I've never made it as I don't like satay but DH adores making this for himself as he says it's really yummy :thumbup:

Well It is not a recipe itself but I did promise some photos :thumbup:
IMAG0045-1.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

Wow Sus. Those look amazing. I am such sugar addict!!!

Thank you Vicking 15:flower:

I love baking, Those cakes were made for a charity event. I will be posting some of my favourite cakes recipes soon

Butter Tar Squares..

1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisins

For base, blend together butter, flour and white sugar.
Spread evenly on greased 8x8 inch pan.
Bake @ 350 F for 15 min.
Add other ingrdients together in bowl.
Remove base from over and spread remaining ingredients on top of base.
Bake @ 350 F for another 25 min.
Cool. Cut into squares.

Baileys Cheesecake - well this recipe should be healthy but I will use normal sugar instead of sweetener when making it this weekend :)

And ladies who are pregnant sorry this is a no no due to raw eggs :(

Serves: 10
Prep time: 25 minutes + chilling time

10 Fox's Ginger Crinkle Crunch biscuits
3 medium white eggs
4 tsp powdered gelatine
454g/1lb quark skimmed milk soft cheese (fat free soft cheese like Philadelphia will do)
500g fat-free natural fromage frais
4 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
3-4 tbsp granulate artificial sweetener
2 level tbsp caster sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Grease and line an 20cm/8in spring clip cake tin. Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. In a bowl lightly beat 1 egg white, add the biscuits and mix. Press evenly over the base of the cake tin and bake for 15 minutes until firm and golden. Leave to cool.

2. Dissolve the gelatine in 4 tablespoons of boiling water. Mix the quark with the fromage frais, liqueur and sweetener. Whisk the remaining egg whites until stiff, then fold into the quark mixture with the gelatine. Pile on top of the base and smooth the top. Chill for at least 3 hours until set.

3. Release the cheesecake, slice and transfer to individual serving plates. In a pan gently heat the sugar with 1 tablespoon water, stirring, until melted. Raise the heat and boil without stirring for 3-4 minutes until golden. Drizzle over each slice and serve immediately.

Tip: You can make the cheesecake a day in advance - simply cover it in the tin and chill. Add the caramel just before serving.

Agar agar can be used instead of gelatine if preferred.

Well this recipe should be healthy but I will use normal sugar instead of sweetener when making it this weekend :)

10 Fox's Ginger Crinkle Crunch biscuits
3 medium white eggs
4 tsp powdered gelatine
454g/1lb quark skimmed milk soft cheese (fat free soft cheese like Philadelphia will do)
500g fat-free natural fromage frais
4 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
3-4 tbsp granulate artificial sweetener
2 level tbsp caster sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Grease and line an 20cm/8in spring clip cake tin. Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. In a bowl lightly beat 1 egg white, add the biscuits and mix. Press evenly over the base of the cake tin and bake for 15 minutes until firm and golden. Leave to cool.

2. Dissolve the gelatine in 4 tablespoons of boiling water. Mix the quark with the fromage frais, liqueur and sweetener. Whisk the remaining egg whites until stiff, then fold into the quark mixture with the gelatine. Pile on top of the base and smooth the top. Chill for at least 3 hours until set.

3. Release the cheesecake, slice and transfer to individual serving plates. In a pan gently heat the sugar with 1 tablespoon water, stirring, until melted. Raise the heat and boil without stirring for 3-4 minutes until golden. Drizzle over each slice and serve immediately.

Tip: You can make the cheesecake a day in advance - simply cover it in the tin and chill. Add the caramel just before serving.

Agar agar can be used instead of gelatine if preferred.

Oh my, oh my oh my....ginger crinkle crunches AND Bailey's....mmmmmmm....MMMMMMM! I think I've died and gone to heaven, thanks Macwooly, you've made an old woman very happy!! :happydance:

Well I'm doing Slimming World and that is one of their recipes and I can't believe I'm allowed it :)

I do have to plan my dessert/cake making for when other people are around as DH & I are only allowed one slice and we are liable to eat the whole lot which defeats the diet :)

Can you guys get pasteurized eggs in the UK? We can here and it might be a way around the raw egg thing; you can also temper them yourself if you choose to.

yep, I have a tad of an issue with portion control, I'd probably just see the whole thing as my own personal dessert and possibly growl if anyone attempted to take a spoon or fork to it! I'm VERY territorial when it comes to my food :grr:

Can you guys get pasteurized eggs in the UK? We can here and it might be a way around the raw egg thing; you can also temper them yourself if you choose to.

I think we might be able to not sure. I wonder if we can get dried egg whites as well which may be a way around it. I'll look now :)

Well I found a link on how to pasteurise egg whites: https://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6017670_pasteurize-egg-whites.html

It does look like you may be able to buy dried egg whites but struggling to find exactly who in the UK sells them

We can buy egg whites in a carton here and they have been treated; you might find them in the egg substitute section of your grocery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->